TorGuard

Torguard IPs being blocked by numerous websites

Rate this topic

96633_1511348138

96633_1511348138

I have been using TorGuard for a few years. However in the last few months, the service has become unusable

- Multiple websites block you if I have TorGuard on

- As soon as I switch the VPN off, I can access the website. So the problem is clearly due to Torguard IP's being blocked. I have tried multiple servers, locations, protocols and the result is the same

- Examples include Yelp, banking websites, Vitacost and now even Amazon at times. Example of block by Yelp is on bottom of email

- What is the point of paying for a VPN if major website block the IPs

- Everytime I email Torguard, they send a copy and paste email saying they don't see an issue

image.thumb.png.d0da0c7b6d25ea1d6bf2a2215f030c30.png- This a real issue which needs to be fixed by Torguard. Otherwise there is no point paying for a VPN which makes the web unusable

multiple admin sites found out that they could use cloudflare and other things, they dislike if they can not identify you as yourself :) but do not offer same transparency. You probably should contact their help and in most cases it is resolved by them adding your ip as well as the service responsible for it marks it as dangerous simply because it is marked as shared service, this has nothing to do with torguard but with politicians which pushed the laws enabling it, same is, not torguard tells you that you can not access the page, it is the page which you are trying to access which blocks you from accessing it.

if you want to void that, then either buy private ip (streaming ip etc..), then you will not have that issue.

I visited those websites OP listed, I can visit them as usual. I think those website ban you from MAC instead of IPs.

Did you do anything funny or site that bring down your security on your side? 

Dont just test on one device on your same ISP network, try on different network and see which blocked you especially your ISP backbone.

Normally router given by ISP or provided by them get to locked on the MAC by themself, that why I dont use any modem or router provided by ISP

• 3 months later...

I experience the same issue as OP. when connected to Torguard VPN, I cannot access some websites.

occasionally I can get around the problem by connecting thru a different VPN server, but not reliably

examples: yelp.com, apnews.com

Dom1no

What you are experiencing is Normal in terms of VPN's in General. Yes some sites ban VPN IP's this is nothing that is specific to Torguard. You would experience this same thing no matter what VPN provider is used "occasionally" and randomly depending on the IP's you connect to.

The best solution would be to find a IP that works and Pin* the IP in the Torguard app so you always connect to the IP that works,, or purchase a dedicated IP.

Brainbleach
2 hours ago, jayb said:

I experience the same issue as OP. when connected to Torguard VPN, I cannot access some websites.

occasionally I can get around the problem by connecting thru a different VPN server, but not reliably

examples: yelp.com, apnews.com

Both sites loaded just fine for me using TorGuard's Chicago servers.  Try those.

• 2 months later...
sidescratches

I cannot get to kroger.com. I have tried different servers, protocols, specific and auto gen port/auth, tunnel types.... nothing works unless I disconnect from torguard. All other websites, so far, work fine while connected. I agree with original poster, what's the point in paying. This is a grocery store website. I'm not trying to backdoor it into Iran's government. There should be a workaround, that is what a company like Torguard is paid to provide, not excuses. Please help provide a solution.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.kroger.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.2e2be8ac.1617709051.47f9e8e

Dom1no
3 hours ago, sidescratches said:

I cannot get to kroger.com. I have tried different servers, protocols, specific and auto gen port/auth, tunnel types.... nothing works unless I disconnect from torguard. All other websites, so far, work fine while connected. I agree with original poster, what's the point in paying. This is a grocery store website. I'm not trying to backdoor it into Iran's government. There should be a workaround, that is what a company like Torguard is paid to provide, not excuses. Please help provide a solution.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.kroger.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.2e2be8ac.1617709051.47f9e8e

I just tested this after reading your post and i tested with 2 Locations USA/Canada Locations and both worked so.... I am not sure what to tell you but i think you should Contact Support using the Ticket system and maybe they can help narrow down the issue. You might not have your DNS configured properly or the settings within the Torguard Application or possibly just the locations/IP's you coincidentally tried did not work but they can help you but like i say i just tested it on 2 diff servers and Both! loaded the site instantly no problem...

As stated above in this thread Torguard has no control over what sites block what IP's , the reason sites sometimes block IP's is due to people abusing! that sites rules maybe Spam/Fraud/...etc so when someone does something wrong on a specific IP on a specific site that site blocks that IP that has nothing to do with Torguard at the very least it is something that is not in Torguard's Control....This Happens to ALL* VPN providers , people abuse IP's and some get blacklisted on sites.

Inside the torguard application there is the ability to Pin* Ip's so find one that works on all the sites you use and PIN it that way you always connect to the one that works, each location has multiple IP's so if you disconnect / reconnect to the same location you may get a different IP. You said it's a grocery store site so most likely someone used a stolen CC or something to order some food which is Fraud, something along those lines who knows... the sky is the limit just find a different IP or Location.