TorGuard

Problem with Check my Torrent IP service? Says the server IP is banned by IP Filter.

Rate this question

ErTnEc

Question

ErTnEc

Does anyone else use the Check my Torrent IP service here, and if so, does it still work for you?  For a while now, mines not been working as expected it seems, and according to Deluge, the trackers response is '34.204.227.31: Error: banned by IP filter'.  I've no history tracking in the Check my Torrent IP page to double check things are working 100%.

3 answers to this question

I've checked and can't see my VPN ip on any blocked peers site.  Going to Trackers doesn't show the public IP which I'm behind, the only IP listed is that of the tracker which reports itself as blocked.  However, I can connect to that IP just fine via the VPN, it's only the trackers response which fails.

It sounds like you have something configured wrong, the torrent ip check page seems to be working perfectly. Some torrent clients do Not* work well with socks5.

'34.204.227.31: Error: banned by IP filter'. Sounds like Deluge is what is causing your problems ... banned by ip filter ,,, I would assume Deluge has a blocklist Plugin Filter somewhere in the settings/options which you have activated* and inside the list is the IP used for check my IP so your blocking it through your client i would assume.

I use Utorrent 2.2.1 with all my settings configured properly and it runs smooth. You may want to Consider switching to a different Client, You also wana make sure you set the client up properly because socks5 is useless if you don't set all the proper settings inside the client. Configuring DNS Is an important step to being anonymous as well if your using your ISP DNS that can lead to leaks*. especially if your only using socks5 and not a VPN as well.