TorGuard

Not working when switching from WiFi to cell service

Rate this question

Lobo

Question

Is anyone else experiencing the problem where your phone is connected to your home WiFi and you have TorGuard running but you leave your home and your phone switches to cellular for data (LTE) and you still have TorGuard working but now websites won't load, apps won't load becaue they can't connect to the internet. I have to turn off TorGuard and then back on, then everything works fine.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Maybe there's some settings I need to configure? But if this is the case all the time it's not worth paying for to do this every time and be exposed in between turning it off and on.

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Crazy do you mind sharing what you're settings are for TorGuard on your phone? Maybe that's the issue with me. I have them set to default. Whatever it is when you install it, haven't changed anything.

Auto-connect: always

connection type: openVPN , tcp, 1912 (sha256)

Hope this work for you.  Have you tried other VPN locations?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cytane89 said:

Same happens to me.

Ok cool glad it's not just me. 

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and on T-Moblie, if this helps anyone reading this thread.

50 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I’m on iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.1 and I don’t have this issue.  

Crazy do you mind sharing what you're settings are for TorGuard on your phone? Maybe that's the issue with me. I have them set to default. Whatever it is when you install it, haven't changed anything.

I have everything the same except for Port/Auth it was 443(SHA1). I think I have but I'll check next time I leave the house now that I changed one of the settings. Thanks!