Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 0
Morpheus

Wireguard - R7000 - DD-WRT - ANYONE Successfully Install?

Rate this question

Question

Morpheus

DD-WRT Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r36070M kongac (05/31/18)

I have OpenVP working for several years with no problems. I quit updating DD-WRT a couple of years ago when I finally landed on a stable version.

I'm not sure weather I need to upgrade to the latest DD-WRT, but I understand Kong is no longer programming. If so where can I get the latest and greatest stable version if I need to upgrade?

All I did previously was install the DD-WRT firmware on my R7000 router and configure.

I've been told by support to reset DD-WRT to factory defaults and configure for Wireguard using the online generator.

I haven't done anything yet because I don't see a Wireguard option in DD-WRT. I believe I should see the option in Settings/Tunnels, but it is not there.

Will the option for Wireguard become available after preforming a factory reset?

It seems to me that there should be a guide out there for those that would like to upgrade from OpenVPN to Wireguard using DD-WRT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
19807409

Just the fact that you need to look for proper images is not optimal, you did ask about DD-WRT, but you can always use OpenWRT, here is the info page for your router: https://openwrt.org/toh/netgear/r7000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Redback813

Given that you're using an old version of DD-WRT you will need the latest version for wireguard to work, however Torguard is not forthcoming with configuration to setup wireguard, go with openwrt otherwise.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Morpheus

I have upgraded to the latest DD-WRT and now in Tunnels it is showing Wireguard. I have been working with Torguard support for the last 4 hours and they are still unable to get it to work.

Has ANYONE been able to get Wireguard working with DD-WRT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Morpheus
5 hours ago, Redback813 said:

Given that you're using an old version of DD-WRT you will need the latest version for wireguard to work, however Torguard is not forthcoming with configuration to setup wireguard, go with openwrt otherwise.

Cheers

 

They do have a generator for the config, but after 4 hours it looks like it's a bust :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

They do have a generator for the config, but after 4 hours it looks like it's a bust :(

It does not matter if you use torguard conf or create it manually, it does not go bust after 4 hours. If you disconnect for 15 minutes. I think it was 5 or even 1 minute during beta, then your config becomes invalid. If you are disconnected longer than this timeout, then you have to create new config, preferable with new public key. Old does not get invalid if you stay connected, you can leave it for months without restart.

You probably should check your configs and if your connection is established properly, as well as maybe your ISP/Router is instable with breaking LAN. Also, changing IP could be an issue (dynamic ip). As if it breaks at some point, then you probably have bad config or this firmware is unstable where you get disconnected from your server for over 15 minutes.

The method which is used with the API is the same which you could use, instead to login each time to torguard to create new config, enter in your browser api address, here you can find more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
8 hours ago, 19807409 said:

It does not matter if you use torguard conf or create it manually, it does not go bust after 4 hours. If you disconnect for 15 minutes. I think it was 5 or even 1 minute during beta, then your config becomes invalid. If you are disconnected longer than this timeout, then you have to create new config, preferable with new public key. Old does not get invalid if you stay connected, you can leave it for months without restart.

You probably should check your configs and if your connection is established properly, as well as maybe your ISP/Router is instable with breaking LAN. Also, changing IP could be an issue (dynamic ip). As if it breaks at some point, then you probably have bad config or this firmware is unstable where you get disconnected from your server for over 15 minutes.

The method which is used with the API is the same which you could use, instead to login each time to torguard to create new config, enter in your browser api address, here you can find more info.

Aside from TG statements claiming the invalid conf files is a security  precaution, what else is the technical rational for this?  it's noteworthy that mullvad wireguard does not incorporate this process in their service. I find Tg's wireguard system very odd and also disruptive and a huge inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Morpheus
8 hours ago, 19807409 said:

It does not matter if you use torguard conf or create it manually, it does not go bust after 4 hours.

 

I was unable to even get it to work after 4 hours of working with support.

Part of the problem was the key was invalid and getting a new key allowed it to connect but I was never able to get traffic to go through the VPN.

I've been following Torguard for a few months while they were working on a DD-WRT implementation of Wireguard. I was told at one point that they had completed a guide for installing Wireguard into DD-WRT but they were working on a config generator.

It seems that Torguard has completely bungled The Wireguard implementation for DD-WRT.

My problem was that it would get a handshake, but it would never allow traffic to go though the VPN.

I'm back to OpenVPN :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Part of the problem was the key was invalid and getting a new key allowed it to connect but I was never able to get traffic to go through the VPN.

Well, it implicates you were not connected for longer than 15 minutes, that is exactly what I said, your configs were not reliable and you do not get connected and then your config expires. TorGuard has enabled wireguard servers, look under your account, there you can find those and they never expire. Knowing that, you can setup and check by that your configs, when everything works, then you can simply use the api for other IP's (or their config). If you stay connected, nothing expires if you got stable connection, if your connection drops for longer then 15 minutes, then you have to create new config.

 

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

It seems that Torguard has completely bungled The Wireguard implementation for DD-WRT.

that is not truth, just because some users like me delivered a solution for openwrt, which is the same as you would need for dd-wrt, it does not say a word about torguard. They actually were in beta with official torguard client and that was the only thing they shuold have and did concentrate. You dislike working solutions like openwrt and want to keep using dd-wrt despite nobobdy of users here connected nor torguard had time for it. We have here enough users who actually understand how it works, they used the API to setup wireguard everywhere, where TorGuard client is not available, so, if you use some OS or some platform which is not commonly used or for which there is no ready solution, then it is not TorGuards bad choice of hardware/software, but yours. TorGuard also does not realease client for other platforms, you are on your own connecting by them, there is no official support.

Like I said, you got all the information how to connect, you could read guides and do it yourself successfully as well as I could write you steps which I wont do as I cant test it as I do not use dd-wrt because it is not good enough, not flexible enough, not stable enough and wastes to much space. Why do you think then that TorGuard should concentrate on preparing guides for DD-WRT? That would be nonsense and if you claim that they sold OpenVPN capable routers, then you bought it back then for usage with TorGuard and they still offer you support and OpenVPN is working.

14 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

My problem was that it would get a handshake, but it would never allow traffic to go though the VPN.

There is a bunch of people using DD-Wrt with wireguard, you need to setup your firewall/routes properly, please seek help from those users, TorGuard by no means has obligation to make wireguard work on openwrt, in fact, TorGuard is one of not that many which allow you to use their services without enforcing their official client and if they would do so, I couldnt use them anymore as they do not release clients for all platforms that I need. So yes, great work @TorGuard-Team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
12 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Well, it implicates you were not connected for longer than 15 minutes, that is exactly what I said, your configs were not reliable and you do not get connected and then your config expires. TorGuard has enabled wireguard servers, look under your account, there you can find those and they never expire. Knowing that, you can setup and check by that your configs, when everything works, then you can simply use the api for other IP's (or their config). If you stay connected, nothing expires if you got stable connection, if your connection drops for longer then 15 minutes, then you have to create new config.

 

that is not truth, just because some users like me delivered a solution for openwrt, which is the same as you would need for dd-wrt, it does not say a word about torguard. They actually were in beta with official torguard client and that was the only thing they shuold have and did concentrate. You dislike working solutions like openwrt and want to keep using dd-wrt despite nobobdy of users here connected nor torguard had time for it. We have here enough users who actually understand how it works, they used the API to setup wireguard everywhere, where TorGuard client is not available, so, if you use some OS or some platform which is not commonly used or for which there is no ready solution, then it is not TorGuards bad choice of hardware/software, but yours. TorGuard also does not realease client for other platforms, you are on your own connecting by them, there is no official support.

Like I said, you got all the information how to connect, you could read guides and do it yourself successfully as well as I could write you steps which I wont do as I cant test it as I do not use dd-wrt because it is not good enough, not flexible enough, not stable enough and wastes to much space. Why do you think then that TorGuard should concentrate on preparing guides for DD-WRT? That would be nonsense and if you claim that they sold OpenVPN capable routers, then you bought it back then for usage with TorGuard and they still offer you support and OpenVPN is working.

There is a bunch of people using DD-Wrt with wireguard, you need to setup your firewall/routes properly, please seek help from those users, TorGuard by no means has obligation to make wireguard work on openwrt, in fact, TorGuard is one of not that many which allow you to use their services without enforcing their official client and if they would do so, I couldnt use them anymore as they do not release clients for all platforms that I need. So yes, great work @TorGuard-Team.

 

 

But, in reality TG wireguard does function in OpenWRT ....or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
22 minutes ago, uNc said:

Aside from TG statements claiming the invalid conf files is a security  precaution, what else is the technical rational for this?  it's noteworthy that mullvad wireguard does not incorporate this process in their service. I find Tg's wireguard system very odd and also disruptive and a huge inconvenience.

It is out of range to discuss mulvad or promote it. I can tell you really bad things about mullvad, will you bring mullvad support here to torguard to argue with me? Do you have issues with TorGuard client? If no, show me please where TorGuard claimed they will support officialy non TG client usage? You will not find it, as well as you will not find that it officially does not, like most of those VPN providers. So please, lets not go into offtopic by talking nonsense about other solutions, you might want to present here exactly how mulvad does it, but all except one VPN provider (which does not allow non official client) made audit by independant company. You, whatever you are told by companies, they might just lie to you too.

I find that TorGuard system is in demo, and it would be more important to get rid of MITM attacks and actually keeping in RAM for lets say 10 seconds where each reconnect would require new public key and new config.

I guess, you do not care about privacy at all and you might ask TorGuard to enable on your server something like 10 years timeout, then you for sure wont get into issues as well as your private would leak 100% if there would be MITM attack in next 10 years.

It works on openwrt, on all platforms as well as on openwrt, if guides available are not good enough, then please write own or  see for help outside, as torguard is I believe not in a stage of taking care about third party services and applications, I guess they will, but then you will also have to wait for it if you do not want to try things which other users here report as fully working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
3 minutes ago, uNc said:

But, in reality TG wireguard does function in OpenWRT or not?

It actually works on my openwrt better and more stable than on any PC. Yes, TorGuard is the only VPN provider which I could successfully test, few routers are since weeks connected and reboot daily.

Very stable and very good speed, setup much easier than with openvpn and no issues with port forwarding, all in all, I treat it as very stable and use it now as main/stable connection in all places, on all devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
4 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

It is out of range to discuss mulvad or promote it. I can tell you really bad things about mullvad, will you bring mullvad support here to torguard to argue with me? Do you have issues with TorGuard client? If no, show me please where TorGuard claimed they will support officialy non TG client usage? You will not find it, as well as you will not find that it officially does not, like most of those VPN providers. So please, lets not go into offtopic by talking nonsense about other solutions, you might want to present here exactly how mulvad does it, but all except one VPN provider (which does not allow non official client) made audit by independant company. You, whatever you are told by companies, they might just lie to you too.

I find that TorGuard system is in demo, and it would be more important to get rid of MITM attacks and actually keeping in RAM for lets say 10 seconds where each reconnect would require new public key and new config.

I guess, you do not care about privacy at all and you might ask TorGuard to enable on your server something like 10 years timeout, then you for sure wont get into issues as well as your private would leak 100% if there would be MITM attack in next 10 years.

It works on openwrt, on all platforms as well as on openwrt, if guides available are not good enough, then please write own or  see for help outside, as torguard is I believe not in a stage of taking care about third party services and applications, I guess they will, but then you will also have to wait for it if you do not want to try things which other users here report as fully working.

Please ....feel free to enlighten me about mullvads deficiencies....I'm all ears, always beneficial to know the good and the bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
Just now, uNc said:

Please ....feel free to enlighten me about mullvads deficiencies....I'm all ears, always good to know the good and the bad.

If so, then I will do it on Mullvad forums and will not spam torguard's forums with it. If we continue that way, you will ask me also about ****VPN, mainly, as they are the only who actually made independant (if there is anything like that) audit for wireguard. So, all that people look for as "good", all is offered by ****VPN, just not to use it without their client :).

All in all, I raised that discussion during beta and I was asking (not for me, but for users here) how will torguard deal with privacy and no log policy as wireguard is not capable to be offered without no log policy, for that torguard decided to go one of 2 known ways.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
9 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

If so, then I will do it on Mullvad forums and will not spam torguard's forums with it. If we continue that way, you will ask me also about ****VPN, mainly, as they are the only who actually made independant (if there is anything like that) audit for wireguard. So, all that people look for as "good", all is offered by ****VPN, just not to use it without their client :).

All in all, I raised that discussion during beta and I was asking (not for me, but for users here) how will torguard deal with privacy and no log policy as wireguard is not capable to be offered without no log policy, for that torguard decided to go one of 2 known ways.

 

Biut if mullvad is doing "really bad things" shouldn't a person we aware of this? 

Let me know all these bad things please; my email is [email protected]

If not, forget about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
8 minutes ago, uNc said:

Biut if mullvad is doing "really bad things" shouldn't a person we aware of this? 

I did not mean that mullvad is criminal, I just wanted to point out that not everything with mullvad is perfect or like many false positive reviews show. I just wanted to point out that there is a bunch of things on quite every VPN provider which can be treaten as critical, but as I do not want to talk about those other on this forum, I will bring you example of TorGuard.

There is something called "5-eyes-warning" and TorGuard as US based company has this warning. On other side, there are people calling it "5-blind-eyes" and therefore do not care about this warning.

I can take also as example Sweden and their VPN provider which is famous, just to tell that Sweden does not hold on international law, their banks were involved in theft of ordinary citizens and gov gave the money simply to the banks, it was millions worth. This case is not the only, if you want to look up, search for KNC mining and send to swedish gov or embassy a request explaining you why they not only rubbed people but gave it then to the banks too, all of this involved their police not wanting to actually investigate it at all, even after knife stabbing occured in KNC's office in sweden.

If you want to ask the lawyer of those citizens, it was Magnus Daar.

By that, swedish based VPN is nothing worth, it will sell your data faster than any with "5-eyes-warning". Be aware, its mostly about the money and many VPN's play with its users naivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
31 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

ing

I suppose if you do nothing illegal while online in 14 or 5 eyes jurisdictions how much trouble can I get into if "joe's vpn service" sells my web history and why should I care?? 

VPN is primarily a streaming / geo-blocking circumvention tool for me as I have US based subscriptions not available in my location. If they want to sell my websites thats of no concern to me. I need reliable and efficient fit for purpose streaming solutions, not NSA grade secrecy which is being "observed" anyways by Trumps police in USA. I use WAN ISP often, no vpn! I first starting using VPN's while in China in 2013 to have access to google and facebook and other sites blocked by their firewall.

I cannot follow the inference u allude to in the relationship with vpn privacy and this swedish KNC BTC mining company. Do they own or control Mullvad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
37 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

I did not mean that mullvad is criminal, I just wanted to point out that not everything with mullvad is perfect or like many false positive reviews show. I just wanted to point out that there is a bunch of things on quite every VPN provider which can be treaten as critical, but as I do not want to talk about those other on this forum, I will bring you example of TorGuard.

There is something called "5-eyes-warning" and TorGuard as US based company has this warning. On other side, there are people calling it "5-blind-eyes" and therefore do not care about this warning.

I can take also as example Sweden and their VPN provider which is famous, just to tell that Sweden does not hold on international law, their banks were involved in theft of ordinary citizens and gov gave the money simply to the banks, it was millions worth. This case is not the only, if you want to look up, search for KNC mining and send to swedish gov or embassy a request explaining you why they not only rubbed people but gave it then to the banks too, all of this involved their police not wanting to actually investigate it at all, even after knife stabbing occured in KNC's office in sweden.

If you want to ask the lawyer of those citizens, it was Magnus Daar.

By that, swedish based VPN is nothing worth, it will sell your data faster than any with "5-eyes-warning". Be aware, its mostly about the money and many VPN's play with its users naivity.

I suppose if you do nothing illegal while online in 14 or 5 eyes jurisdictions how much trouble can I get into if "joe's vpn service" sells my web history and why should I care?? 

VPN is primarily a streaming / geo-blocking circumvention tool for me as I have US based subscriptions not available in my location. If they want to sell my websites thats of no concern to me. I need reliable and efficient fit for purpose streaming solutions, not NSA grade secrecy which is being "observed" anyways by Trumps police in USA. I use WAN ISP often, no vpn! I first starting using VPN's while in China in 2013 to have access to google and facebook and other sites blocked by their firewall.

I cannot follow the inference u allude to in the relationship with vpn privacy and this swedish KNC BTC mining company. Do they own or control Mullvad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
5 minutes ago, uNc said:

I suppose if you do nothing illegal while online in 14 or 5 eyes jurisdictions how much trouble can I get into if "joe's vpn service" sells my web history and why should I care?? 

Supposing/thinking/believing, all of that means one and the same which is not knowing. If you do not care about it, then it is your personal thing, but sadly people not carrying about it are being used to advocate it in name of everybody. You shuold care more than you think as you already asked, but it is your personal issue and decision, talking about it here would be I believe unfair to thread started as we already went offtopic.

9 minutes ago, uNc said:

VPN is primarily a streaming / geo-blocking circumvention tool for me as I have US based subscriptions not available in my location

Thats a vague statement, maybe it is mainly a tool for which you use, believe it or not, I do not care about geoblocking or streaming and even not about torrents.

11 minutes ago, uNc said:

Trumps police in USA.

Why trumps? It is still citizens police and US still did much more harm and atrocities to the rest of the world than to own citizens which have voted for them and accept since many, many years (long before trump) the atrocities which most of US is presented by its media. Well, somehow it does not fit into this picture that Trump is police like you say, as it seems to be the other party called democrats who actually owns that media. By that, we would be in politics and fully offtopic, US internal politics has not more to do with TorGuard than that TorGuard is US based.

15 minutes ago, uNc said:

I cannot follow the inference u allude to in the relationship with vpn privacy and this swedish KNC BTC mining company. Do they own or control Mullvad?

The inference is that the only company which offers VPN service and no log policy which paid for audit and is been promoted as the only one which is really not sharing your data and other good night stories, they are under a jurisdiction which actually do not hold on a international law, you might like another example with tech related which would be Assange. If you would have a problem with it, it would be kinda hard to sue them if their gov is corrupt and not holding on any law => service provider in that country is much worse than 5-eyes or the same. Meaning that the audit is nothing worth and that today there are no indepenedant journalists, scientist and for sure not companies telling the world that somebody is not sharing their data if they have at all have no control of it and have proven many times to actually lie. It was comparison of US based company and Swedish based company, I did not write it about Mullvad and once again, I do not want to talk about mullvad here, I am for my own reasons not their customer and we might have differences in our choices, especially as I do care if companies sell my data for whatever reasons or implications and you stated that you actually dont (at least thats how I understood you)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
uNc
8 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Supposing/thinking/believing, all of that means one and the same which is not knowing. If you do not care about it, then it is your personal thing, but sadly people not carrying about it are being used to advocate it in name of everybody. You shuold care more than you think as you already asked, but it is your personal issue and decision, talking about it here would be I believe unfair to thread started as we already went offtopic.

Thats a vague statement, maybe it is mainly a tool for which you use, believe it or not, I do not care about geoblocking or streaming and even not about torrents.

Why trumps? It is still citizens police and US still did much more harm and atrocities to the rest of the world than to own citizens which have voted for them and accept since many, many years (long before trump) the atrocities which most of US is presented by its media. Well, somehow it does not fit into this picture that Trump is police like you say, as it seems to be the other party called democrats who actually owns that media. By that, we would be in politics and fully offtopic, US internal politics has not more to do with TorGuard than that TorGuard is US based.

The inference is that the only company which offers VPN service and no log policy which paid for audit and is been promoted as the only one which is really not sharing your data and other good night stories, they are under a jurisdiction which actually do not hold on a international law, you might like another example with tech related which would be Assange. If you would have a problem with it, it would be kinda hard to sue them if their gov is corrupt and not holding on any law => service provider in that country is much worse than 5-eyes or the same. Meaning that the audit is nothing worth and that today there are no indepenedant journalists, scientist and for sure not companies telling the world that somebody is not sharing their data if they have at all have no control of it and have proven many times to actually lie. It was comparison of US based company and Swedish based company, I did not write it about Mullvad and once again, I do not want to talk about mullvad here, I am for my own reasons not their customer and we might have differences in our choices, especially as I do care if companies sell my data for whatever reasons or implications and you stated that you actually dont (at least thats how I understood you)

You should know then that you need to own both ends of a vpn to maintain privacy otherwise you have 2 or 3 choices: trust the ISP or the VPN provider (who could be some hippie sitting in his mama's basement watching your every move on the www), or whatever hosting company u use with algo or some other such setup, . Lol, thats the reality of it all...right there dude! If you expect privacy from a vpn I think you need to rethink this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
1 minute ago, uNc said:

You should know then that you need to own both ends of a vpn to maintain privacy otherwise you have 2 choices: trust the ISP or the VPN provider who could be some hippie sitting in his mama's basement watching your every move on the www

Probably you do not know that mostly it is enough if I know your WLAN SSID and you use some Windows PC. You have actually a choice, to throw away your mobile phone and never use internet or get exposed by using it. It is not a choice to trust ISP provider who actually in most cases does shady things like speed shaping, port blocking, upload speed reduction etc... . VPN is also not really a choice and VPN does not make you anon if that is what you try to explain me. That hippie sitting in his mamas basement can watch prom without checking my logs, this hippie would check my logs mostly only in a case that something valuable can be taken out of it. This is the reason why most educational institutions are penetrated for ages and they have no money to deal with it, knowledge leaking which in west is called spying as most of those attacks in western hemisphere came from china's ip's.

I think all that "hippie in a basement" is nonsense, as comics pushed, maybe you will see it differently after reading leaked documents by snowden or his latest book. Its not about hippies here, people using your data are mostly walking in suites around and do not care at all about which movies you watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Redback813
On 10/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, Morpheus said:

 

They do have a generator for the config, but after 4 hours it looks like it's a bust :(

 

Are you sure, do you have method or link to this generate config, just wish to test it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Morpheus
51 minutes ago, Redback813 said:

 

Are you sure, do you have method or link to this generate config, just wish to test it.

 

It is located in your account (client area) under tools, and it's called config generator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Morpheus

If you have successfully got Wireguard to work on DD-WRT, can you post a screen shot of your Wireguard configuration, just obscure the keys.

I'm guessing that I can just disable the OpenVPN connection. Also I have the kill switch and port forwarding in the Firewall. Not sure if I should remove them?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
19807409
56 minutes ago, Redback813 said:

Are you sure, do you have method or link to this generate config, just wish to test it

If you want to use the method which torguard app uses, then it is to use their api, explained here: https://github.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts#torguards-wireguard-api-v1

173.244.200.119 is new york wireguard server. You need to have created already your private/public keys with wireguard, doesnt matter on which pc or how you get them, considering your public key would be: AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJLLL=

then type in your browser

https://173.244.200.119:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJLLL=

You will be then asked for your torguard credentials which you have to enter, you can save it in your password manager too as well save it as bookmarks for later usage if it expires.

You can pass your credentials also directly in the URL, like here:

https://User1:[email protected]:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJLLL=

If you want to find all servers, install TorGuard and check their latest json file, here is the one which I used for configs. You need to use IP instead of the URL, to find out which IP's are used for that country/URL, you can run, as example for New York:

nslookup us-ny.torguard.org

Then use any of those IP's for your your API request. After the moment you have created this request, it is valid for 15 minutes, if you disconnect for longer than 15 minutes, you will have to create new config by simply reopening your API URL, quite easy for mobile phones and other devices.

If you then want to get the fastest of those IP's you can run ping checks and choose the fastest, that question was quite popular here on this forum which everybody actually could perform during their init scripts.

I really do not believe that is is faster and easier to go to torguard, login there with 2fa and captcha, then navigate to the config tool where you might get asked for additional captcha or even logged out, well, adding API URL above is much simpler and you do not need captcha nor 2fa, kinda 100% friendly.

If you want to check it, install official TorGuard client, debug it and you will see that it works exactly that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...