TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

TG Connection keeps dropping

Rate this question

Question

Hi,

This is my first time using TorGuard ( used other VPN's for a while )so please bear with me.

I can connect to a server easily but after a few hours I find the connection has been dropped. This has happened 3 times now in 2 days all connecting to different servers.

OS is Windows 7 64 Bit running Kaspersky as well.

Do I need to create a specific network adapter for TG ?

Please advise.

6 answers to this question

Support

Hello - this adapter should be created automatically, Tg Lite will create its own TAP adapter, Viscosity will create a new adapter for each connection.

In regards to the drop-outs do they happen while you are at the PC or while you are away ? do you let the PC go idle ?

Regards

Same is happening to me. Issue really started occurring when I switched from Transmission to the TorGuard branded transmission.

Issue is occurring on Server 2008R2. This machine is used as a file server with uTorrent running 24/7. Disconnects *seem* to happen when it's idle; I'm not sure as this is not a PC that's active used.

And the issue occurred again since the last posting. This time, the VPN dropped completely and did not appear that it was trying to reconnect. Part of the reason I have VPN is for 24/7 connectivity. I understand that "blips" may occur, but it seems ever since the heart bleed issue the quality of service has gotten much worse.

Support
And the issue occurred again since the last posting. This time, the VPN dropped completely and did not appear that it was trying to reconnect. Part of the reason I have VPN is for 24/7 connectivity. I understand that "blips" may occur, but it seems ever since the heart bleed issue the quality of service has gotten much worse.

We had to make some changes as a precaution, the problem people have been having is receiving those updates certificates and configs which security software has a habit of blocking, these changes have now all been made so it just a case of receiving those updates and updating to the correct certificates.

Regards

How do I go about performing this update? If it's something outside of my control, when will the update become effective?

Support
How do I go about performing this update? If it's something outside of my control, when will the update become effective?

Hi Samuel

What software of ours are you running ? is it TG Lite or Viscosity ? you should receive config updates on both apps automatically.

If you have a problem receiving them and have an older version we recommend you uninstalls and reinstall using the versions from our downloads page.

Cheers