TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
96633_1511348138

Torguard IPs being blocked by numerous websites

Rate this topic

96633_1511348138

I have been using TorGuard for a few years. However in the last few months, the service has become unusable

- Multiple websites block you if I have TorGuard on

- As soon as I switch the VPN off, I can access the website. So the problem is clearly due to Torguard IP's being blocked. I have tried multiple servers, locations, protocols and the result is the same

- Examples include Yelp, banking websites, Vitacost and now even Amazon at times. Example of block by Yelp is on bottom of email

- What is the point of paying for a VPN if major website block the IPs

- Everytime I email Torguard, they send a copy and paste email saying they don't see an issue

image.thumb.png.d0da0c7b6d25ea1d6bf2a2215f030c30.png- This a real issue which needs to be fixed by Torguard. Otherwise there is no point paying for a VPN which makes the web unusable

multiple admin sites found out that they could use cloudflare and other things, they dislike if they can not identify you as yourself :) but do not offer same transparency. You probably should contact their help and in most cases it is resolved by them adding your ip as well as the service responsible for it marks it as dangerous simply because it is marked as shared service, this has nothing to do with torguard but with politicians which pushed the laws enabling it, same is, not torguard tells you that you can not access the page, it is the page which you are trying to access which blocks you from accessing it.

if you want to void that, then either buy private ip (streaming ip etc..), then you will not have that issue.

Brainbleach

Every site you just listed loads up just fine for me.  I even switched vpn servers and checked yelp,vitacost, and amazon and they all loaded just fine.

iicycube

I visited those websites OP listed, I can visit them as usual. I think those website ban you from MAC instead of IPs.

Did you do anything funny or site that bring down your security on your side? 

Dont just test on one device on your same ISP network, try on different network and see which blocked you especially your ISP backbone.

Normally router given by ISP or provided by them get to locked on the MAC by themself, that why I dont use any modem or router provided by ISP