TorGuard

Unable to set up on Raspberry Pi

Rate this question

TroopersSon

Question

TroopersSon

Hi,

I apologise in advance if this question has a stupidly easy answer - I am relatively new to using a Pi and a lot of it goes over my head.

I am trying to set up a VPN using the instructions provided. The problem is when I get to step 8. I am copying and pasting the step into the command bar, and receiving the following error message:

"mv: cannot move 'TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.ovpn' to 'TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.conf': Permission denied"

I figure this means I have done something wrong in the set up if it's not allowing me to complete this step. I have gone back and re-attempted the previous instructions and the same thing is happening again.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong and how I can complete the set up?

Many thanks.

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TroopersSon said:

he problem is when I get to step 8. I am copying and pasting the step into the command bar, and receiving the following error message:

"mv: cannot move 'TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.ovpn' to 'TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.conf': Permission denied"

Hello, It is one of basic commands, use sudo.

# use sudo
sudo mv ./TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.ovpn ./TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.con

# or run first sudo -s to become superuser (root) then the command below would work
mv ./TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.ovpn ./TorGuard.Canada.Toronto.conf

Probably openvpn will be quite slow, you might want to try this guide for wireguard, another user recently used it and shared also his experience.

TroopersSon

I will try the wireguard guide as I don't seem to be having much luck with the openvpn. Thank you for explaining the commands to me as well, I understand it more than I did before hand. Much appreciated.