TorGuard

TorGuard iOS App 1.6.1

Support

Support

Release torguard-ios-v1.6.1, 2020-11-18
====================================

- Ad Block DNS Support (also blocks malware, tracking and much more)
- Minor bug fixes and improvements

Downloads

• Like 1

Is there a reason why you implemented Ad Block DNS but still no custom DNS support on iOS? ūüėē¬†Would be great to see this option on iOS.

Support
3 hours ago, John19 said:

Is there a reason why you implemented Ad Block DNS but still no custom DNS support on iOS? ūüėē¬†Would be great to see this option on iOS.

This is coming John - we just in the midst of working simultaneously on a few different features, this was one we had users asking frequently for so we wanted to get it out.

Regards

• Like 2
Just now, Support said:

This is coming John - we just in the midst of working simultaneously on a few different features, this was one we had users asking frequently for so we wanted to get it out.

Regards

Yes, DNS Ad blocking was needed, I'm so happy its released.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Support said:

Regards

Okay awesome, thanks! The new AdBlock DNS on iOS works great btw :) 

• Like 1
birin1781
Since that update came out, I have run out of internet being connected to the VPN, I gave myself the task of investigating what was happening since the support staff only asked silly questions and they did not solve anything.

Until I deactivate the option that I just got to iOS, to block ad; and voila, the internet connection has not voted for me again.

I report them to you for review.

NOTE: My wife who has installed the VPN the previous version where she does not have that ad blocking option, she does not have that problem at all.
Support
5 hours ago, birin1781 said:
Since that update came out, I have run out of internet being connected to the VPN, I gave myself the task of investigating what was happening since the support staff only asked silly questions and they did not solve anything.

Until I deactivate the option that I just got to iOS, to block ad; and voila, the internet connection has not voted for me again.

I report them to you for review.

NOTE: My wife who has installed the VPN the previous version where she does not have that ad blocking option, she does not have that problem at all.

Hey there, do you mean that when you use ad block dns, you lose connectivity?

Regards

Nick1502

I also loose connection on certain app when Ad Block DNS is enabled with wireguard, for example if I have it on and go to Mile IQ app it won't load routes, but if I turn Ad Block off and go to the app it loads

birin1781
21 hours ago, Support said:

Hey there, do you mean that when you use ad block dns, you lose connectivity?

Regards

That's right, if I activate the ad blocking the connection will vote for me.

Again he clarified this, they could not ask or inquire the same support staff.  I am already evaluating another VPN because the technical support ones seem very mediocre.

Support
14 hours ago, birin1781 said:

That's right, if I activate the ad blocking the connection will vote for me.

Again he clarified this, they could not ask or inquire the same support staff.  I am already evaluating another VPN because the technical support ones seem very mediocre.

Hi Brin - does enabling Ad Block DNS on any location or IP result in you losing connectivity?

Regards

birin1781
El 20/11/2020 a las 4:59 p.m., Soporte dijo:

Hola, ¬Ņquieres decir que cuando usas ad block dns, pierdes conectividad?

Saludos

Yes it is.

I’ve noticed on this version if I connect with WireGuard it would randomly have no internet until I disconnect or reconnect.  I have no issue with openvpn. What steps should I diag the issue?

birin1781
2 hours ago, Crazy said:

Me he dado cuenta de que en esta versi√≥n si me conecto con WireGuard, al azar no tendr√≠a Internet hasta que me desconecte o vuelva a conectar. No tengo ning√ļn problema con openvpn. ¬ŅQu√© pasos debo diagnosticar?

the same thing happened to me at first, but then I realized that it was ad blocking.  disable it and it won't happen to you anymore.  THIS IS SOMETHING FOR THE TECHNICAL TEAM TO DIAGNOSE BUT THEY DIDN'T DO IT.  AND IT IS ALSO SOMETHING THAT MUST BE SOLVED BECAUSE IT SHOULD NOT BE NORMAL THAT BY ACTIVATING THE AD BLOCKING WE DO NOT HAVE INTERNET.

On 11/28/2020 at 3:44 PM, birin1781 said:

the same thing happened to me at first, but then I realized that it was ad blocking.  disable it and it won't happen to you anymore.  THIS IS SOMETHING FOR THE TECHNICAL TEAM TO DIAGNOSE BUT THEY DIDN'T DO IT.  AND IT IS ALSO SOMETHING THAT MUST BE SOLVED BECAUSE IT SHOULD NOT BE NORMAL THAT BY ACTIVATING THE AD BLOCKING WE DO NOT HAVE INTERNET.

This doesn't happen for everyone, in fact very few have reported this thus far - we are however looking into it.

Regards