TorGuard

New Torguard VPN for Windows broken

Rate this question

tomf

Question

After days & days of trying to run TorguardVPN, including with WireGuard and without, and uninstalling and reinstalling many multiple times, I finally gave up and am now successfully running 3.98.12 again.

The latest version 4.2.0 at least ran the first time I installed it, but then it would not survive Sleep mode, and would lock-up requiring Task Manage End Process. It also left a crapload of wg connections in my registry that were another PIA to delete.

So I've uninstalled it, but after finding 3.98.12 and installing THAT, I tripped-across TAP info that suggests the new version with WireGuard may have been automatically installing the wrong version, v9.9.2. It seems instead that my W7Pro x64 should perhaps actually be running 9.24.2? Could v9.9.2 be the reason TorGuardVPN client since 4-something has not worked well for me?

9 answers to this question

After a couple of wakes-for-backups and plenty of long overnight sleep, v3.98.12 came-up just now so all is good with it.

Again, could my 4.2.0 installation have been broken owing to the version of TAP [it had automatically] installed?

Ever since they added Wireguard, ToGuard in Windows has been been buggy. It was fine before. Wish they wouldn't use customers as beta testers. I can sometimes get Wireguard to work, but it's much slower to connect, and sometimes fails. And the UI says Not Responding at the top while I await the connection, but then sometimes it makes the connection. And I can't get the original protocols to work anymore (OpenVPN and OpenConnect?). Says something about a bad driver with an option to repair, but the repair always fails. Plus there's more crap on my computer with the separate WG stuff. TorGuard, please take us back to pre WG!

It's not a Wireguard issue per say. TG client v4.1.3 works fine for me even with Wireguard v0.2.3. It's astonishing that TG isn't addressing this. I'm dumping them if they don't fix it by the next client release.

Read my other post here :

On 12/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, russlj said:

...TorGuard, please take us back to pre WG!

I've been running 3.98.12 since I posted here and it works reliably. Not sure if I found it online or in my own repository but look for and install it, AFTER you have removed all traces of TG stuff and install older version.

On 12/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, tomf said:

I've been running 3.98.12 since I posted here and it works reliably. Not sure if I found it online or in my own repository but look for and install it, AFTER you have removed all traces of TG stuff and install older version.

You seem to talk nonsense, first, there are enough users who have older binaries and could share it with you, but mostly nobody will as you should not run any outdated software. It seems you talk more to yourself, there is also one another user claiming similar nonsense, you both mind find a common ground in talking about torguard is bad because your OS seems to be incorrectly configured or broken.

As last, nobody forces you at all to use torguard client, you can use wireguard client, openvpn client, openconnect client as well as anyconnect clients as well as any other one. However, with such attitude, I doubt there will be many here who would wish to try out to help you.