TorGuard

Amazon Reviews Not Showing

Rate this question

Lobo

Question

Hi new TorGuard user here! Amazon reviews don't show up when I'm connected to TorGuard. Are there some settings in the TorGuard app I can tweak to be able to see the reviews? Thanks in advanced!

15 answers to this question

I have not found a server/setting that is not blocked by Amazon reviews, but I'd like to encourage everyone to contact Amazon about this.

Ok so all TorGuard servers are blocked by Amazon? I'm a new TorGuard user, couple of weeks. I had PIA for like 3 + years before and this was never an issue with them. Does anyone know why Amazon had blocked TorGuard, far as reviews go?

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Ok so all TorGuard servers are blocked by Amazon? I'm a new TorGuard user, couple of weeks. I had PIA for like 3 + years before and this was never an issue with them. Does anyone know why Amazon had blocked TorGuard, far as reviews go?

Hmm, I can not confirm that amazon reviews are not showing, using, neither with 10Gbit network, nor with a shared server.

I clearly see all reviews, even with shared IP's, tested now with firefox 81

Kratos

Yeah I just checked and I can see all reviews on Amazon, nothing is being blocked for me.  Must be something else on your end.  

Are you talking about seeing/reading reviews or being able to write and submit a review?  

Just checked again - and as soon as I am connected to VPN, the reviews are gone. I am talking about the written reviews, not the star rating at the top.

I already contacted Amazon about it and they promised to escalate the issue. Will post again when I have updates, even though I am having a foot out of the door here due to the issues with the iOS client.

• Like 1
PeterDiva

The AU site reviews are blocked for me. Account settings are also blocked. Also have to do the robot check on a regular basis.

Support

It could very well be someone is using the service to post fake reviews or spammy reviews and therefore Amazon is blocking them, we will look into it.

Regards

• Like 1
On 10/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, Kratos said:

Yeah I just checked and I can see all reviews on Amazon, nothing is being blocked for me.  Must be something else on your end.  

Are you talking about seeing/reading reviews or being able to write and submit a review?  

I'm referring to the user submitted reviews with photos. I can see the Q&A part but not the reviews.

15 hours ago, Support said:

It could very well be someone is using the service to post fake reviews or spammy reviews and therefore Amazon is blocking them, we will look into it.

Regards

Awesome, thanks!

Anonymous Coward

Running into the same issue. Eventually I'll find an IP that works if I keep reconnecting but it would be great if TorGuard could work with Amazon to avoid this, otherwise it is probably going to continue to get more difficult to find working IPs.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, blob said:

Reviews are showing for me again 😃 👍

Do you mind sharing what your settings are and what server you're connected to?

On 10/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, blob said:

@Lobo

Server: Chicago
Tunnel Type: WireGuard
Proxy: none

These settings work for me. I can see the review now, thanks!

Brainbleach

Have you tried to read the amazon reviews while signed OUT of your amazon account?  I'm connected to one of TorGuard's shared IP's and I'm having no issues reading customer reviews on products.  I can see the pictures and all.