TorGuard

Youtube

Rate this topic

It could be Multiple different things you will need to find out which solution by playing around with it, i just tried posting a comment on youtube with VPN on and it worked first try. Did you try changing to a diff IP? or a different location? Different DNS settings? go into your cookies and search for youtube cookies and delete the cookies as alot of sites store IP and other related types of info in cookies these days so clearing your youtube cookies may help. 

Most likely youtube does not like the specific IP or Location you are using so trying out diff IP's or locations should fix.

Thank you so much for the reply back, i have try to change things but nothing seems to work, the only thing i can do with VPN on is give like , to leave a comment i have to turn off VPN

10 hours ago, Rontx said:

Thank you so much for the reply back, i have try to change things but nothing seems to work, the only thing i can do with VPN on is give like , to leave a comment i have to turn off VPN

you dont have to, even if it is blocked, you can use proxy/socks for your browser and only youtube too which would spare you disconnecting.

• 3 weeks later...

This is incredible! The same thing is happening to me - started a couple weeks ago. If I use any US server - comments appear to post, but immediately disappear. If I use Mexico or Toronto the post stays just fine. I've been working with Support for two days answering the same questions over and over in an effort to get an answer - which they don't have, apparently.

I keep getting questions about my browser, if I'm a BOT on Youtube etc. All nothing to do with my problem because I've explained numerous times that it happens on my PC, multiple browsers and my phone as well. Additionally, I've had a friend try it and the same happens to him with Torguard but not his regulars VPN provider. 

I've told them this is  a pretty significant failure but looks like they're stalling while they panic. 

Obviously youtube has some IP's blacklisted due to "abuse" spam and bots and such. So when you post on youtube and your post magically disappears obviously the IP your using was abused by someone* and youtube added to their blacklist. This is nothing specific to Torguard , this is youtube causing the problem.

I am sure youtube would have a few IP's blacklisted from ALL* VPN providers, if you looked hard enough you would likely find IP's that do not work well with youtube regardless of what vpn provider you are using. It is also something that is NOT* Torguards Fault obviously, blame youtube. 

The fix is to find an IP that someone has not abused and caused to get blacklisted that works and stick to the one that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your reply back, that makes sense, what you are saying , but was wondering i am just logging into the closest location to me is all ?   

Connecting to Locations Nearest you are best yes , When you connect to a location it assigns you randomly one of the IP's for that location. Each location has multiple IP's so if one ip is not working you can disconnect and reconnect and it will likely assign a different IP and if you find one that works there is a function in the Torguard client to "Pin" the IP so you can save that specific one and connect to it easily whenever you want. If by chance you try all the ip's for a specific Location and none of them work then you can try finding the next nearest location to you. 

The ability to Pin* ip's in the client is a very nice feature i myself use it for the exact thing mentioned in this thread i find an IP that is close to me and works on all the sites i use and then i pin it so i always connect to it. 

This will be my last post on this thread , The fix is listed above in this thread. If you are having technical difficulties setting your client up or something i would recommend contacting support via Ticket.

I myself use youtube daily* and do not have any issues with the VPN on... I have tried multiple locations and multiple IP's. Not all VPN IP's work with Youtube because some people ""spam/bot/break youtube's rules"" and cause the VPN ip to get blocked on that specific site.

A quick google search shows people complaining about this same thing with other VPN providers as well the fix is easy... find a Location / IP that still works and PIN* The IP that works inside your torguard client to save it* , I myself use the Feature to Pin* ip's in the client, you find one that works on all the sites you use and pin it, problem solved.

In my testing i did Notice an IP that did not work well with youtube i posted a comment on youtube and the comment went p00f and disappeared instantly* so obviously someone did something wrong in the past and that IP no longer works well with youtube, choose a different IP and its fixed. 

You also have the option to purchase a Dedicated IP which may fix this issue since only you will be using that IP so it is unlikely it will have been abused by anyone to cause any sites to block it. I would encourage you to open a support ticket if you need help.