TorGuard

Fixed IPs with a Wiregaurd Client on GLI Shadow GL-AR300M

Rate this topic

quimby

Nice update @support.

I receive error 'Error: Failed to generate keys, kindly double check credentials.' and I quadruple checked my credentials that I tried both typed and copy/pasted in.

Oh well, it is nice to have a new screen to click on and i'm in no rush.

It states 'Dedicated and Port Forward IPs are not supported using WireGuard tunnel type configs.' but I can't try it out anyways.

@19807409 Correct. The GL firmware has no torguard references on it.

@BluePoet If you ever decide to upgrade your 3200acm to openwrt from DDwrt, Flash your DDwrt to stock linksys first and then use the linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img or your going to be in for a bumpy ride.

1 hour ago, quimby said:

@19807409 Correct. The GL firmware has no torguard references on it.

thanks for clarification. @Support where can I find torguard's openwrt or ddwrt customization part? I would assume it is also open source.

1 hour ago, quimby said:

@BluePoet If you ever decide to upgrade your 3200acm to openwrt from DDwrt, Flash your DDwrt to stock linksys first and then use the linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img or your going to be in for a bumpy ride.

yes, this is important tip, as addition, make sure that you have more free RAM than the factory image itself. I did not read device's info page on openwrt but would assume it has listed flashing as well as debricking procedure, those should be read before flashing.

2 hours ago, quimby said:

'Dedicated and Port Forward IPs are not supported using WireGuard tunnel type configs.'

where is it stated exactly? TorGuard client? I can confirm that I am using dedicated server with wireguard and port forwarding. When you login to your account on torguard, there you have dedicated servers and there your dedicated must be show where you could choose in the dropdown box wireguard. If wireguard is not available in that box, then wireguard was not rolled out on those servers, I have one streaming IP which cant be wireguard enabled and support's reply was that in that country, wireguard was not rolled out to streaming ip's, meaning wireguard cant be used on it. However, dedicated IP works, maybe we are unclear here about what a dedicated and what a streaming one is, what is known to me as dedicated IP works and proof for that are several guides which I wrote as they were written using both, shared and dedicated IP's for a test.

Support
1 hour ago, 19807409 said:

where is it stated exactly? TorGuard client? I can confirm that I am using dedicated server with wireguard and port forwarding. When you login to your account on torguard, there you have dedicated servers and there your dedicated must be show where you could choose in the dropdown box wireguard. If wireguard is not available in that box, then wireguard was not rolled out on those servers, I have one streaming IP which cant be wireguard enabled and support's reply was that in that country, wireguard was not rolled out to streaming ip's, meaning wireguard cant be used on it. However, dedicated IP works, maybe we are unclear here about what a dedicated and what a streaming one is, what is known to me as dedicated IP works and proof for that are several guides which I wrote as they were written using both, shared and dedicated IP's for a test.

Sorry for the misleading message on the generator, at first Dedicated IP's etc were not supported but they should now (still working on it a little) so until that’s fully done I will keep it there, the cogent severs are not yet on WG due to a kernel issue - we are working on that as well along with WG on iOS and Android.

Regards

1 hour ago, Support said:

Sorry for the misleading message on the generator, at first Dedicated IP's etc were not supported but they should now (still working on it a little) so until that’s fully done I will keep it there, the cogent severs are not yet on WG due to a kernel issue - we are working on that as well along with WG on iOS and Android.

Thanks for clarification. As long as the port does not change, api described here can be used, if I use same public key like one which is already connected, it does not deliver data, but generating new keypair worked every time. As you say cogent and kernel issue, does that mean that kernel version is lower than min v3?

As for android, I connect normally over wireguard, we have here also another user who simply got the data and has setup wireguard so that he does not need to wait. Using wireguard on my mobile phone also does not drain my battery at all, I do get a message that wireguard is using more than other applications but my phone can be normally used without to be recharged for 24 hours, of course it depends on many factors, but it indeed uses less power than torguard app. I cant really judge properly as torguard uses more heavy ressources as wireguard is currently not available.