TorGuard

Asus DSL-AC88U open vpn client won't connect

Rate this question

frostie36

Question

Has anyone ever managed to connect the open vpn client on an Asus DSL-AC88U router as no matter what I can't connect to the vpn.

Having searched on Google I come across some Asus ovpn config files to download from the torguard website, won't connect & I've also tried the open vpn generator in the client area to create a config file but I noticed the option to choose Asus is no longer there so I tried using default & then openwrt (I know it's not AsusWRT but thought I'd try it anyway) , neither worked & the open vpn client on the router just will not connect. 

Edit : this is the error being reported by the router system log

Dec  6 20:13:01 DSL-AC88U daemon.err openvpn[10337]: Cannot load certificate file /data/openvpn/client/client.crt: error:0906D06C:lib(9):func(109):reason(108): error:140AD009:lib(20):func(173):reason(9)

Dec  6 20:13:01 DSL-AC88U daemon.notice openvpn[10337]: Exiting due to fatal error

I can find nothing on the torguard site about a client certificate when setting up open vpn on a router!? 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet