TorGuard

Apple Silicon Compatibility

Rate this question

ItsMe

Question

Hey,

I've seen this mentioned on Reddit and similar but not here.

Are there plans to make the app natively compatible with M1 chips (Apple Silicon) anytime soon?

Because Torguard actively runs it's quite a battery drain running via Rosetta compared to an app that sits in the background most of the time .

Thanks,

7 answers to this question

This should no longer be a problem since the official WireGuardKit has release 1 hour ago! It's written in swift and it's for iOS and macOS and it also officially support Apple Silicon. I hope Torguard will implement this soon in both the IOS and macOS app! It's not asolution but it should guide the developpers to the solution.

Source: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuardKit for iOS and macOS Released (zx2c4.com)

As a solution, you can use the official Wireguard app for macOS that uses this WireguardKit, which supports Apple Silicon. They said (in the link I've sent above, in the Post Scriptum) that the updated app has been sent to the App Store for approval. Once you've got this app, you can download the config for Wireguard from the configurator page and use it with the official Wireguard app, which should be kept updated (WireGuardKit) more frequently than Torguard's app.

Thanks for that. I had looked at Wireguard but it was all repos of source code rather than an app to install. Didn't realise it was also in the App Store, that makes it simple!