TorGuard
Brainbleach

US Chicago servers

Rate this topic

Brainbleach

Why all of a sudden is torguard pushing cloudflare dns servers instead of the servers dns?

Brainbleach

Yes i'm using TG app version 4.1.2 and have tried both OpenVPN and Wireguard both of which keep giving me cloudflare dns on 2 different PC's.  I'm running Linux Mint 20 btw.

uNc

Have a look at Settings/Network in the TG app and check how the DNS settings are configured.

Brainbleach

When VPN is connected, it's set to use pushed DNS.  The other options are set to none.  I've tried changing this setting to use VPN for DNS but still getting cloudflare as my DNS lookup.  I do have cloudflare set as my DNS provider at the router level when not connected to VPN but i'm not sure if that's coincidence or my DNS is leaking.

Brainbleach

I've also tried other countries as a VPN server and i'm getting cloudflare for those as well. 

Brainbleach

Nevermind I figured out the issue.  Somehow after updating to firefox 81, the DNS over HTTPS option got enabled. 

uNc

It's the same for me in Firefox (which I seldom use), and when I checked DNS in Firefox, ...-Cloudflare!

Good heads up....right on!

Brainbleach

No worries lol glad it could help you if you ever need to use firefox!