TorGuard

wireguard app

Rate this question

James8078

Question

James8078

hi,

since some weeks, I have problems to connect to the wireguard app on my windows, not the one from torguard but the one from wireguard site.
everything seems ok, Im connected but no internet, I see that I'M connected to wireguard, the wifi is still on but i cant open any websites.

idea?

thanks

1 answer to this question

14 hours ago, James8078 said:

hi,

since some weeks, I have problems to connect to the wireguard app on my windows, not the one from torguard but the one from wireguard site.
everything seems ok, Im connected but no internet, I see that I'M connected to wireguard, the wifi is still on but i cant open any websites.

idea?

thanks

yes, wireguard disabled usage of any other keys than those whitelabeled and actually keys do not expire, but their configs do after 15 minutes, one needs to keep it valid like TG client does, but that logic is nowhere else available like in your wireguard app.

If torguard reenabled usage of user created keys and not whitelabeled, then those probably would still work as they do not expirience this bug as they did before.

EDIT: here I suggest to use a script which simply extends by each run validity for 15 mintes. This does not need to run at all from your device, it could be any pc, in any network having internet connection. For a phone, you can use staticly defined IP, then run on lets say your router endless look where you simply extend every 15 minutes, that would mean that your phone does not need to do anything, just stay connected and if you reconnect, all data would still be the same and valid.