TorGuard

TorGuard UI for Raspberry

Rate this topic

Support

8 hours ago, Paking00 said:

The UI is too long for my 7" lcd screen. I can't access the bottom of the UI to press the save buttons to save any changes. I can't uncheck the wireguard option. The resolution of the 7" lcd touch screen is 1024x600. Is it a problem with the dpi?

Yes, your resolution is not big enough for torguard client, you can use vnc and use higher resolution to set it up, then you can connect/disconnect on boot automatically. You also can navigate without to see anything, but that is not nice solution, probably vnc or second monitor is better solution. There is also another alternative GUI too, but I never tried it and have no clue if its dimensions would be different. Few years ago somebody brought this as issue and if resolution can be lowered. I do control all my SoC via VNC, additionally I have hdmi dummies connected so that hardware accelaration is enabled.

Hope it helps.

10 hours ago, Paking00 said:

The UI is too long for my 7" lcd screen. I can't access the bottom of the UI to press the save buttons to save any changes. I can't uncheck the wireguard option. The resolution of the 7" lcd touch screen is 1024x600. Is it a problem with the dpi?

We have a new build coming just shortly with an option to enable the QML GUI - you could try and see if this helps, it should post today.

Regards

7 hours ago, Support said:

We have a new build coming just shortly with an option to enable the QML GUI - you could try and see if this helps, it should post today.

Regards

I may try to rotate my screen to portrait mode.

Just so it's out there:

If you're like me then you're not satisfied using Raspberry 32 bit OS on your 64 bit RPi4, so you've probably installed one of the many 64 bit OS Linux distributions out there.

Out of the 3 64 bit OS' I've tried, Ubuntu Mate 20.10 is shaping up to be the best - responsive, low systems overhead, pretty . . .

I must say I do like the Torguard UI and its features, so I was really pleased to come across this beta version which I gave a workout on Raspberry 32 bit OS.

However, given my OS of choice, I decided to submit a ticket requesting for an arm64 build of Ubuntu 64. The response is very encouraging:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.cfca65b24da767861e5e4e8d909e1d23.jpg

Can't wait . . . 

5 minutes ago, jdaosk said:

Just so it's out there:

If you're like me then you're not satisfied using Raspberry 32 bit OS on your 64 bit RPi4, so you've probably installed one of the many 64 bit OS Linux distributions out there.

Out of the 3 64 bit OS' I've tried, Ubuntu Mate 20.10 is shaping up to be the best - responsive, low systems overhead, pretty . . .

I must say I do like the Torguard UI and its features, so I was really pleased to come across this beta version which I gave a workout on Raspberry 32 bit OS.

However, given my OS of choice, I decided to submit a ticket requesting for an arm64 build of Ubuntu 64. The response is very encouraging:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.cfca65b24da767861e5e4e8d909e1d23.jpg

Can't wait . . . 

To encourage you even more :), expect to have snap builds as soon as it is available which will let you actually keep your torguard client be up to date or switch to any available version. Having snap builds, one can be sure that there will be debian packages in repo (hope torguards own repo).

I am not saying this out of blue as this proposal came some time ago to torguard and they were very happy about it, it is/was delayed mainly by release of wireguard and getting everything around it which is a priority.

aarch64 version can be compiled and released immediately would be my guess, just be patient in giving the team some breath to take before attempt for next goal as they are really doing great job here, I really did not say it for almost nobody, but torguard team is very decent and has skillful people working here, despite being US based, it does matter to me more what and how they do it, as their actions have built my trust to them over years :), I hope you will make same experience as I did. As I already write such nice things about torguard, there is no company in this world which offered me better and quicker support than TorGuard, I believe it might be subjective way of seeing it, but thats how I see it at least and have no problems to share and back my claims.

@Support thanks for the info and please correct me on anything what I stated above if it requires correction.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:59 PM, Paking00 said:

I may try to rotate my screen to portrait mode.

Yes. Configuring the screen to portrait mode in raspberry pi os under screen configuration allows me to see all of the ui.