TorGuard

Port Forwarding, port still closed

Rate this question

Ozypy

Question

I have requested the port in tcp and udp on in the request page, and then I've connected with the port forwarded ip. But when I use https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ or https://www.canyouseeme.org/ , the port still shows as closed. I've added the port in windows firewall as well. Without any vpn, the port is open. But the even weirder part is that I tried turning off the windows firewall and it then shows as open when using the port forwarded vpn. This makes me wonder if it is a firewall issue og a torguard issue. I have tired so many things, been trying to fix this for 12+ hours now, please help.

5 answers to this question

Holy Shitttt, I finally fixed it man, the problem was that java was not listed as public and private in the firewall. Thanks for the help man, the websites you provided really helped me out more about the problem.

I would strongly suggest Opening a support ticket for help and clearly explain in detail what you need help with. From your post above i have no clue what your trying to do you just say its not working...?

Are you trying to open a port in utorrent or qbittorent or deluge or vuze or? Above you mention you Connected* to the port forwarded ip but what did you connect to the ip with what exactly are you trying to do you have to list your steps in detail for someone to help. 

3 hours ago, RyDze said:

I would strongly suggest Opening a support ticket for help and clearly explain in detail what you need help with. From your post above i have no clue what your trying to do you just say its not working...?

Are you trying to open a port in utorrent or qbittorent or deluge or vuze or? Above you mention you Connected* to the port forwarded ip but what did you connect to the ip with what exactly are you trying to do you have to list your steps in detail for someone to help. 

I tried making a support ticket and tried getting help, they wasted 24 hours of my time, did not have any great help, and used 5 hours in between each answer.

What I meant by connecting to the port forwarded ip, was that when you request a port, it will pop up inside torguads desktop app as a "custom ip" with the open port you requested, right next to the locations. You click select server, you go up, you choose "Port Forward IP", this will have it set up, after you have pressed it, you press "connect". This is what I meant by connecting to the vpn. To clarify I am using Windows 10, with the Torguard desktop application.

I am setting up a game server, with port 25565. Again, when I check websites like  https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ , the port still shows as closed when using the "custom" port forwarded ip. When not using any vpn it shows as open, this makes me belive that most other things are working, and that it is problem with the vpn or firewall. Again the weird thing was that when I disabled the firewall while having the vpn on, the port suddenly displayed as open. This could be a sign that there is something I can add to the firewall to make it work correctly. I must add though, that I have already added all torguard exe's in the firewall, and I have added the port I am using 25565, both with tcp and udp. Could also be the settings I am using, but I went threw basicly all forum posts, plus all google seaches. And I used all the answers that people gave, like recommended settings that are supposed to work with the open port/port. Anyway I will give some screen shots of the settings and more. Again please help, opening a support ticket did not give me any help.

16166a4dbc4a7811cc8ba919e16a84fe.png

dbaf2bde414800d2c669b69f697ec48f.png

527c3bbec315e12619ddfc563a2b2515_LI (2).jpg

0e154bf5b5232aab4ce54955931ff690_LI (2).jpg

• Like 1

I think for minecraft server you have to configure the ipv4 to static so it internally never changes which you may have done.

After some testing i found that when opening a port it seems to open that port for the specific udp or tcp whichever you open or both so when you run your online port scanners some of those scanners check to see if its fully open! which they are not so the result is they say closed or blocked or whatever.

Both of the scanners you linked above scan to see if the port is fully open, You should run a UDP/TCP port scanner to see if the port is listening for tcp/udp connections specifically with more detailed results.

I scanned port 25565 while connected to a vpn server and it was closed* --> so i opened the port for the server/IP in my control panel here on the site and checked again and it scans as open/"filtered." so going from closed to open/filtered shows a change. So that would likely mean there is a Firewall Filtering out other types of connections then those you requested to be open which is normal It seems to work for me, like i say the 2 port scan sites you listed both display the port as closed but when i used 2 other sites it scans as open/filtered* now. Hopefully scanning with different scanners may provide you with a more open/filtered result it seems to be all working good for me though.

This is one of the ones i used > https://www.ipvoid.com/udp-port-scan/

Wow okay, thanks, this may be a step towards the right direction. I tried the website you provided, and I both used the udp port scanner and I used the tcp port scanner. And on udp scan displayed it as "Open|filtered", while the tcp scan displayed it as just "Filtered". I will provide screenshots under also. But I am unsure what is the next step to use this information to fix the problem. Because this definitely indicates that the port is atleast "50%" open. I must add though, that I have of course also checked if it is possible for people to join the server with ip, and they could not.

63f19af7d98039d208b6d82901feefe5.png

eedb1b7fe78d7ff58ee4fe534bca7bdb.png