TorGuard

Wifi looks disconnected while using VPN

Rate this question

hidalgo

Question

hidalgo

Hey, 

This is my first VPN and I don;t really know if this is a normal behavior (I'm assuming not as I haven't found anything about it).

Just installed the client, left everything on default and connected (enabled to firewall). My WiFi says I'm not connected to a network, but I am. And with pretty decent speed too considering I'm using VPN. Is it possible to make it to see me as connected while using VPN? I know it's not that big of an issue for me if I'm still connected just fine, but I would like to know what is causing it and how to make it normal as it's kind of annoying. 

cheers 

1 answer to this question

Support
On 10/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, hidalgo said:

Hey, 

This is my first VPN and I don;t really know if this is a normal behavior (I'm assuming not as I haven't found anything about it).

Just installed the client, left everything on default and connected (enabled to firewall). My WiFi says I'm not connected to a network, but I am. And with pretty decent speed too considering I'm using VPN. Is it possible to make it to see me as connected while using VPN? I know it's not that big of an issue for me if I'm still connected just fine, but I would like to know what is causing it and how to make it normal as it's kind of annoying. 

cheers 

Hey here,

Do you happen to have Internet access through both Ethernet and Wifi?

If you go to more settings --> network tab --> Uncheck "disable interface default route" and retest - we do recommend you keep those enabled if using torrents.

Regards