TorGuard

Qbittorrent proxy problems

Rate this question

Royalight

Question

Royalight

Hi, I am new to torguard and proxy for torrent as a whole. I followed the instructions on https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=241 with the settings as described and got no connection at all.

I switched to uTP and got the connection back. I am wondering if this will affect the proxy or even my speed. 
In addition, is there any settings I can tweak to increase the speed of my torrents?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

image.png.75054a498b68ec36728e300fcb8859cf.png

image.png.6ca8f1d2686138fbde14adef70c99aab.png

3 answers to this question

Ace2477
On 11/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, Royalight said:

Hi, I am new to torguard and proxy for torrent as a whole. I followed the instructions on https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=241 with the settings as described and got no connection at all.

I switched to uTP and got the connection back. I am wondering if this will affect the proxy or even my speed. 
In addition, is there any settings I can tweak to increase the speed of my torrents?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

image.png.75054a498b68ec36728e300fcb8859cf.png

image.png.6ca8f1d2686138fbde14adef70c99aab.png

Have you figured this out yet if so can you tell me what you fixed so o can fix my proxy speeds please 

Not sure this is same issue, on Ubuntu at least, qBittorrent does not work at all if network interface is not set to TorGuards VPN (or any VPN interface), under extended settings you can choose network interface, per default my LAN is choosen (enp7s0) and no matter if I set proxy/socks5/disabled qBittorrent does not work, to get it work, set it to the network interface of your VPN, in my case it is wireguard interface created by TorGuard client on my test pc, which is torguard-wg.

qBittorent in version 4 does not work at all for me if I use direct connection, it works only via VPN and this issue seems to be well known. However, no need to use v3 or switch to another client if you use VPN (in my case wireguard).

Using VPN, all torguard's socks and http servers work. Hope it helps some to resolve issues with qBittorrent and TorGuard.

Tested on Ubuntu 20.04 (Linux dev 5.4.0-54-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 10:37:59 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

Try putting one of the Socks5 IPs from the list, instead of the "proxy.torguard.org". That worked for me for now, although they still need to fix it.