Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 1

TorGuard Client v4.2.0

Rate this question


Support

Question

Support

Release torguard-v4.2.0, 2020-10-12
===================================

- Windows: Updating IP Route API.

- Minor bug fixes on both Mac OS and Linux

Download

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
19807409

I did not test previous versions of v4.x on windows, I started v4.2.0 and see some strange behavious, I did not enable debug or reset it, but I experienced same issue now for 2 times which I can reproduce, all appearance settings are enabled:

grafik.png grafik.png

  1. Launch TG client or client is running
  2. Connect or disconnect (TgClient gui closes to tray and is frozen for short period of time)
  3. Double click on tray or to show during frozen, one window will open and then second one
  4. I could reproducre 4-5 times
    grafik.png
     

then I enabled debugging and had to restart the client. I could expierence the same and reproduce the same, but this time both windows close to tray. I will send a debug logfile of second start where still both did appear, here a screenshot of both when connecting (previous one was when disconnecting). It appears to me that it happens only if one opens tg from tray when gui is frozen, pc where it was tested is very weak celeron cpu with 4gb ram and on every connect/reconnect gui hangs for few seconds where by opening from tray current issue can be reproduced.

grafik.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
2 minutes ago, DRAGON519 said:

@19807409 Do you work for TorGuard?

As stated multiple times, no, I am in no way involved with TorGuard or any other company offering VPN services or testing those. You will also not find a single affiliates link in my guides or on github. Why do you ask?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
DRAGON519
50 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

As stated multiple times, no, I am in no way involved with TorGuard or any other company offering VPN services or testing those. You will also not find a single affiliates link in my guides or on github. Why do you ask?

Oh ok I was just curious because I always see you answering comments

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
2 minutes ago, DRAGON519 said:

Oh ok I was just curious because I always see you answering comments

I cant follow your logic, according to how I understand it as, people should be curious when somebody post a question?

Why do you post a question if you are curious about somebody replying to it? Or are you curious about people using some of their free time to just help if they can? According to my logic, if you would believe it, then you also would not post questions. I also would assume to according to your as well as my logic, private/direct chat with support can be done over support system and email.

8 minutes ago, DRAGON519 said:

I always see you answering comments

There are plenty threads where I did not comment, seems that you are interested and curious about topics where I either have interests or can help. Does it disturb you if people reply in public forums? Or that some other do not reply? I somehow fail to understand why this should be my fault if I reply,. or that anybody else do not, beside the fact that if you need straight answer about your services and how to use them, it is always the official support which will be able to help with everything about their product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
DRAGON519
6 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

I cant follow your logic, according to how I understand it as, people should be curious when somebody post a question?

Why do you post a question if you are curious about somebody replying to it? Or are you curious about people using some of their free time to just help if they can? According to my logic, if you would believe it, then you also would not post questions. I also would assume to according to your as well as my logic, private/direct chat with support can be done over support system and email.

There are plenty threads where I did not comment, seems that you are interested and curious about topics where I either have interests or can help. Does it disturb you if people reply in public forums? Or that some other do not reply? I somehow fail to understand why this should be my fault if I reply,. or that anybody else do not, beside the fact that if you need straight answer about your services and how to use them, it is always the official support which will be able to help with everything about their product.

 it's just when people reply on forums and they don't work for the company it's difficult to know whether you can trust the information given to you no disrespect

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
2 minutes ago, DRAGON519 said:

it's just when people reply on forums and they don't work for the company it's difficult to know whether you can trust the information given to you no disrespect

agree on that, but also, you should never trust anybody in points which you can know/find out without a need to trust anybody else than yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
DRAGON519
5 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

agree on that, but also, you should never trust anybody in points which you can know/find out without a need to trust anybody else than yourself.

Very true

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
satirev

Hi everybody,

I noticed an issue on my asus laptop. After several working hours, torguard client 4.2.0. both tray icon hides while app's still working on background. So I must open win task manager and stop wireguard and launching the client from desktop again.

Anyone could help? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
19 hours ago, DRAGON519 said:

@19807409 Do you work for TorGuard?

 

7 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

@19807409 Do you work for TorGuard?

 

@Brainbleach blind or incapable to read (no offense), no question mark.

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
James8078

since 3 days I cant connect to vpn with windows app 4.2, I try wireguard and open vpn, many locations. nop...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
1 hour ago, James8078 said:

since 3 days I cant connect to vpn with windows app 4.2, I try wireguard and open vpn, many locations. nop...

 

Hi James I would recommend you contact our support desk for help https://torguard.net/submitticket.php and they will get you sorted out.

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Brainbleach
21 hours ago, 19807409 said:

 

 

@Brainbleach blind or incapable to read (no offense), no question mark.

giphy.gif

 

 

So does that mean you don't work for torguard then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
8 minutes ago, Brainbleach said:

 

 

So does that mean you don't work for torguard then?

 

He doesn’t wok for TorGuard no, I can confirm that.

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
9 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

 

 

So does that mean you don't work for torguard then?

Not replying to a question means mostly acceptance => yes, which seems to be your reply on my only question and it indeed explains why reading does not help you.

If I would be employee of torguard, there wouldn't be self loving trolls reregistering accounts to waste their time on attempts to waste somebody else's time, obvious trolling, offtopic posting is already enough reasons to get rid of one and if it is a customer, then probably subscription should be canceled too due to abuse of companies ressources. Beside that all, bots are normally stupid and bad because they can not really read replies which one writes, it is kinda tragedy to see a human wasting it's time in attempts to become a bot :)

giphy.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
On 10/27/2020 at 5:51 AM, 19807409 said:

I did not test previous versions of v4.x on windows, I started v4.2.0 and see some strange behavious, I did not enable debug or reset it, but I experienced same issue now for 2 times which I can reproduce, all appearance settings are enabled:

grafik.png grafik.png

  1. Launch TG client or client is running
  2. Connect or disconnect (TgClient gui closes to tray and is frozen for short period of time)
  3. Double click on tray or to show during frozen, one window will open and then second one
  4. I could reproducre 4-5 times
    grafik.png
     

then I enabled debugging and had to restart the client. I could expierence the same and reproduce the same, but this time both windows close to tray. I will send a debug logfile of second start where still both did appear, here a screenshot of both when connecting (previous one was when disconnecting). It appears to me that it happens only if one opens tg from tray when gui is frozen, pc where it was tested is very weak celeron cpu with 4gb ram and on every connect/reconnect gui hangs for few seconds where by opening from tray current issue can be reproduced.

grafik.png

 

Could you reproduce while debugging is enabled and send some logs of this if you don't mind, if you could send them to [email protected] we would look into it right away - thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
On 11/10/2020 at 3:35 PM, Support said:

Could you reproduce while debugging is enabled and send some logs of this if you don't mind, if you could send them to [email protected] we would look into it right away - thanks

Hello, yes, I could reproduce it and have logs which I created when I reported, I will send those. Additionally I experienced quite the same bug over VNC, where QT window kept openning in an endless loop on debian sid, server required restart. Will send the logs later today when I get back home. I might create also additional fresh logs if it is still reproducable

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Support
39 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Hello, yes, I could reproduce it and have logs which I created when I reported, I will send those. Additionally I experienced quite the same bug over VNC, where QT window kept openning in an endless loop on debian sid, server required restart. Will send the logs later today when I get back home. I might create also additional fresh logs if it is still reproducable

Thank you 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...