TorGuard

wireguard conf files EXPIRE!

Rate this topic

uNc

12 hours ago, 19807409 said:

It seems you are frustrated which causes anger, due to your anger and frustration you reply indeed gets personal, but ok, I will reply to you in same manner.

1. old, outdated, irrelevant, random github nonsense is all written by me, it is not my problem that you either fail on capabilities to read it or to understand it.

2. you are very disrespectfull, I honestly do not care if you are capable of communicating in a manner which will not let your frustration grow by turning out as illiterate or somebody who simply claims false things where discussion is ended.

3. You require help, you require documentation, you require software, but then you call everything and everybody stupid. Normally, if everybody around you is crazy, then it should be a matter of logic to ask your self if it is due to you or due to them.

With all due respect, you failed to read it at all, therefore your comment about it is trolling which I also understand and take that way. I honestly do not care if you as some normal joe user which does not want to read asks to write documentation specifically for you, guess what, online are enough idiot proof guides of how to setup wireguard on all operating systems, which you seem also be incapable of finding or reading. Beside all of that, you ignore existance of wireguards's official documentation, but then you claim at the same time that you want to use original client, later in next reply you claim you do not want to read at all to find out how to set it up, I am sorry, it is your and only your fault, TorGuard has no obligation to provide you with that information, you paid for the service, even not for the software which you want or do not want to use (seems to be dependant on weather for you).

Then write it by yourself and stop degenerating work of others, in current case about my, if you dislike, dont read it and if you know better, then write by yourself own. I must mention that your lazyness did not let you find out that not only step by step guide is written, but also scripts doing it all for such a lazy users like you who are incapable of simply following a guide or running a script and they you claim you want step by step guide :D

Thinking is not knowing, not that I am interested now in what you know, as obviosly you failed to get available information and started to rumble about my simple contribution on this forum. Better write things which you know when you ask other people to do something for you just because you cant or fail on competences.

This is next false claim, you should have written again that you think it to be reminded thinking is not knowing, but I told you this before. There is not much left to comment on your imagination.

And I believed you might really require help and would be ready to help you out, after your comments, I will wait for your guides and how to's ;)

@Supportis it known to you if this user ever wrote to support in asking those few questions he has? I ask myself if this user knows about knowledge base or was this user to lazy to read at all product description and the rest which describes very well quite everything which he asked, including existing guides.

I'm not being disrespectful, you are just being deliberately obtuse. If I was setting up an openWRT router to use Torguard then perhaps your Github might be useful. I'm not. So it's not particularly useful for me and most of TG's customers.

I haven't called anyone stupid, crazy, or trolled. Just pointed out as fact that your github is of no particular use to me and the reasons why. Your failure to understand this is your problem not mine. 

I pay for the Torguard service, so in fact Torguard is a commercial VPN service that IS under an obligation to provide official documentation. I am not obligated to write TG's documentation for them, nor would I, 3rd party guides are the sort of thing that leads to vulnerabilities due to people who think they're clever only having half the facts.

I understand how to setup the Wireguard client on a Windows PC, I know how to create a .conf file. There is nothing in the official Wireguard documentation about calling undocumented API's and no functionality in the Wireguard client to support calling API's every 15 minutes when it's disconnected.

Also I am 100% correct in the fact there is no official TG documentation around how TG have configured Wiregaurd or the API to refresh the config. If there is then provide the link.

I'm assuming you are not a TG employee, so not even sure why you keep responding with ever more random, irrelevant and pointless posts. I apologise if you think this is rude. It's not, just accurate. If I was TG I'd be pretty pissed off with you alienating good customers.

I'm not angry, just frustrated. It's super simple for TG to spend a day putting together some decent documentation. That's what I'm paying for as a customer, and my expectation.

Again, there should be zero dependency on a Wireguard client to constantly ping an API to refresh the config. There is NO functionality for this in the official Wireguard client. If RAM logging in the Wireguard server s/w is an issue then this should be fixed in the Wireguard server s/w, not hacked around by a VPN service provider. It's a very poor architecture and probably a backdoor to DOS attacks etc

Unless you have something positive to add, I'd suggest you pipe down a bit, you're not helping.

Otherwise have a very nice day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I'm not being disrespectful, you are just being deliberately obtuse. If I was setting up an openWRT router to use Torguard then perhaps your Github might be useful. I'm not. So it's not particularly useful for me and most of TG's customers.

You were and you still are and you probably will continue.

6 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I haven't called anyone stupid, crazy, or trolled. Just pointed out as fact that your github is of no particular use to me and the reasons why. Your failure to understand this is your problem not mine. 

You did, reread what you wrote. The problem here is that you even believe what you write, like I said previously, the deeper you get into discussion the more frustrated you will be as you live by imagination instead of reality, and calling on my failure because you can not understand what for you pay money and what it includes, indead, by such a logic you probably are 100% right and world is probably flat too.

8 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I pay for the Torguard service, so in fact Torguard is a commercial VPN service that IS under an obligation to provide official documentation. I am not obligated to write TG's documentation for them, nor would I, 3rd party guides are the sort of thing that leads to vulnerabilities due to people who think they're clever only having half the facts.

I really do not care what you imagine what you pay for, you accept their terms and conditions which have everything required stated, I also do not need anybody to explain me expectations like if were contracted feature, it is not. Nobody ever prommised you to anything of which you believe should be given, that is simply your impression, a wrong one as addition, you can try to blame me for your faults, it does not change the facts.

You were incapable to contact Support which is the only place where you should ask for support and you did not do it as it seems as quite everything which you wrote is nonsense and wrong.

10 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

Also I am 100% correct in the fact there is no official TG documentation around how TG have configured Wiregaurd or the API to refresh the config. If there is then provide the link

You are 100% wrong that there is no official TG documentation, but this is again something that you should ask support which you never did. You seem to have had idea to claim how bad and stupid torguard, now you get discussion about it.

Beside all of that, you were as every other user very well informed about everything regarding wireguard, pretending now you were not and pretending that what other users contributed on testing and getting info about is bullshit as you want something provided which TorGuard NEVER PROMISSED NOR DELIVERED TO YOU AND YOU NEVER PAID FOR THAT. YOU CAN USE THEIR CLIENT WITH WIREGUARD! 

I will not provide anything to such unthankfull person, you are capable of looking by yourself and asking support by yourself as you anyway are very disrecpetfull to those who did it and shared this information here.

14 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I'm assuming you are not a TG employee, so not even sure why you keep responding with ever more random, irrelevant and pointless posts. I apologise if you think this is rude. It's not, just accurate. If I was TG I'd be pretty pissed off with you alienating good customers.

Who ever claimed I am employee and why the hell do you believe that only employee can reply to you on public forum?

Ok, I guess I have to talk to you like to a kid as you have same logic. If you want to talk to employee of TorGuard, why do you at all discuss here instead of writting to TorGuard support and bug them with you impressions and wishes? Ah, no, you did not want, you just think that you somehow can dismiss nonsense which you wrote by saying I am not TorGuard employee :), well, your agenda is transparent to me.

17 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I understand how to setup the Wireguard client on a Windows PC, I know how to create a .conf file. There is nothing in the official Wireguard documentation about calling undocumented API's and no functionality in the Wireguard client to support calling API's every 15 minutes when it's disconnected.

You understand bones probably, but registration/activation of a public key in a company infrastructure neither has anything to do with wireguard nor it will ever. And by that there would be second claim by you, you maybe opened the link but you probably have never read documentation as well as you deny to read what other TorGuard customers experienced as well as you deny at all to ask support but then you claim nonsense and talk rubbish.

19 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I'm not angry, just frustrated. It's super simple for TG to spend a day putting together some decent documentation. That's what I'm paying for as a customer, and my expectation.

It is indeed super simple for TorGuard: You got TorGuard client, for everything else TorGuard can not guarantee or provide support in knowing that customer will be able to be satisfied. Therefore, ask again support and stop claiming nonsense here, I guess you blamed yourself already enough. Once again, what you pay for is in a bill, terms and conditions and other information which you received from TorGuard, this is again not TorGuard's problem if you take features out of blue as given which you paid for. Honestly, check what you pay for, what you think you are paying for I am not really interested in.

22 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

Again, there should be zero dependency on a Wireguard client to constantly ping an API to refresh the config. There is NO functionality for this in the official Wireguard client. If RAM logging in the Wireguard server s/w is an issue then this should be fixed in the Wireguard server s/w, not hacked around by a VPN service provider. It's a very poor architecture and probably a backdoor to DOS attacks etc

Once again you claim total nonsense and prove once again that you never read anything which support or me or anybody else were writting, on this point no additional documentation specially for you will help as you are one of those who simply do not want to read things but to press "I paid, deliver!" without even to know what you pay for, amazing times we live in, really!

Wireguard client never has and never does ping an API. I will not go deeper into this as it makes no sense to once again write that wireguard can not have and will never have a functionality to register somebodies public key in TorGuard's own system, but if you are eager to find it out, go to wireguard and ask wireguard devs how dare they not providing you this feature as you paid TorGuard for whatever?

What you claim as fully ininformed about probable backdoors and DOS attacks is once again out of touch. I am sorry, but you fail to find out what for you pay and if you believe there are backdoors and DOS attacks, then contact support, as if it happens, it is mostly due to user itself. With not knowing what and how to configure, you really should use TorGuard client as then you run into danger to missconfigure things and expose whatever you try to protect.

I find the architecture excellent and I at least can explain it compared to you. Once again, nobody forces you to use architecture which you falsely claim to be insecure or somehow not providing your expectations, if there is one VPN provider which does, then it should be quite easy for you to test it out and you would not be frustrated like you say you are :)

30 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

If I was TG I'd be pretty pissed off with you alienating good customers.

If I was TG, I would simply ignore user like you claiming false things on forums which they do as they do not have to reply to any of this nonsense written by you.

Now it seems replies from other users piss you off because they try to help, then you are such a great customer who is incapable of contacting support and which does not know what he pays for where you claim nonsense and indeed are alienating other users.

What again disturbs is your view that you are good customer and actually saying about yourself how good you are :) . I hope for TorGuard they have only good customers, "good" is very vague definition and it has value if somebody else says it about you, it degrades your position if you brag about yourself, just a tip which you probably will call bullshit and nonsense like most things you do.

32 minutes ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

Unless you have something positive to add, I'd suggest you pipe down a bit, you're not helping.

It is you who has nothing to add and cant contribute in positive way, you got reply which pointed to solutions of your problem and I really do not care about your psychological state or expectations, you could have replied a lot up to nothing, but you have choosen to beat the dead horse and continue on your agenda here in talking nonsense about TorGuard, you might be unlucky it was me as I do reply to such things.

Once again, uless you really have a question and you really are capable of communicating in nice way on a public forum, then you might get helped by forum users, but in any way, contact support and chill, being frustrated does not give you right to call everybody and everything bullshit, nonsense, stupid, ....

As last, if you have something to add, it even does not have to be positive but helpfull to somebody, then just do it instead of posing as clown.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 9:25 AM, Support said:

This is being implemented next week, the API to prevent expire is nearly done :)

Is it already implemented? Could you give us some information about how this is going to work: directly at the web config generator or via api?

Thanks.

• Like 1