TorGuard

wireguard conf files EXPIRE!

Rate this topic

uNc

On 1/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, BusyJ said:

what is the current status on expiring config files?

I have one config which seems to stay active, even after not connecting for hours.

All the others seem to not work after some timeout limit...

my contract is almost up, and id like to renew, but would like some clarity before I commit.

Every conf file I have downloaded thus far expires after one connection. Ridiculous!

1 hour ago, uNc said:

Which provider?

Azirevpn. It seems the best option at the moment. (For me at least) they don’t have many servers... but they have manual config files, and full ipv6 support.

The only other provider I could find with manual config files was mullvad. They have more servers but are more expensive.

ive been with torguard around 3-4yrs now. And no issues at all. But lack of manual config files is a deal breaker. I just can’t go back to openvpn, after using wireguard.

6 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

But lack of manual config files is a deal breaker. I just can’t go back to openvpn, after using wireguard.

That is not truth, maybe you ref to something else, like expiration of 12 hours which would be told to you if you would have contacted support. The same goes for the API and how to go around that.

I use only wireguard and only custom configs on all devices be it a router, desktop pc or mobile phone. Your issue is only time limit which is raised to 12 hours where you easily can deal with it.

I already commented not so Long ago that it seemed like 1 wasn’t expiring, and asked for some Info on the current situation. No one replied. I didn’t know the limit was now 12hrs.

that’s still not super useful for me personally. I like to keep a few config files on my machine. And switch when I run into issues on one server. So even with a 12 hr limit, I need to regenerate config files

:(

3 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

already commented not so Long ago that it seemed like 1 wasn’t expiring, and asked for some Info on the current situation. No one replied. I didn’t know the limit was now 12hrs.

It was some time ago around 10 minutes. Most did not reply because they did not know and 12 hours comes again from another user who asked support, thats why I claimed that you should ask support.

It means, if your pc is for longer than 12 hours not connected, then you would get new config where actually only your IP changes and nothing else. To go around it, you can start an endless loop on any device which you which will simply keep it valid. No terminal is needed, those links can be saved even in your browser as urls which you open in your browser and extended by that.

6 minutes ago, BusyJ said:

I like to keep a few config files on my machine. And switch when I run into issues on one server. So even with a 12 hr limit, I need to regenerate config files

You can have 8 connections at the same time I guess, some have 12, depending on your product, meaning that you can keep that number as active and not changing.

If you change more than that, then use on that specific device torguard client.

The best is, you can have connection with 1 device and 1 config with 1 interface to all available connections too, by that, you can have them all running on that one machine.

A lot has been written and said, its still the same, most do not want to read and are not asking the support resulting in not knowing how things work. Once again, you should contact torguard support and ask for support.

Also, you can have multiple connections to the same server with different public keys, but you can not do the same for dedicated ip, where if you create a new config for your dedicated ip it would invalidate the old.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, MrFox said:

this is still an issue btw 

This is being implemented next week, the API to prevent expire is nearly done :)

2 hours ago, Support said:

This is being implemented next week, the API to prevent expire is nearly done :)

You've been spouting nonsense about this fuck-up since march! Fix it or shut up.

Sorry, I'm wrong, March should be changed to Oct 19 2020.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, kraken-monk said:

You've been spouting nonsense about this fuck-up since march! Fix it or shut up.

Sorry, I'm wrong, March should be changed to Oct 19 2020.

Excuse me, this was intended, It was no "fuck-up" - originally we designed it to work inside our apps only - we created the ability to create a config in the generator to use the servers on routers with the ability to create a cron to keep the config from expiring to appease users at the time...

Our new API is about to launch soon after we have distributed the api among all servers and tested it thoroughly - we knew then our infrastructure would change dramatically at this time and so we have waited until these changes have been made before distributing it so please refrain from cursing or we will simply terminate the account.

Regards

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, Support said:

Excuse me, this was intended, It was no "fuck-up" - originally we designed it to work inside our apps only - we created the ability to create a config in the generator to use the servers on routers with the ability to create a cron to keep the config from expiring to appease users at the time...

Our new API is about to launch soon after we have distributed the api among all servers and tested it thoroughly - we knew then our infrastructure would change dramatically at this time and so we have waited until these changes have been made before distributing it so please refrain from cursing or we will simply terminate the account.

Regards

I agree there is no need to be rude.

However there is a need for some decent up to date documentation, especially for Wireguard implementation.

It's a simple ask, not all of us want to use the Torguard app (that for Windows needs elevated rights and is not a service)

All I want to a simple straightforward guide to allow me to use the official Wireguard client with a Torguard .conf file and for the VPN to work every time I start my Windows or Linux PC.

I don't want to have to setup some cumbersome API call that pushes stuff into .conf files etc, I just want it to work. If Wireguard is insecure for logging or some other exploit then work with the Wireguard devs to fix the problem in the product. 

Thanks

On 6/25/2021 at 7:41 AM, BusyJ said:

Ive changed over to AzireVPN

Are you still using torguard? If not, why are you then promoting another vpn company on this forum?

On 6/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, kraken-monk said:

The woken generation speaks, nice words choice for communication :), TorGuard as well as readers here dislike such way of communication, but again, I agree with you, it is task of parents to teach their kids how to behave, I truly do not believe your wording would impress your parents.

3 hours ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I agree there is no need to be rude.

However there is a need for some decent up to date documentation, especially for Wireguard implementation.

It's a simple ask, not all of us want to use the Torguard app (that for Windows needs elevated rights and is not a service)

All I want to a simple straightforward guide to allow me to use the official Wireguard client with a Torguard .conf file and for the VPN to work every time I start my Windows or Linux PC.

I don't want to have to setup some cumbersome API call that pushes stuff into .conf files etc, I just want it to work. If Wireguard is insecure for logging or some other exploit then work with the Wireguard devs to fix the problem in the product. 

I wrote documentation about it and pointed to it in many threads, torguard replied on this forum also multiple times one and the same question, the issue here is that one either does not want to read or simply says I want something which I simply install (then it would be TG client).

As example this or this provides already a lot of info and ideas for workarounds about anything that you like, there was time where addresses expired every 10 minutes. Then you speak about not providing info, but on this git you can even see a user here sharing scripts for installation and usage to simplify it for other users.

I gladly could and would reply to your questions, I would still suggest to first get informed on wireguard about wireguard which offers quite decent and easy to understand documentation.

I use original wireguard client on all my devices and phones, including different architectures, router and SoC boards. I neither had an issue with expiration nor I have it now and few devices were connected for over 6 months before I rebooted them and not a single case of expiring happened, but even if, it would not be a problem.

As above we have some promotion for some other VPN providers, for me none of vpn providers can beat torguard, expectations and rainbow world differs always from reality, that is where most users get angry as we see above in some cases (not meaning you). 

1 hour ago, 19807409 said:

Are you still using torguard? If not, why are you then promoting another vpn company on this forum?

The woken generation speaks, nice words choice for communication :), TorGuard as well as readers here dislike such way of communication, but again, I agree with you, it is task of parents to teach their kids how to behave, I truly do not believe your wording would impress your parents.

I wrote documentation about it and pointed to it in many threads, torguard replied on this forum also multiple times one and the same question, the issue here is that one either does not want to read or simply says I want something which I simply install (then it would be TG client).

As example this or this provides already a lot of info and ideas for workarounds about anything that you like, there was time where addresses expired every 10 minutes. Then you speak about not providing info, but on this git you can even see a user here sharing scripts for installation and usage to simplify it for other users.

I gladly could and would reply to your questions, I would still suggest to first get informed on wireguard about wireguard which offers quite decent and easy to understand documentation.

I use original wireguard client on all my devices and phones, including different architectures, router and SoC boards. I neither had an issue with expiration nor I have it now and few devices were connected for over 6 months before I rebooted them and not a single case of expiring happened, but even if, it would not be a problem.

As above we have some promotion for some other VPN providers, for me none of vpn providers can beat torguard, expectations and rainbow world differs always from reality, that is where most users get angry as we see above in some cases (not meaning you). 

With all due respect you are just linking some random github site with scripts relating to setting up OpenWRT router with Torguard, and it looks from the scripts that they are calling undocumented Torguard API's to refresh configs.

This is not what I am asking for. I want a step by step guide ideally with screenshots for setting up Windows client and Linux client using the standard Wireguard client and Torguard .conf file where I have zero dependency to Torguard API's or a need to setup cron jobs or Windows Task Scheduler jobs. That shouldn't be necessary. If there is a weakness in the Wireguard protocol then that should be fixed in Wireguard, not some bizarre workaround that is both undocumented and certainly in Windows difficult to implement.

I really don't think clear, concise, accurate, tested and proven documentation in a basic VPN configuration is too much to ask. 

There's not even any official documentation on what Torguard Wireguard VPN servers timeout the config, how long the timeout is, or why its implemented. When I say "official" I don't mean random forum posts spread across several years most of which contradicts itself. Torguard should have an official wiki documentation site that is undated regularly and has all the detail for novices and experts.

I'm not angry about this, just massively frustrated. And its gets more frustrating when you just get pointed to old, out of date, irrelevant, random github nonsense that is completely missing the point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Torguard VPN User 1337 said:

I'm not angry about this, just massively frustrated. And its gets more frustrating when you just get pointed to old, out of date, irrelevant, random github nonsense that is completely missing the point.

It seems you are frustrated which causes anger, due to your anger and frustration you reply indeed gets personal, but ok, I will reply to you in same manner.

1. old, outdated, irrelevant, random github nonsense is all written by me, it is not my problem that you either fail on capabilities to read it or to understand it.

2. you are very disrespectfull, I honestly do not care if you are capable of communicating in a manner which will not let your frustration grow by turning out as illiterate or somebody who simply claims false things where discussion is ended.

3. You require help, you require documentation, you require software, but then you call everything and everybody stupid. Normally, if everybody around you is crazy, then it should be a matter of logic to ask your self if it is due to you or due to them.

With all due respect you are just linking some random github site with scripts relating to setting up OpenWRT router with Torguard, and it looks from the scripts that they are calling undocumented Torguard API's to refresh configs.

With all due respect, you failed to read it at all, therefore your comment about it is trolling which I also understand and take that way. I honestly do not care if you as some normal joe user which does not want to read asks to write documentation specifically for you, guess what, online are enough idiot proof guides of how to setup wireguard on all operating systems, which you seem also be incapable of finding or reading. Beside all of that, you ignore existance of wireguards's official documentation, but then you claim at the same time that you want to use original client, later in next reply you claim you do not want to read at all to find out how to set it up, I am sorry, it is your and only your fault, TorGuard has no obligation to provide you with that information, you paid for the service, even not for the software which you want or do not want to use (seems to be dependant on weather for you).

This is not what I am asking for. I want a step by step guide ideally with screenshots for setting up Windows client and Linux client

Then write it by yourself and stop degenerating work of others, in current case about my, if you dislike, dont read it and if you know better, then write by yourself own. I must mention that your lazyness did not let you find out that not only step by step guide is written, but also scripts doing it all for such a lazy users like you who are incapable of simply following a guide or running a script and they you claim you want step by step guide :D

I really don't think clear, concise, accurate, tested and proven documentation in a basic VPN configuration is too much to ask. 

Thinking is not knowing, not that I am interested now in what you know, as obviosly you failed to get available information and started to rumble about my simple contribution on this forum. Better write things which you know when you ask other people to do something for you just because you cant or fail on competences.

There's not even any official documentation on what Torguard Wireguard VPN servers timeout the config, how long the timeout is, or why its implemented. When I say "official" I don't mean random forum posts spread across several years most of which contradicts itself. Torguard should have an official wiki documentation site that is undated regularly and has all the detail for novices and experts.

This is next false claim, you should have written again that you think it to be reminded thinking is not knowing, but I told you this before. There is not much left to comment on your imagination.

And I believed you might really require help and would be ready to help you out, after your comments, I will wait for your guides and how to's ;)

@Supportis it known to you if this user ever wrote to support in asking those few questions he has? I ask myself if this user knows about knowledge base or was this user to lazy to read at all product description and the rest which describes very well quite everything which he asked, including existing guides.

@19807409 as a fairly technical user I spent a while looking through those docs and started to try to hack together my own script from that to work on macOS but it's not exactly plug and play for anyone not using openwrt (heck it's not plug and play even for that).

I should note that I'm also a frustrated customer who was told by support in february that the configs would stop expiring "very soon." I'm not complaining about your contribution, but rather the lack of explanation by TorGuard themselves. At the *very* least there should have been a message on the generate config page that specified that the configs automatically expire.

Lastly, you're right that TorGuard isn't "obligated" to provide me with documentation but that's basically the main point of purchasing a VPN (besides the network/computer resources). Otherwise, setting up a VPN on a very cheap cloud server is something most technical people can do. So TorGuard isn't "obligated" to provide simply documentation about how to use the different protocols they support but ease of use is the main value proposition and as a customer I've been disappointed in this regard. The time I've spent trying to get around this expiry limitation has been certainly longer than it takes to setup a preconfigured VPN on some public cloud server that provides an unexpiring wireguard config.

Hi,

I made a systemd service for my wireguard connection and every time it connects it uses the following url on the endpoint server to request a new WG configuration.

https://${username}:${password}@${server}:$port/api/v1/setup?public-key="$pubkeyUrlEnc"

I probably took this from a github repo some time ago mentioned above.

@Support are you going to remove this method whenever the new API launches or is this going to be the new api only with documentation this time?

Hello @GoobleChrome, I would agree with you fully if there wouldn't be few issues with such view, I will try to be as short and as clear as possible for ability to understand it correctly.

24 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

@19807409 as a fairly technical user I spent a while looking through those docs and started to try to hack together my own script from that to work on macOS but it's not exactly plug and play for anyone not using openwrt (heck it's not plug and play even for that).

Well, considered you read simply one part of it, which is how the API is constructed, you can save your own URL. It even does not have to be a script, it can be bookmark on your mobile phone which you simply open whenever it expires. The rest on openwrt description is simply one of many ways how one can achieve it. Previous user came up also with some nonsense about undocumented api usage, where same user missed to read that those scripts and logic are simply reproduction of what official TorGuard client does and it uses the api same way.

On your PC and phone you actually can pretty quickly update your internal IP which is the only which changes if your config like you say becomes invalidated.

But how about understanding at all why it is invalidated and that we technically should not call it config becomes invalid, it has only to do with internal IP assignment and reservation, and by that if one public key becomes invalidated, then it's assigned internal IP becomes free for other users to be used and in the meantime before you reconnect it could be assigned to some other public key, by that, your config actually stays the same except internal ip.

What exactly would be for you plug and play and what do you think TorGuard client is? Once again, openwrt documentation includes all the explanation and curl lines you can run on any linux terminal as well as in windows after you have downloaded curl, so far about curl, which is one of many ways to do it.

I also said those scripts are a scratch which I simply was testing in a folder which I pushed then to git, those things were added on the fly and of course I could create a binary for that, create compile, build and distribution service as well as creating own linux repositories with deb and rpm packages where I of course should not forget snap, mickey soft and apple stores. However, I am not company TorGuard and actually I am lucky that I did not waste time on creating a such binary and maybe GUI. if TorGuard needs it, trust me, they can develop and support it too.

Everything what I wrote was said many times over period of time and was sent per emails and explained by support in several threads.

35 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

I should note that I'm also a frustrated customer who was told by support in february that the configs would stop expiring "very soon." I'm not complaining about your contribution, but rather the lack of explanation by TorGuard themselves. At the *very* least there should have been a message on the generate config page that specified that the configs automatically expire.

Well, all my devices run since longer than feb on wireguard and I experience no issues, I am using original wireguard client. On my phone as example it was indeed easier to save url as bookmark in my browser for the case that my phone runs out of battery. As phone is always physically by me, it is also good place to save other urls for my other connections, as example server.

I would disagree with you about TorGuard, TorGuard was not the first but one of the first who offered wireguard where wireguard itself was not in stable state. There is not much for TorGuard to write about wireguard as all of it is available on wireguard documentation in quite well compressed format.

But I still dont get why at all do you then want to use wireguard and it's official GUI instead of wireguard and TorGuard GUI which is TorGuard client? Isnt TorGuard client exactly what you need and what and it works with everything that TorGuard prommised, like port forwarding, where on wireguards official you are on your own in setting it at all correctly which might include basic things like that your pc is also reachable over lan when connected. TorGuard is not obligated to explain you wireguard protocol for which wireguard offers and maintenances documenatation, TorGuard can go there, read it and paste it to you, which makes no sense as you can open link by yourself and read it, if something is not clear, you always can ask support which by my whole customership cant be judged any different than excellent.

Wireguard config generations page was maybe even inspired by my work, I dont know, but it was anyway planned. Expiration has to do with Wireguards implementation and all those restrictions are well known and listed, once again, TorGuard client uses own routines, where on each reconnect it creates new/random keypairs and activates it before connecting, it does exactly what you say you do not want to do, but this is the same like if you buy a car with petrol engine and then complain of company not explaining to you how you could drive with electric power instead of petrol.

45 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

Lastly, you're right that TorGuard isn't "obligated" to provide me with documentation but that's basically the main point of purchasing a VPN (besides the network/computer resources). Otherwise, setting up a VPN on a very cheap cloud server is something most technical people can do. So TorGuard isn't "obligated" to provide simply documentation about how to use the different protocols they support but ease of use is the main value proposition and as a customer I've been disappointed in this regard. The time I've spent trying to get around this expiry limitation has been certainly longer than it takes to setup a preconfigured VPN on some public cloud server that provides an unexpiring wireguard config.

Once again, TorGuard neither should nor can nor has ressources to provide documentation for wireguard protocol, there is not much more to say about it.

What TorGuard should do is to document it's own software which it clearly does and it does tell you that you can use wireguard, or can you show me anywhere here on TorGuard or any other provider providing technical documentation of protocols they do not develop nor they maintenance those projects?

Then you mention server, yes, I run many of them, paid online servers as well as private with fixed and changing IP's and I use a range of different IP's from torguard, from dedicated to shared. If you claim to have wasted so much time in waiting and then you expect few things which will in my opinion not come more than in a form of community contribution like I did, that information was not intended to be used the way I did. But TorGuard luckily supports it and it does not restrict its network to TorGuard Client only to enforce it with ads and some other things on a customer. However, TorGuard only guarantee and provide you support for TorGuard client, not for wireguard protocol and if you ask for solutions like official api which they already have, then they even shouldnt officialy provide support as they can not guarantee that user is capable in setting and using it properly. So far, TorGuard is excellent and indeed does provide you decent support, write to support, do not wait on forum for support to come and reply, they are very restricted in forum, forum is more meant for users to share their experiences.

52 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

The time I've spent trying to get around this expiry limitation has been certainly longer than it takes to setup a preconfigured VPN on some public cloud server that provides an unexpiring wireguard config.

You could have saved a lot time and have for long time working solution, you even said you wrote own scripts, what went wrong? As once again, devices which I used as gateways, rock pi4, I did not reboot them for over 6 months and did not restart wireguard in those 6 months and my provider never went offline for the time required to become invalidated.

For VPN usage on server, that is exactly where I am very satisfied with TorGuard and where quite every other VPN provider failed, but to write about it now would be offtopic.

55 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

and as a customer I've been disappointed in this regard

This is always unpleasant to hear, I do understand you as well as your way of thinking. You should not be disappointed, if you are, you always can cancel subscription and find something that does make you happy, you do not have to enforce yourself using TorGuard. However, for your frustration are solutions available and working, most simple for you would be using TorGuard client and as you mention server this is probably why you want to use wireguard as you probably do not have a gui on your server. I wrote quite everything what you need for that in my documentation, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope my views do not make you angry or more frustrated.

35 minutes ago, Zydus said:

Hi,

I made a systemd service for my wireguard connection and every time it connects it uses the following url on the endpoint server to request a new WG configuration.

https://${username}:${password}@${server}:$port/api/v1/setup?public-key="$pubkeyUrlEnc"

@Support are you going to remove this method whenever the new API launches or is this going to be the new api only with documentation this time?

Probably. I was also posting it here on forum after inspecting TorGuards debug file to find out how their client deals with expiration as back then nothing about expiration was known to me, this is how later everybody called it, back then it was at all about getting connected because one required some kind of a key which I neither saw on my account nor elswhere and during beta TorGuard offered few configs with assigned public keys which did not expire, those were disabled after wireguard was officialy launched and applied on their infrastructure. So, I found then out that TorGuard client actually calls the server url where it sends public key, so I simply created new keypair, tested it like in debug and that was it. From there on it is sufficient like you say to include it in systemd/init files.

As you all write about new api, I actually do not understand something or I missed something, but if one wants that configs never expire, then torguard has to assign internal ip's forever for every activated public key and this is simply straight forward not possible. @Supportwhat changes did I miss?

In general, even if they change somthing it could be only extending expiration period as if inactive, it has to expire. Knowing that it has to expire, its really worth running only activation script, especially if you speak about different servers, you can add cronjob on any third device, like your router at home which can simply call desired URL.

By that, everybody would still have same problem and servers, you normally neither change IP's of VPN regularly nor you keep it offline for days, this is why I actually did not have to extend any connection on any of my online servers, by that I do not take it seriously if people claim it is problem for them because they want to run it on server, doing so your config will never expire and if you run it for commercial purpose you will probably want to use in some way dedicated ip, be it shared ip port forwarding or anything else, in that case I believe you will not have to extend it because as far as I remember, dedicated IP's do not expire, explanation for that is probably quite simple, as port forwards are assigned to it.

@19807409

- The macOS TorGuard GUI has for years been extremely laggy on several different machines making it incredibly unpleasant to connect/disconnect and just a general pain

- They didn't need to doc the wireguard protocol just say "here it expires in 12 hours, if you want to get it through an API, here's the format" (as @Zydus showed)

- The previous user was right. It was undocumented API usage (or well a "private" API, either way it's the same). If you don't have public API docs, it's undocumented. My understanding is that your github is unofficial though even if that was official I still wouldn't call it a documented/public API. Plug and play would mean no expiring configs, but second that, an official support document on Torguard.net with the API spec and an example script for major platforms.

- I get only "officially" supporting their GUI clients (though I don't love it for my use case), but at least make *good* official clients if that's the case. Again, I have never been able to use the macOS client without constant lag on start/clicking on the menubar/etc on 3 (possibly 4) different machines.

- I forget exactly when I spent a bit working on it but I remember looking at that github and reading the script, eventually giving up and inspecting the network requests made in browser when generating, then was trying to get it to automatically override my prev wireguard config at which point I had better things to do

- My use case for VPNs means I need to connect/disconnect often. I use a laptop a bunch (so no persistent connection), and even my desktop I need to disconnect for specific IP blocks, network resources when I don't wanna mess with split tunnel, etc.

- I paid for a year and can't cancel except by not renewing

7 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

- The macOS TorGuard GUI has for years been extremely laggy on several different machines making it incredibly unpleasant to connect/disconnect and just a general pain

I really do not like Windows and MacOS, I tested on all of them torguard which worked. I can not speak about MacOS experience, but you never said if you were in talk with support about your issue or just here on forum?

9 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

- They didn't need to doc the wireguard protocol just say "here it expires in 12 hours, if you want to get it through an API, here's the format" (as @Zydus showed)

- Well, they said many times it expires, it started with 10 minutes, it was reduced, raised and told and discussed here, they said it in emails and it is publicly on github available, for confirmation about it you can ask TorGuard.

- It does not impact TorGuard client at all which is the only that they have to make sure is working as it is their product but you still pay for everything else just not the GUI

- @Zydus did not show it, but as he said he copied it where he even mentioned that he probably copied it from the git you claim is not official or is not providing like you say API description. This is now another confirmation that you are wrong with the claim about no available information, it is and was available.

14 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

- The previous user was right. It was undocumented API usage (or well a "private" API, either way it's the same). If you don't have public API docs, it's undocumented. My understanding is that your github is unofficial though even if that was official I still wouldn't call it a documented/public API. Plug and play would mean no expiring configs, but second that, an official support document on Torguard.net with the API spec and an example script for major platforms.

I really do not want to get into argumentation of expressions and definitions, but you I believe you do not really know what you talk about. As first, definition of private or public is very bright, but if the api would be private, it would mean you would neither have access to it nor it would appear in debug.log for ability to copy it. Just thinking about it should let you feel why you are wrong with saying "private".

As next, which API docs do you want or expect? Do you think there are more API calls? Do you request API access for some specific services for which you want to pay and there is a separate project for it?

Previous user was not only wrong but has as addition no respect and knowledge about the topic which makes it obsolete to comment on it, you fall into trap in trying to prove something which is funny now, I especially laugh api requesting some official API documentation where the talk is about expiring wireguard API. If you already speak about it, you might want let TorGuard know which api calls and functions you want and would be ready to pay for and then they might create a separate, private code :) for that.

Then you claim about examples and scripts but again all of them are existing as even solutions for router usage which was delivered by me not by torguard and there is no need for torguard to extend it as it is about user which scripting he will use, all info is available, if it is too hard for you or you do not understand, then you are free to ask and you will get for sure a reply.

21 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

- I get only "officially" supporting their GUI clients (though I don't love it for my use case), but at least make *good* official clients if that's the case. Again, I have never been able to use the macOS client without constant lag on start/clicking on the menubar/etc on 3 (possibly 4) different machines.

Well, they officially say that it works with native clients too, there is just that one requirement, to activate your public key and get internal IP for that. Like I said, we dip here into TorGuards wireguard implementation into their global system which I find very well resolved. Once again, I cant really comment a lot about MacOS and if it all has to do with your soft/hardware or torguard, I do not use MacOS or apple products.

24 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

- I forget exactly when I spent a bit working on it but I remember looking at that github and reading the script, eventually giving up and inspecting the network requests made in browser when generating, then was trying to get it to automatically override my prev wireguard config at which point I had better things to do

You were giving up but you never bothered to ask for assistance or help? I doubt I have ignored you as I did reply to all questions and gave support and asked for feedback for improvement. Why did you never ask if it was that complicated? As well, if it is that much required, did you ask anybody here or support? I guess you did not therefore your comment is very misleading, you claim by that documentation and scripts or whatever is not understandable and informative enough where after such comment I do not believe you really did read through it back then like you claim.

28 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

- My use case for VPNs means I need to connect/disconnect often. I use a laptop a bunch (so no persistent connection), and even my desktop I need to disconnect for specific IP blocks, network resources when I don't wanna mess with split tunnel, etc.

How do you mess with split tunnel and what else do you mean as etc? Which specific IP blocks do you need to disconnect with wireguard if you configure your peers properly?

30 minutes ago, GoobleChrome said:

This is not truth, @Support please confirm or deny. If you are unable to use TorGuard services then you can cancel your plan and get funded, problem is that I do not believe you are unable to use your service by what you wrote, but taken if TorGuard client does not work on your MacOS and no other client like wireguard, openvpn or openconnect work then you obviously cant use the service and you can get your money refunded, at least for period which it should stay active. If you never contacted support in such way. Once again, this is somethig which you should discuss with support over their system, not here on forum.

Knowing that TorGuard is really good company, if it does not work, ask them to cancel your subscription, if you are saying truth, refunding will not be denied.

3 hours ago, Zydus said:

Hi,

This method will remain in place but we do need to add more documentation and we plan on doing so - the API to prevent configs expiring has only been delayed due to the fact we had planned server upgrades/migrations all planned for the summer and would prefer to wait until this was fully completed before releasing the new API, we know it took longer than we initially thought but we do have a lot going on with continuous improvements to apps on all platforms and the development of the new Mac app amongst others.

Regards

1 minute ago, Support said:

This method will remain in place but we do need to add more documentation and we plan on doing so - the API to prevent configs expiring has only been delayed due to the fact we had planned server upgrades/migrations all planned for the summer and would prefer to wait until this was fully completed before releasing the new API, we know it took longer than we initially thought but we do have a lot going on with continuous improvements to apps on all platforms and the development of the new Mac app amongst others.

Regards

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

2 hours ago, GoobleChrome said:

@19807409

The problems you explain are not common, we know of a 3 second delay when opening settings but we have resolved this in the next release I believe - its possible other apps can interfere with the connection and disconnect process - we recently saw that Acronis somehow delays connect and disconnect for up to 20 seconds.

There may be other software that does but I can say that this app will run as a service shortly that may mitigate such issues, our new Mac app currently in development is less likely to suffer such issues caused by third party apps.

Regards