TorGuard

How to setup raspberry pi between modem and wifi router?

Rate this question

Keymaster4225

Question

Keymaster4225

I have a RPi4 with the community build of OpenWRT installed and working with wireguard connected to my dedicated torguard IP. What I'd like to do is put the Pi in between my LTE modem and my wifi router (gl.inet ar7500s). How do I need to setup the IP addresses on the pi and the wifi router?

3 answers to this question

hello, you simply need to setup your dhcp server to send your rpi's IP address as gateway to clients.

If you use dhcp on your rpi, then click on edit you lan interface, navigate to tab dhcp server and click on advanced settings, lets say your rpi's IP is 192.168.1.10, then add dhcp options, 3 is for gateway, 6 is for dns, here you can find more if you need.

grafik.png

in the screenshot above, if your rpi is DNS server too, then you can add simply 6,192.168.1.10 too.

I set it to forced as I am not sure your another dhcp server is switched off, you should have only 1 dhcp server in your network.

That would be it. Before you set it all up, set your IP to static and set your rpi's address as gateway then you immediately see if it works. If everything is ok, you can setup your dhcp.

hope it helps

37 minutes ago, Keymaster4225 said:

Thanks man, that helps a ton. Appreciate the help

you are welcome, glad it helped