TorGuard

LAN acces with Torguard Wireguard on Debian

Rate this question

Kopernikus
Go to solution Solved by Kopernikus,

Question

Kopernikus

Hi,

I’m already using Torguard for a few years (mostle OpenVPN in Docker containers).

Now I installed the Torguard client on my Debian virtual machine to use with Wireguard and qBittorent.

So I installed Torguard, installed Wireguard, set my port forward and made connection, all working fine as expected.

However when the connection is up I can no longer access (from another pc in same lan of virtual machine), the webinterface of qBittorent who resides on the same ip of the virtual machine, so ip:portnumber

When I disconnect I can connect again to it. Also I noticed in the routing table Torguard uses a hard coded 192.168.0.0 but my local range is 10.10.0.0 so could this be the cause?

Or do I need to manually alter the routing to make it work?

2 answers to this question

• Solution
Kopernikus

Found the problem, the pc who was accessing to webui in the virtual machine was on another subnet.

So I had to add a route: ip route ipdress via gatewayip dev eth0

hello,

this seems strange to me, on debian and ubuntu I can access that client (as example ssh), TG client actually works out of the box properly for me. You should enable debugging in torguard client then inspect debug file and see what is going on, if there is some issue with routing tables you will see it there, of course, best if you send your debug log to support if your issue persists, maybe checking firewall would be good as well to be sure it is not blocking anything (if any is installed at all)