TorGuard

Torguard 4.1.2, qbittorrent disconnects from all connections when I connect to torguard vpn

Rate this question

Khockin

Question

With the more recent versions of torguard I find when I connect to the torguard servers my qbittorrent will not connect to any trackers/peers

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

5 answers to this question

Are you using wireguard? Have the checked qbittorent issue tracker? https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues , search for wireguard, torguard and vpn. If you don't see one, make sure you have View->Logs->Show enabled along with all the other checkmarks for Normal,Warning, etc and copy and paste the stuff from the Execution Log tab that appears to pastebin.com and add a link to the qbittorrent issue tracker.

Qbittorrent had the same issue with TAP adapters, maybe they didn't test out wireguard ones, or they missed a certain case.

51 minutes ago, Brainbleach said:

I mean setting qbittorrent to only use the vpn interface should be the first thing you do after installing.

Yes and no, there is no logic in that, normally qbittorent should work without a need to change anything, 0.0.0.0 means use all interfaces and that simply does not work with it. Problem is, for me at least, fresh installed qbittorent without vpn does not even work, it downloads nothing. Transmission on other side works fine but lacks of few features like proxy/socks, however, transmission simply works better and more stable, it does not hang if you try to to recheck some torrent files. There are quite many known bugs with qbittorrent unresolved for long time and having a need to set correct interface manually is one of them.

On 11/30/2020 at 5:14 AM, Brainbleach said:

I mean setting qbittorrent to only use the vpn interface should be the first thing you do after installing.

how you do that?