TorGuard

TorGuard Client v4.3.0

Rate this question

Support

Question

Release torguard-v4.3.0, 2020-11-30
===================================

- All platforms: bug fix: connection time was wrong calculated if the system time changes during connection
- All platforms: trim whitespaces from username (at the beginning and at the end of the string)
- All platforms: Dedicated IP automatic pulled from TorGuard API are now refreshed every 30 minutes
- All platforms: set WireGuard as default tunnel type
- All platforms: Correctly rendering Settings window on smaller dpi screens
- All platforms: "Kill Switch" option requires a restart of the program and the three options "Seamless reconnect", "Kill Switch"
                 and "Prevent IPv6 leak" are strongly interconnected: when "Kill Switch" is active, "Seamless Reconnect" and
                 "Prevent IPv6 leak" can not be changed, or they will not work properly.
                 This logic is now properly mirrored in the settings widget, disabling the checkboxes if the relative
                 options can not be changed at that point.
- All platforms: "Verify!" link sometimes was not working even if the VPN was correctly connected.
                 The stability of this feature is now improved.
- Linux: shows an error if the WireGuard interface could not be properly created.
         This can happen in some Ubuntu and Debian distributions if wireguard-dkms package is not installed.
- Windows: fix bug preventing TorGuard to work correctly with the new update of WireGuard
- Windows: update WireGuard installer to new version 0.2.3
- Windows: fix bug that let tray icon open multiple TorGuard windows

Downloads

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, TDog said:

I love guys like 19807409. Always user error. I guess if I was running a fresh install with only TorGuard life would be just dandy. Oh wait, why would I need TorGuard then? This seems to be a cyclic problem with TorGuard, they will put something out in the field with minimal testing, perhaps on a virgin system which I assume 19807409 is running. I won't even start listing my credentials let's say many of you were in diapers and leave it at that.

I am paying for a service/software that is plainly broken once again. TorGuard seems to be unfriendly to so many A/V programs. How about find out why TorGuard ticks off so many A/V heuristics and learn how to write to their confines or at least make them aware of what processes you are using so they can be white flagged if they deserve to be. It's not that hard if you care to have a quality product.

Why do you need TorGuard, that is a good question, especially if you have troubles in setting it up, be it user error or not? You accuse TorGuard of offering bad service because you have troubles in setting it up together with other software that you use? Why at all do you then use TorGuard? Why did you choose TorGuard?

Yes, that is right, you are paying for a service (not for the software as software can be downloaded and used for free, their services not) and in particular you can read terms and conditions which you signed to as well as which services exactly does TorGuard need to offer you. Also in this topic we do not need to get deeper into it as it clearly looks like if you did not read it and your next claim will be that you simply wanted a VPN product and did not want to waste time in reading what at all did you buy. It offers all it's VPN services.

Offering Software Product is not a service, it is a product. Just as a point as you seem to have troubles with their Software, not with their services. With that it is clear to mean that you actually have no much knowledge about the product you purchased and indeed, nobody forced you to buy something that you might or might not need. Regarding the software, nobody forces you to use torguards software to use their services like you claim. TorGuard also is not developing openvpn, wireguard or any other protocol.

With that, unless you show some evidence that their services are not working (best by logs), then your post is not really of any worth, especially as you in forefront deny any failure on your side where it is obvious that you neither are experienced in this field nor you did your homework in reading up how to use it and set it up on an oldie system or a "fake" virgin Windolls PC.

TorGuard is not unfriendly to A/V applications, it is A/V applications that do things that one would not want and is actually known issue for windolls users which waste most of their time in scanning for AV and malware. Beside that, Windolls comes as almost pure virgin without almost any software (except mickey softs own spying products), I say almost, as it spies on you and does things you dont know about before you even have ever used your device for the first time. So far, TorGuard is not responsible for Mickey Softs Windolls or any other A/V product which users install.

By that, if you had unresolved issues with your AV product, then contact company who sold you this AV product and ask for support.

As for why TorGuard ticks off so many A/V heuristics has nothing to do with torguard, I will not even get deeper into this topic, buy private ip and as you are the only one who uses it, if it gets blacklisted then only due to your own actions, if you use shared servers, well, then you might appear not clearly to some rogue systems which want to prevent you using their services. Once again, you should contact those companies blacklisting you/ip's which you use, then you will find out more.

Everything that you wrote is simply assumption, and to reply to your question, I use different systems on different devices with different architectures, all of them are linux, I use mainly latest (unstable) debian, wife has ubuntu, some servers use centos. Maybe I should mention that I did not reinstall since years debian and ubuntu on my desktop devices, I simply upgraded them to always latest one. By that, your assumption falls again as empty and has nothing to do with reality, as my desktop systems are not virgin systems, but nothing is missconfigured, no need for A/V and other crap soft which you cant live without on windolls as well as no uncontrolled software distribution like on windows (as example windows update, windolls registry etc..).

Point about virgin system is something that you shuold test before you claim that TorGuard is not working, install fresh OS, then see if TorGuard works, it will and then start installing your AV and other crap which might break something, that way you will find out.

The only cyclic problem are users having wrong imagination and scream loudly wrond things, just like you did in your post. If you are breaking your system often, you should consider then properly backing up your system or even better running and booting your system from a VHD if you break it often (vmware/virtualbox are just to slow), as that would let you to easily manage your Windolls OS by vhd/x images which boot properly directly with windolls bootloader without to touch your current system. When you are finished, then you might want to reinstall it clean or simply delete everything from your drive except the VHD (meaning deleting your Windolls). As you see, there are plenty ways how you could test your claims and I even suggested you few for Windolls.

If you do not want to use TorGuards service and you are so desperate about incompetent VPN providers, then setup your own, considering that many offer you server services for free for some time, it should be then only the question who you trust, guess you would be more lucky with famous goolge respecting your privacy and data in the way most dont, but hey, they give you then $ 300 for a year to test and you can run $5 servers with fixed ip etc for whole year. So, to finish this, why do you pay for TorGuard services at all if they do not work for you and as you are more clever than every software developer or a salesman, you must seek for alternative which you trust and as you trust Mickey Soft, I see no reasons why you should not trust Google :)

I guess there is not much to say here and most of what I wrote is offtopic as is your post, as it has nothing to do with current release and I am sorry to tell you, if your TorGuard client does not work for you, there must be a reason, if it works for most people, then the issue is mostly on your SW/HW, that is not a rocket science. As last, I doubt you used all services from TorGuard.

You claimed things without writing any facts and it is waste of time in my eyes to reply to you, just used the opportunity to wish you and everybody else happy new year and maybe give you some tips which you might ignore or not, up to you, just do not pay for services which you can't use, be it AV or VPN product.

1 minute ago, James8078 said:

cause I pay for this dedicated ip, I thought it was mine with my credentials

Well, I can not what kind of IP it is, but obviously it is from a shared pool, check nslookup of canadian torguard urls and you will see if your IP is shared.

Dedicated IP does not equal dedicated server. Like I said, ask please TorGuard support if you got a right product, because if I can connect it means it is either premium or shared server.

With every VPN, you can choose 3 IP's for port forwarding which act as dedicated IP but those are on shared servers which any torguard customer could use for connection. You should also not post your dedicated IP publicly connecting your account to that ip if it is used only by you.

For normal vpn user, only 20 ports can be opened per dedicated IP and only ports above 2000, I guess when you get dedicated ip (paid one), those restrictions are different.

Hope you get it sorted with support, TorGuard support is great, thats my experience with them, just drop them the question about it and I guess they can explain their products better than I currently did. Hope it clarifies it a little bit and no :) , you are not hacked or so

Hi, Ive always had an issue with pulling the dedicated IP. My android phones can pull the IP successfully, but my Windows PC is unable to do so. Ive had the IPs for about 1 month now and my PC never seems to be able to get it. Even with this new update I am still unable to pull the IPs.

20 hours ago, kx9134 said:

Hi, Ive always had an issue with pulling the dedicated IP. My android phones can pull the IP successfully, but my Windows PC is unable to do so. Ive had the IPs for about 1 month now and my PC never seems to be able to get it. Even with this new update I am still unable to pull the IPs.

You can add your dedicated IP into the TG app manually if it doesn't get pulled automatically. 

20 hours ago, Morphy said:

Bug: Auto connect at startup dont work for me anymore. Ubuntu Desktop 18.04.

Normally after a restart, it automatically connect at startup. But not anymore.

I experience this with each update. You just have to add your user to "torguard" group:

sudo usermod -a -G torguard <username>

With this update, I even had to create the group first:

sudo groupadd torguard

I hope this helps you out!

2 hours ago, Ashutosh said:

I experience this with each update. You just have to add your user to "torguard" group:

sudo usermod -a -G torguard <username>

With this update, I even had to create the group first:

sudo groupadd torguard

I hope this helps you out!

Thanks mate :) 

Did the trick - I hope that TG fix this issue :) 

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I agree with (everything that was said by) 19807409.

I have been using TorGuard on Windows 10 (see screenshot below) for ages and recently upgraded to v4.3.0 (by installing it over v4.2.0) and don't think i have ever had an issue with any version that wasn't user error (yes, they were caused by myself and/or third party applications). Even then, support was willing and able to help in those few instances that I required help.

WireGuard also works perfectly fine for me on Windows using the TG Client (and has with any version since its inception).

There were some startup irregularities when WireGuard was first introduced, but that's to be expected with such a relatively big change to the software. Besides, those issues were also fixed in no time. TorGuard support is awesome like that.

I can also confirm that, so far, with v4.3.0 I am no longer getting any duplicate windows when clicking the systray icon. That sometimes happened with v4.2.0 (no big deal though).

Cheers!
JohnVK

509697316_TorGuardv4.3.0.jpg.ea099b73588980d75df822ba7c5d4a91.jpg

15 hours ago, 19807409 said:

If you are not experienced with linux, you might forget that command. Yes, above mentioned workaround works and is a way to do it, or better said what a deb installation should do during installation (check if it is in group and then readd if it is the case).

For normal Joe who relies on GUI and never wants to start a terminal, here is how to do it with TG client GUI:

1. Start your torguard client
  2. Edit client settings, as example, uncheck to start on boot and save settings
  3. Edit again your settings, enable to start on boot and save settings
  4. Here you will be asked if you want to add it to group

Hi 

Thanks for your reply and good explanation :)

I did that already , normally after an update , I do exactly that. I open TG, I go to settings make my changes etc. Once im done and want to safe , it pops up and ask me if I want to add TorGuard to groups etc.

torguard is in the group - checked.

17 hours ago, 19807409 said:

For normal Joe who relies on GUI and never wants to start a terminal, here is how to do it with TG client GUI:

1. Start your torguard client
  2. Edit client settings, as example, uncheck to start on boot and save settings
  3. Edit again your settings, enable to start on boot and save settings
  4. Here you will be asked if you want to add it to group

That never works for me on Fedora for some reason. Maybe it is just me, but it is not a big problem because it is just takes 1 command (or 2 if group gets deleted)

On 12/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, Morphy said:

Thanks mate :) 

Did the trick - I hope that TG fix this issue :) 

Glad to help! ☺

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, sumdude1 said:

Torguard clients 4.1.3 or prior work just fine but not the newer ones and you're suggesting my OS is the cause. You're a special kind of stupid, aren't ya? Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question. Go back to your perfectly tuned Windolls lol. Mofo can't even type.

I love guys like 19807409. Always user error. I guess if I was running a fresh install with only TorGuard life would be just dandy. Oh wait, why would I need TorGuard then? This seems to be a cyclic problem with TorGuard, they will put something out in the field with minimal testing, perhaps on a virgin system which I assume 19807409 is running. I won't even start listing my credentials let's say many of you were in diapers and leave it at that.

I am paying for a service/software that is plainly broken once again. TorGuard seems to be unfriendly to so many A/V programs. How about find out why TorGuard ticks off so many A/V heuristics and learn how to write to their confines or at least make them aware of what processes you are using so they can be white flagged if they deserve to be. It's not that hard if you care to have a quality product.

impossible to use torguard windows,  wireguard, impossible to connect, fatal error.

I made a fresh reinstall, clean everything....

On 1/3/2021 at 5:26 AM, James8078 said:

impossible to use torguard windows,  wireguard, impossible to connect, fatal error.

Cant confirm, here is what I get, no issues at all, does it work for you now?:

Edited by 19807409
remove screenshots showing userrs IP on user request

6 hours ago, 19807409 said:

Cant confirm, here is what I get, no issues at all, does it work for you now?:

6 hours ago, 19807409 said:
works now after app reset..
thanks
BTW, why do you have my dedicated ip?
are you from torguard staff? I hope so 😉

On 1/3/2021 at 5:26 AM, James8078 said:

Hello James,

I also see this error from time to time.
Mostly I just resort to selecting another server or wait for a bit, because, in my experience, this issue does not last very long.

It is definitely a server issue or a communication issue between the Torguard client and the server, hard to say for us, really. The devs need to take a look at that.
At the time of that error, the issue is server specific, though. Because, like I said, other servers work fine when I get the error on my preferred server, in my case The Netherlands, Amsterdam. When I select an alternative server it is usually Germany, Belgium or Luxembourg, something close by.

They are probably glitches (teething problems) due to Wireguard being such a recent implementation.

In any case, it's not an issue on your end. There's nothing you (and me) can do about it, other than report it to Torguard and hope they solve it. Luckily, It's not a major issue, because we can easily just select another server to temporary get around it.

Kind regards,
John

Edited by JohnVK
Removed the screenshot from the user's quoted post (on his request)

2 hours ago, JohnVK said:

Hello James,

Mostly I just resort to selecting another server or wait for a bit, because, in my experience, this issue does not last very long.

It is definitely a server issue or a communication issue between the Torguard client and the server, hard to say for us, really. The devs need to take a look at that.
At the time of that error, the issue is server specific, though. Because, like I said, other servers work fine when I get the error on my preferred server, in my case The Netherlands, Amsterdam. When I select an alternative server it is usually Germany, Belgium or Luxembourg, something close by.

They are probably glitches (teething problems) due to Wireguard being such a recent implementation.

In any case, it's not an issue on your end. There's nothing you (and me) can do about it, other than report it to Torguard and hope they solve it. Luckily, It's not a major issue, because we can easily just select another server to temporary get around it.

Kind regards,
John

the problem is back again.....

2 hours ago, JohnVK said:

Hello James,

Kind regards,
John

btw, it is not about servers cause if I use wireguard app, not torguard app, every server worls

7 hours ago, James8078 said:

Here is how I have your ip, you posted it in your screenshot:

This error could also mean that another device is already connected to this IP, it is something I described in other threads. Make sure by asking support how many devices can connect at the same time to that server and how many do not.

If you experience this often, then it often can happen by connecting/disconnecting to different servers and changing settings. Maybe silly to ask as I assume you tried it, but still, did you try to reboot your PC if you experience this issue? I remember that I had the same issue with openconnect years ago as well as @Support did report about ssl issues and fixes during beta stage, I would assume those are fixed.

And no, I am not in any way involved with TorGuard and am not part of TorGuard staff.

@JohnVK

I would not be sure it is a server issue as long as there is no logs, it clearly is some kind of ssl issue, but we all need to see debug log to drive more conclusions on it, of course best is if you send your debug directly to support. I remember that New York server and some other did not work during beta stage showing same error, if it is the same issue now on other network then I guess it is easy to fix it.

Edited by 19807409
remove screenshots showing userrs IP on user request

1 minute ago, 19807409 said:

Why would I need your username and password if I can use my?

cause I pay for this dedicated ip, I thought it was mine with my credentials