TorGuard

ASUS firewall blocking Firefox Extension

Devon Treznor
Go to solution Solved by Devon Treznor,

Question

Devon Treznor

I recently got fiber internet through my provider and I'm very excited to test its potential. The problem is that I've had nothing but trouble with my Torguard services since then. I tried buying a new ASUS AC66U router with an AC1900 repeater that helped with the range issues I've had, but it wasn't until I turned off the internal firewall in the ASUS router that I had any success consistently connecting to any proxy servers for my Firefox browser. This is happening on both my desktop and my laptop. Both have the latest version of Firefox (83.0 64 bit) and have the latest VPN Extension version 1.5.0.

I know there must be a way to enable the firewall and whitelist Torguard services, but I'm not having much luck finding all the information I'm looking for in a single location. Can anyone point me to a guide to help me?

Thank you!

Several hours after declaring that disabling the firewall offered me a workaround, the Firefox extension has started to fail again. I'm back to "Login Failed!" after being connected to one of a half dozen servers in the US. I have this problem on both computers, but the failure is intermittent.

Edited by Devon Treznor
Updated circumstances

1 answer to this question

• Solution
Devon Treznor

Working with support, the resolution was to add not only 8.8.8.8 to the local DNS but also 4.2.2.2. After that I've been able to connect without error, even through the firewall.