TorGuard

TorGuard Client v4.3.0

Rate this question

Support

Question

Release torguard-v4.3.0, 2020-11-30
===================================

- All platforms: bug fix: connection time was wrong calculated if the system time changes during connection
- All platforms: trim whitespaces from username (at the beginning and at the end of the string)
- All platforms: Dedicated IP automatic pulled from TorGuard API are now refreshed every 30 minutes
- All platforms: set WireGuard as default tunnel type
- All platforms: Correctly rendering Settings window on smaller dpi screens
- All platforms: "Kill Switch" option requires a restart of the program and the three options "Seamless reconnect", "Kill Switch"
                 and "Prevent IPv6 leak" are strongly interconnected: when "Kill Switch" is active, "Seamless Reconnect" and
                 "Prevent IPv6 leak" can not be changed, or they will not work properly.
                 This logic is now properly mirrored in the settings widget, disabling the checkboxes if the relative
                 options can not be changed at that point.
- All platforms: "Verify!" link sometimes was not working even if the VPN was correctly connected.
                 The stability of this feature is now improved.
- Linux: shows an error if the WireGuard interface could not be properly created.
         This can happen in some Ubuntu and Debian distributions if wireguard-dkms package is not installed.
- Windows: fix bug preventing TorGuard to work correctly with the new update of WireGuard
- Windows: update WireGuard installer to new version 0.2.3
- Windows: fix bug that let tray icon open multiple TorGuard windows

Downloads

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Well, I can not what kind of IP it is, but obviously it is from a shared pool, check nslookup of canadian torguard urls and you will see if your IP is shared.

Dedicated IP does not equal dedicated server. Like I said, ask please TorGuard support if you got a right product, because if I can connect it means it is either premium or shared server.

With every VPN, you can choose 3 IP's for port forwarding which act as dedicated IP but those are on shared servers which any torguard customer could use for connection. You should also not post your dedicated IP publicly connecting your account to that ip if it is used only by you.

For normal vpn user, only 20 ports can be opened per dedicated IP and only ports above 2000, I guess when you get dedicated ip (paid one), those restrictions are different.

Hope you get it sorted with support, TorGuard support is great, thats my experience with them, just drop them the question about it and I guess they can explain their products better than I currently did. Hope it clarifies it a little bit and no :) , you are not hacked or so

oh, I did not see that my ip was on the background of my print screen.... maybe you could erase my images in your ''quotes'' from me? @JohnVK

thanks

31 minutes ago, James8078 said:

maybe you could erase my images in your ''quotes'' from me?

I just edited my posts and removed it, dont forget to remove your screenshot too which shows it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

I just edited my posts and removed it, dont forget to remove your screenshot too which shows it.

thanks a lot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnVK said:

Hello James,

I also see this error from time to time.
Mostly I just resort to selecting another server or wait for a bit, because, in my experience, this issue does not last very long.

It is definitely a server issue or a communication issue between the Torguard client and the server, hard to say for us, really. The devs need to take a look at that.
At the time of that error, the issue is server specific, though. Because, like I said, other servers work fine when I get the error on my preferred server, in my case The Netherlands, Amsterdam. When I select an alternative server it is usually Germany, Belgium or Luxembourg, something close by.

They are probably glitches (teething problems) due to Wireguard being such a recent implementation.

In any case, it's not an issue on your end. There's nothing you (and me) can do about it, other than report it to Torguard and hope they solve it. Luckily, It's not a major issue, because we can easily just select another server to temporary get around it.

Kind regards,
John

could you remove my printscreen from your reply please.

thanks

3 hours ago, 19807409 said:

@JohnVK

I would not be sure it is a server issue as long as there is no logs, it clearly is some kind of ssl issue, but we all need to see debug log to drive more conclusions on it, of course best is if you send your debug directly to support. I remember that New York server and some other did not work during beta stage showing same error, if it is the same issue now on other network then I guess it is easy to fix it.

That's why I said "server issue or a communication issue between the Torguard client and the server".
And it is server specific in the way that I usually only have the issue on one server but can use any of the others without issue.

Anyway, not my department. I'll let Torguard sort it out.

@James8078I have deleted the screenshot from the quoted reply.

• Like 1

I have a windows 10 machine and the TorGuard 4.3.0 client works just fine on a fresh OS install.  However, I would recommend using linux on your main PC.  Windows is such a bloated anti-privacy product.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

I have a windows 10 machine and the TorGuard 4.3.0 client works just fine on a fresh OS install.  However, I would recommend using linux on your main PC.  Windows is such a bloated anti-privacy product.

closed

There are two problems in your client that I face one is that dedicated IP takes more than half hour to load once port is changed on the website and two whenever I switch from WiFi to Lan or LAN to WiFi, it just don't let me connect, I have to restart my PC to get it working again.

on one of my devices on debian having low resolution rendering works, good that this has been fixed. Can one disable pulling dedicated IP's? It also did not overwrite set dedicated IP's like previous versions, this was annoying a little bit. Kill switch worked for me too on debian (Linux hystou 5.9.0-3-amd64) and ubuntu (Linux dev 5.4.0-54-generic).

aarch64 still does not work:

/opt/torguard/bin/torguard: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

ps: I also tested torguard server (wireguard with kernel support) on sf8008 with openatv (mips/arm) and it works without issues including port forwarding. If you manage to create torguard app for Enigma too, I guess you will get quite many new customers, no other vpn provider offers it and some image builders had their hard time to implement wireguard, openvpn was never an option on those boxes due to really bad performance but wireguard is.

v4.3.0 is still broken on W10 x64 for me. I tried it today after a clean reinstall (I even searched through the registry and deleted all TG references).

I reinstalled v4.1.3 and I'm using Wireguard v0.2.3 and TAP v9.24.2 and it's WORKING.

The issue is with the TG client and not Wireguard.

@Support Please fix your clients or show us how to connect using other compatible clients. I shouldn't have to use outdated clients just because you can't get your shit together.

Edit: BTW, I tried Wireguard 0.1.1 (or whatever version that was packed with the TG v4.1.3 installer) with TG 4.3.0 and it didn't work. Again, it's a TG client issue, not a Wireguard issue.

3 hours ago, sumdude1 said:

v4.3.0 is still broken on W10 x64 for me

I tested it with installing over existing 4.2.0, it works without any issues.

tried it today after a clean reinstall

Whatever it means, it seems your Windolls operating system is either broken/not clean, be it other third party tools or whatever else you might have installed.

I reinstalled v4.1.3 and I'm using Wireguard v0.2.3 and TAP v9.24.2 and it's WORKING.

Doing it wit all versions which installed on Windows, latest 4.3.0 had checkbox by default on v0.2.3

Please fix your clients or show us how to connect using other compatible clients.

I would suggest you better fix your Windolls or contact support for further help. Previous versions and torguard clients which you mention install and run correctly on a "clean" or better said not broken Windolls, as you can see in the screenshot:

https://i.ibb.co/0JWJ56Q/grafik.png

As for all of them, openconnect, openvpn, wireguard or any other by torguard supported protocol, you can use them all with other clients, you did not know it?

I shouldn't have to use outdated clients just because you can't get your shit together.

It looks to me just as many of those user related errors with their broken systems due to whatever and like always, it seems to be user error where a user wants TorGuard to repair its OS, probably next claim would be that something else works/worked somewhere and that is a proof for how bad TorGuard is, right :)?

You should never use outdated clients and TorGuard seems to get their shit properly together but they face similar issues like many companies where a Windolls user complains that his windows is broken, maybe you should contact Microsoft to find out what is wrong, not torguard.

Please enable debugging of your torguard client and send your debug.log to TorGuard and they might maybe know what exactly you have broken in your OS.

Edit: BTW, I tried Wireguard 0.1.1 (or whatever version that was packed with the TG v4.1.3 installer) with TG 4.3.0 and it didn't work. Again, it's a TG client issue, not a Wireguard issue.

Despite the fact that wireguard works and it seems you have difficulties to use it without TG client, 4.3.0 works as in screenshot above as well as does wireguard client.

v4.2.0 worked too as well as every previous torguard version, issue is with your OS, has nothing to do with TorGuard.

@Support I can confirm that resolution issue is fixed in v4.3.0, as well as I can confirm that no multiwindow bug described in v4.2.0 seems to be fixed too, I can not reproduce with 4.3.0 same bug with opening multiple windows.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, 19807409 said:

I tested it with installing over existing 4.2.0, it works without any issues.

Whatever it means, it seems your Windolls operating system is either broken/not clean, be it other third party tools or whatever else you might have installed.

Doing it wit all versions which installed on Windows, latest 4.3.0 had checkbox by default on v0.2.3

I would suggest you better fix your Windolls or contact support for further help. Previous versions and torguard clients which you mention install and run correctly on a "clean" or better said not broken Windolls, as you can see in the screenshot:

https://i.ibb.co/0JWJ56Q/grafik.png

As for all of them, openconnect, openvpn, wireguard or any other by torguard supported protocol, you can use them all with other clients, you did not know it?

It looks to me just as many of those user related errors with their broken systems due to whatever and like always, it seems to be user error where a user wants TorGuard to repair its OS, probably next claim would be that something else works/worked somewhere and that is a proof for how bad TorGuard is, right :)?

You should never use outdated clients and TorGuard seems to get their shit properly together but they face similar issues like many companies where a Windolls user complains that his windows is broken, maybe you should contact Microsoft to find out what is wrong, not torguard.

Please enable debugging of your torguard client and send your debug.log to TorGuard and they might maybe know what exactly you have broken in your OS.

Despite the fact that wireguard works and it seems you have difficulties to use it without TG client, 4.3.0 works as in screenshot above as well as does wireguard client.

v4.2.0 worked too as well as every previous torguard version, issue is with your OS, has nothing to do with TorGuard.

@Support I can confirm that resolution issue is fixed in v4.3.0, as well as I can confirm that no multiwindow bug described in v4.2.0 seems to be fixed too, I can not reproduce with 4.3.0 same bug with opening multiple windows.

Torguard clients 4.1.3 or prior work just fine but not the newer ones and you're suggesting my OS is the cause. You're a special kind of stupid, aren't ya? Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question. Go back to your perfectly tuned Windolls lol. Mofo can't even type.

5 hours ago, sumdude1 said:

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't ya?

And this is told by somebody who cant properly install a package? If I am stupid, that would be subjective, but for you it is a fact, normally one is restricted by its mental health, that is normally called retarded and I will not bother you telling it as it indeed may hurt your feelings in case that you knew it already.

you're suggesting my OS is the cause

No, I am suggesting that you are incapable to have non broken OS, it did not broke by itself, you broke it. However, Windolls OS is well known for it. Its a doll OS for dolls, just like you.

Torguard clients 4.1.3 or prior work just fin

Stop writting nonsense/lies. If it works then just shut up and go on.

Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question

I already did, it does not surprise me that you are retard.

Mofo can't even type

Maybe your mother :) retard.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:34 AM, Morphy said:

Bug: Auto connect at startup dont work for me anymore. Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.

Normally after a restart, it automatically connect at startup. But not anymore.

If you are not experienced with linux, you might forget that command. Yes, above mentioned workaround works and is a way to do it, or better said what a deb installation should do during installation (check if it is in group and then readd if it is the case).

For normal Joe who relies on GUI and never wants to start a terminal, here is how to do it with TG client GUI:

1. Start your torguard client
  2. Edit client settings, as example, uncheck to start on boot and save settings
  3. Edit again your settings, enable to start on boot and save settings
  4. Here you will be asked if you want to add it to group

Why does this happen?: Because it seems, when you install a deb package, I believe the logic not to add to user/group is because torguard assumes that installation should ??not?? read those settings without user prompt and if one is built in, then it reads the data which you might not want. This is just example of what the reason could be that it is not setting proper permission during installation.

Here it comes to reply why open source clients should be used if one cares about security and other things, as in open source you can review the code and add your changes to it if any are required without a need to wait if it fits company's goals. @Support I would agree on point that permission should be properly checked/installed during installation, but I am honest in saying that real reasons for this are not known, it would be good if you could explain why the process is as it is.

8 hours ago, JohnVK said:

For what it's worth, I agree with (everything that was said by) 19807409

Thanks. I believe majority of torguard users have anyway working OS's, otherwise you would see much more users reporting it and in real with debug.log and other info, everything else can not be seen as serious.

@Support I have finished a new guide, it is how to actually share your Wireguard connection, where this fully removes issue with max. connections, especially within local networks where one would like to have more than 8 connections because one has 30+ devices. In my new guide I show how it can be easily setup in few minutes directly from mate desktop gui, meaning it is very easy. As I excluded IPv6 part, in theory I would be restricted with 252 torguard connections per ethernet on a server, but that can be easily increased where with ipv6 I have quite a lot more addresses per ethernet. In guide I use Ubuntu Mate on rockpi4, setup for rpi4 should be the same and rpi4 can host without any issues stable speed over wireguard of 500Mbits, where it is not a cpu which hits restrictions, there is enough cpu to reach full 1Gbit. However, it is good to know that with one ~$ 30 device available everywhere and easily replaceable, you could use it to share torguard connection. I tested it all with around 20 devices and wireguard is rock solid, reboots, autoreconnects etc.. all works. Main question is, is torguard ok with it? If yes, you can add additional feature to torguard client, which is to allow unlimited amount of connections from home (technically from same ip) and act as homeserver, with wireguard this is really very, very easy. And yes, this works with any wireguard ip, as example, very useful for those having streamip/dedicated ip's.