TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
Ming Ming

Anyone having speed problem with the UK2.NET New York Server?

Rate this question

Question

Ming Ming

Hi,

I’m currently using New York server. Whenever I got connected to the UK2.NET server, it’s really slow. I have to disconnect the VPN and reconnect it until I got connected to the Westhost server just to get my normal speed back. What should I do?

Below is the speed when I connected to UK2.NET server and Westhost server (which equal the speed without VPN)

279818AE-70DD-426A-918F-EBF806443CD9.jpeg

02E816A6-A84D-4C16-9F39-5C03BE52CECC.jpeg

2 answers to this question

I can confirm that I had issues with UK2.NET server in dropping performance just like in your screenshots, getting maybe 2-5%  of what it should be, this was UK's 10 Gbit server. The issues came up sometime around a year ago for the first time, I though it was connected to openconnect protocol but never got the issue resolve as I used different server. I also can report different stability, where when I connect from my cable provider I do not experience any issues with UK2.net, but as soon as I am on mobile connection it works for some time then I run into this issue.

The servers are not overloaded, especially not 10Gbit, but from time to time they might need to be rebooted.

Can you confirm that same happens with other protocols? I do not have this issue with wireguard and same server as well as there is no sudden drop in performance after some time

Ming Ming
14 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

I can confirm that I had issues with UK2.NET server in dropping performance just like in your screenshots, getting maybe 2-5%  of what it should be, this was UK's 10 Gbit server. The issues came up sometime around a year ago for the first time, I though it was connected to openconnect protocol but never got the issue resolve as I used different server. I also can report different stability, where when I connect from my cable provider I do not experience any issues with UK2.net, but as soon as I am on mobile connection it works for some time then I run into this issue.

The servers are not overloaded, especially not 10Gbit, but from time to time they might need to be rebooted.

Can you confirm that same happens with other protocols? I do not have this issue with wireguard and same server as well as there is no sudden drop in performance after some time

I tried WireGuard on my computer, same issue happened with the UK2.NET. Maybe it’s the problem with the server. Hope TorGuard will resolve it soon.