TorGuard

wireguard conf files EXPIRE!

Rate this topic

uNc

On 1/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, BusyJ said:

what is the current status on expiring config files?

I have one config which seems to stay active, even after not connecting for hours.

All the others seem to not work after some timeout limit...

my contract is almost up, and id like to renew, but would like some clarity before I commit.

Every conf file I have downloaded thus far expires after one connection. Ridiculous!

40 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

Yup...

my contract is up next week.

im jumping ship and going with another provider

Which provider?

1 hour ago, uNc said:

Which provider?

Azirevpn. It seems the best option at the moment. (For me at least) they don’t have many servers... but they have manual config files, and full ipv6 support.

The only other provider I could find with manual config files was mullvad. They have more servers but are more expensive.

ive been with torguard around 3-4yrs now. And no issues at all. But lack of manual config files is a deal breaker. I just can’t go back to openvpn, after using wireguard.

6 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

But lack of manual config files is a deal breaker. I just can’t go back to openvpn, after using wireguard.

That is not truth, maybe you ref to something else, like expiration of 12 hours which would be told to you if you would have contacted support. The same goes for the API and how to go around that.

I use only wireguard and only custom configs on all devices be it a router, desktop pc or mobile phone. Your issue is only time limit which is raised to 12 hours where you easily can deal with it.

I already commented not so Long ago that it seemed like 1 wasn’t expiring, and asked for some Info on the current situation. No one replied. I didn’t know the limit was now 12hrs.

that’s still not super useful for me personally. I like to keep a few config files on my machine. And switch when I run into issues on one server. So even with a 12 hr limit, I need to regenerate config files

:(

3 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

already commented not so Long ago that it seemed like 1 wasn’t expiring, and asked for some Info on the current situation. No one replied. I didn’t know the limit was now 12hrs.

It was some time ago around 10 minutes. Most did not reply because they did not know and 12 hours comes again from another user who asked support, thats why I claimed that you should ask support.

It means, if your pc is for longer than 12 hours not connected, then you would get new config where actually only your IP changes and nothing else. To go around it, you can start an endless loop on any device which you which will simply keep it valid. No terminal is needed, those links can be saved even in your browser as urls which you open in your browser and extended by that.

6 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

I like to keep a few config files on my machine. And switch when I run into issues on one server. So even with a 12 hr limit, I need to regenerate config files

You can have 8 connections at the same time I guess, some have 12, depending on your product, meaning that you can keep that number as active and not changing.

If you change more than that, then use on that specific device torguard client.

The best is, you can have connection with 1 device and 1 config with 1 interface to all available connections too, by that, you can have them all running on that one machine.

A lot has been written and said, its still the same, most do not want to read and are not asking the support resulting in not knowing how things work. Once again, you should contact torguard support and ask for support.

Also, you can have multiple connections to the same server with different public keys, but you can not do the same for dedicated ip, where if you create a new config for your dedicated ip it would invalidate the old.