TorGuard

🔥 HowTo - OpenWRT with any TorGuard's Wireguard IP

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, CRT000 said:

network.cfg0a96fc.allowed_ips=''

this should not be empty, like I wrote in DM, let me update master repo, will do it in few hours, then it should work out-of-box.

can you run and post (!!!make your keys/ip's not vissible before posting on forum!!!)?:

uci show torguard

I have a3200ACM Linksys router which now runs OpenWRT as I am having difficulty setting up my VPN service on this router. I don't really see any video guides or step by step for this . Can anyone guide me to the right place or instructions to set this up .I previously had Ipvanish which worked flawlessly using this method.

3 hours ago, Boost said:

I have a3200ACM Linksys router which now runs OpenWRT as I am having difficulty setting up my VPN service on this router. I don't really see any video guides or step by step for this . Can anyone guide me to the right place or instructions to set this up .I previously had Ipvanish which worked flawlessly using this method.

Well, you are then just one/two commands away. In first post of this thread quite everything is explained:

1. Install wireguard and script requirements
    # normally installing luci-app-wireguard would install all those requirements except curl
    opkg update && opkg install curl kmod-wireguard wireguard-tools ipset luci-app-wireguard

2. Run installation script
    curl -o /usr/bin/tgsetup https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tgsetup
    chmod +x /usr/bin/tgsetup && /usr/bin/tgsetup
  3. Reboot your router

If something does not work or you need more help, do not hesitate to ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please confirm this script is still working?

I cannot get it to work at all anymore.

I've tried fixing the configuration through Luci, but it still does not connect.

19 hours ago, Code said:

Can someone please confirm this script is still working?

I cannot get it to work at all anymore.

I've tried fixing the configuration through Luci, but it still does not connect.

Code.

Hello, actually it should be still working, yesterday I merged a fix for user suggestion, where it was to add certificate. What exactly is not working, any logs? Is there a wireguard config created?

I still use it on my openwrt devices and they all are connected, I would need to disconnect and reset it for a test, so please do not expect me to do it today, but I will tomorrow.

Check also your /etc/config/network file and delete all wireguard interfaces and peers, reboot and rerun it.

4 hours ago, 19807409 said:

Hello, actually it should be still working, yesterday I merged a fix for user suggestion, where it was to add certificate. What exactly is not working, any logs? Is there a wireguard config created?

I still use it on my openwrt devices and they all are connected, I would need to disconnect and reset it for a test, so please do not expect me to do it today, but I will tomorrow.

Check also your /etc/config/network file and delete all wireguard interfaces and peers, reboot and rerun it.

I deleted all the WireGuard interfaces from /etc/config/network, rebooted and still nothing.

I cannot connect with WireGuard and I also had problems with OpenVPN (not connecting too).

I'm going to upgrade OpenWrt with a clean slate and if I'm in the mood I'll try your script again. I don't like OpenVPN's speeds, but I'll have to endure it if I can't get WireGuard to work (I need my internet for work too).

Your efforts in making WireGuard work are very appreciated.

Update 01: I just finished upgrading with a full wipe (reset to defaults). I installed all the WireGuard dependencies and ran tgsetup. It's still not working. :(

tgsetup asks for the private key. I've tried blank (just pressing <Return>) and pasting the private key from TorGuard (config generator using my selected server ip address). Doesn't work.

The public key in the Luci Network Interfaces section (WG0) is always invalid. If I try to fix the WireGuard inconsistencies through Luci I lose internet connectivity.

I've uploaded some screenshots in the meantime. I blacked out most of the numbers in the public key sequence (not sure if that's compromising or not).

Notice that some fields are filled in with unrelated information (I didn't do those manually).01.png.5fac63926d972706a0e59de892f941a0.png02.thumb.png.be7f6d7db7b5405b9a4e71b1e89a282b.png

Code.

3 hours ago, Code said:

I deleted all the WireGuard interfaces from /etc/config/network, rebooted and still nothing.

I cannot connect with WireGuard and I also had problems with OpenVPN (not connecting too).

I'm going to upgrade OpenWrt with a clean slate and if I'm in the mood I'll try your script again. I don't like OpenVPN's speeds, but I'll have to endure it if I can't get WireGuard to work (I need my internet for work too).

Your efforts in making WireGuard work are very appreciated.

Update 01: I just finished upgrading with a full wipe (reset to defaults). I installed all the WireGuard dependencies and ran tgsetup. It's still not working. :(

tgsetup asks for the private key. I've tried blank (just pressing <Return>) and pasting the private key from TorGuard (config generator using my selected server ip address). Doesn't work.

The public key in the Luci Network Interfaces section (WG0) is always invalid. If I try to fix the WireGuard inconsistencies through Luci I lose internet connectivity.

I've uploaded some screenshots in the meantime. I blacked out most of the numbers in the public key sequence (not sure if that's compromising or not).

Notice that some fields are filled in with unrelated information (I didn't do those manually).01.png.5fac63926d972706a0e59de892f941a0.png02.thumb.png.be7f6d7db7b5405b9a4e71b1e89a282b.png

Code.

thanks for the screenshot, I will try it today on fresh clean install with latest master. It looks to me that api call failed for you for some reasons, maybe deleting torguard config (with a backup before deleting):

cp -f /etc/config/torguard /etc/config/torguard.bkp && rm -f /etc/config/torguard

then get latest version of script by install it with tgsetup or tginstall scripts. Running just tgsetup should overwrite all old bins as well as move your torguard config to /etc/config/torguard.old, you only need to run tgsetup to update all scripts and initialize config according to latest script. If that fails, then something is wrong.

Additionaly, before running tgsetup, make sure that

1. /etc/config/network conains no wireguard interfaces and peers (look at the end of file)
  2. make sure you have internet connection, as example by checking what your ip address is:
    curl ifconfig.me
  3. Open your api url in browser to ensure that your credentials etc.. work

Like I said, I will be able to test it tomorrow as today, hope you get it resolved before I test.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, 19807409 said:

thanks for the screenshot, I will try it today on fresh clean install with latest master. It looks to me that api call failed for you for some reasons, maybe deleting torguard config (with a backup before deleting):

cp -f /etc/config/torguard /etc/config/torguard.bkp && rm -f /etc/config/torguard

then get latest version of script by install it with tgsetup or tginstall scripts. Running just tgsetup should overwrite all old bins as well as move your torguard config to /etc/config/torguard.old, you only need to run tgsetup to update all scripts and initialize config according to latest script. If that fails, then something is wrong.

Additionaly, before running tgsetup, make sure that

1. /etc/config/network conains no wireguard interfaces and peers (look at the end of file)
  2. make sure you have internet connection, as example by checking what your ip address is:

curl ifconfig.me
  3. Open your api url in browser to ensure that your credentials etc.. work

Like I said, I will be able to test it tomorrow as today, hope you get it resolved before I test.

1. I removed all WireGuard references in /etc/config/network (there were two at the end);

2. My internet is working;

3. My credentials are working (https://127.0.0.1:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=public_key_goes_here);

4. Ran tgsetup.

Still no WireGuard.

Update 01: I created a manual connection through Luci and it's working now. I'll leave it like this for a while and test tgsetup later.

Update 02: I can successfully connect to WireGuard servers by manually using the config generator and the data it supplies.

I cannot connect using tgsetup/tginstall. I took a look at tginstall.log and there's quite an amount of personal information I'd have to remove from there in order to attach it here safely.

19807409: If data from tginstall.log is required, please tell me which sections you need.

Code.

Hi all.

The WireGuard connection on my router finally died after several weeks when I had to power down for a few days whilst I was away.

The connection didn't come back up after I reconnected the power to the router. I uninstalled using /usr/bin/tguninstall

I then ran curl -o /usr/bin/tgsetup https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tgsetup && chmod +x /usr/bin/tgsetup && /usr/bin/tgsetup

The setup asked for my:

• Username
  • Password
  • Custom IP (which in my case is  Dedicated IP that I find in 'Services > My Fixed IPs' on the TorGuard account website. I'm assuming the Port should be 1443)
  • Private Key

However, I'm having trouble with the Private Key part. Am I supposed to generate this Private Key in a particular way?

I tried using the private key by entering my IP details here here https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-openvpnconfig. I don't use the Torguard Client anywhere so this seemed the most obvious option. I replace the = suffix with %3D. When I go into Luci, I'm not getting any error messages in LUCI though the Wireguard interface is showing that the sent and received is 0 bytes.

I have no idea why it is isn't working.

Any ideas?

12 hours ago, simschu said:

Hi all.

The WireGuard connection on my router finally died after several weeks when I had to power down for a few days whilst I was away.

The connection didn't come back up after I reconnected the power to the router. I uninstalled using /usr/bin/tguninstall

I then ran curl -o /usr/bin/tgsetup https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tgsetup && chmod +x /usr/bin/tgsetup && /usr/bin/tgsetup

The setup asked for my:

• Username
  • Password
  • Custom IP (which in my case is  Dedicated IP that I find in 'Services > My Fixed IPs' on the TorGuard account website. I'm assuming the Port should be 1443)
  • Private Key

However, I'm having trouble with the Private Key part. Am I supposed to generate this Private Key in a particular way?

I tried using the private key by entering my IP details here here https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-openvpnconfig. I don't use the Torguard Client anywhere so this seemed the most obvious option. I replace the = suffix with %3D. When I go into Luci, I'm not getting any error messages in LUCI though the Wireguard interface is showing that the sent and received is 0 bytes.

I have no idea why it is isn't working.

Any ideas?

If you check my previous post (the one with the screenshots) you should be able to compare if you also have inconsistent fields with WireGuard in the Luci interface.

Currently I'm connected to WireGuard manually. Just obtain the data from the config generator and use those to create a WireGuard interface.

tgsetup is currently not working for me.

Screenshot Firewall Settings:

General Settings -> Private Key: The private key the config generator created for you

General Settings -> Listen Port: The port the config generator created for you

General Settings ->IP Address: The local(LAN) IP address the config generator created for you (not the IP address of the WireGuard server you wish to connect to)

Screenshot Peers Settings:

I'm using the standard firewall zones. In my case it's WAN <-> WG (WireGuard)

Screenshot General Settings:

Peers -> Public Key: The public key the config generator created for you (not sure if everyone gets the same public key on the same ip address, but I decided to black it out just in case)

Peers -> Endpoint Host: The IP address for the TorGuard WireGuard server you want to use

Code.

02.png

03.png

01.png

7 hours ago, Code said:

If you check my previous post (the one with the screenshots) you should be able to compare if you also have inconsistent fields with WireGuard in the Luci interface.

[...]

That worked! I also had to use a different IP address to connect to (not entirely sure why but TorGuard support suggested that I use a different IP address which they gave me, other than the IP address that I have in 'My Fixed IPs'). Apparently it will route or bound to that IP address, even though last time I had used the IP address in 'My Fixed IPs'.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, 19807409 said:

2. Run installation script
    curl -o /usr/bin/tgsetup https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tgsetup
    chmod +x /usr/bin/tgsetup && /usr/bin/tgsetup

hi,

that script and if I do everything manualy in open wrt / add interface, add peer etc, is it the same or the script has something different at the end?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

thanks @James8078 for reporting here and user who reported on github where your issue should be resolved:

I also changed theme for github to be black and more similar to torguard, would be nice to get some feedback of just if you like it or not, otherwise I will just leave it as it is, as I like current black more because torguard logo is visible properly, just like on gitpages: https://torguard.github.io/openwrt-scripts/

1 hour ago, James8078 said:

hi,

when the script asks if we want to use ''custom ip'', do we need to add just the ip, or the complete with /24 ie: 10.11.12.13/24 or without the /24? I guess it is not about endpoint ip?

thanks

Custom ip is actually endpoint ip (ip of torguard server on internet), do not use domains (your interface address 10.11.12.13/24 address is then parsed from the config). If custom ip is not set, then New York server's ip is used.

Your question is legit, I should change those questions, suggestions/tips are always welcome.

When you have set it for the first time, later run simply tginstall if you change anything on torguard config.

You can change settings with uci without text editor too, all info is available in wiki, for configuration here: https://github.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/wiki#how-to-configure-existing-torguard-configuration

Thanks @James8078 for pointing out misleading message, I will update it in following days when I got time.

37 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Custom ip is actually endpoint ip (ip of torguard server on internet), do not use domains (your interface address 10.11.12.13/24 address is then parsed from the config). If custom ip is not set, then New York server's ip is used.

Your question is legit, I should change those questions, suggestions/tips are always welcome.

When you have set it for the first time, later run simply tginstall if you change anything on torguard config.

You can change settings with uci without text editor too, all info is available in wiki, for configuration here: https://github.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/wiki#how-to-configure-existing-torguard-configuration

Thanks @James8078 for pointing out misleading message, I will update it in following days when I got time.

finaly, like same times I tried, same result, a lot of missing informations. after the script, no endpoint even if I put it, no public key, even if the script asked me, no allowed Ip, no port etc etc.... and no connection to the server.. I know I can add it the infos directly in LuCi / interface if I want or in etc/config/network but I thought the script was to replace that. And I see the infos in /etc/config/torguard (endpoint, keys etc) but not in network so wireguard does not work...

wireguard1.png

wg2.png

40 minutes ago, James8078 said:

finaly, like same times I tried, same result, a lot of missing informations. after the script, no endpoint even if I put it, no public key, even if the script asked me, no allowed Ip, no port etc etc.... and no connection to the server.. I know I can add it the infos directly in LuCi / interface if I want or in etc/config/network but I thought the script was to replace that. And I see the infos in /etc/config/torguard (endpoint, keys etc) but not in network so wireguard does not work...

wireguard1.png

wg2.png

script works.

If your wireguard settings are empty then api call did not get a reply which can have different issues:

1. wrong ip address

2. wrong public key

Urlencode was buggy so I disabled it, but if you entered everything correctly and you get no results then your public key has a sign in it which causes it.

In both cases it is enough if you edit api pub key manually then rerun tginstall which does not ask you questions.

Settings also get printed asking you if they are correct.

For better reply you would need to post the log or the config itself as I cant know it out of blue.

1 hour ago, 19807409 said:

For better reply you would need to post the log or the config itself as I cant know it out of blue.

hi,

here log and config, I changed some infos like password, private and public keys as well with ''X''

thanks

config torguard 'setupconfig'
	option enable_logging '1'
	option logext 'log'
	option logfiledir '/var/log/torguard'
	option binsoutdir '/usr/bin'
	option confsoutdir '/etc/config'
	option bins 'tgfunctions tginit tginit-uci-basic tginstall tguninstall tgsetup tgupgrade speedperf'
	option configs 'speedperf'
	option tgapibin '/etc/init.d/tgapi'

config torguard 'tg0'
	option ifname 'wg'
	option ifstartnr '0'
	option zone '1'

config credentials_tg0
	option username 'XXXXXXX'
	option password 'HXXXXXX'

config interface_tg0
	option proto 'wireguard'
	option listen_port '51820'
	list addresses ''
	option mtu '1420'
	option fwmark '0xFE'
	option delegate '0'
	option nohostroute '0'

config wireguard_tg0
	list allowed_ips '0.0.0.0/0'
	option endpoint_port '1443'
	option vpn_dns0 '10.9.0.1'
	option vpn_dns1 '10.8.0.1'
	option persistent_keepalive '25'
	option route_allowed_ips '1'
	option upgrade '0'
	option apifix '1'
	option description 'TorGuard - Dedicated - tg0'
	option endpoint_host '192.252.213.198'
	option tgprivkey 'wLyyyzYaox1HKXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXbou9lo='
	option tgpubkey '03FhlS2XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI='
	option wgapipubkey '03FhlS2XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXog6BoGVPFI='
	option apifixtimeout '1d'

config serverlist
	option json '/etc/torguard/wireguard.json'

config specification 'spec_wireguard_proto'
	list proto 'udp'

config specification 'spec_wireguard_ports'
	list port '1443'

config specification 'spec_openvpn_proto'
	list proto 'udp'
	list proto 'tcp'

config specification 'spec_openvpn_ports'
	list port '22'
	list port '53'
	list port '80'
	list port '389'
	list port '501'
	list port '443'
	list port '995'
	list port '1195'
	list port '1198'
	list port '1215'
	list port '1912'
	list port '4443'
	list port '9201'

config specification 'spec_openvpn_cipher'
	list cipher 'aes-128-gcm'

config specification 'spec_openvpn_auth'
	list auth 'sha1'
	list auth 'sha256'
	list auth 'sha512'

config specification 'spec_oc'
	list proto 'tcp'
	list proto 'udp'
	list port '443'

config specification 'spec_dns_us1'
	option name 'TorGuard Public DNS - USA'
	list dns '104.223.91.194,104.223.91.210'

config specification 'spec_dns_cloudflare'
	option name 'Cloudflare'
	list dns '1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1'

config specification 'spec_dns_google'
	option name 'Google'
	list dns '8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4'

config specification 'spec_dns_opendns'
	list dns '4.2.2.2,4.2.2.3'
	list dns '208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220'
	option name 'OpenDNS'

config specification 'spec_dns_quad9'
	option name 'Quad9'
	list dns '9.9.9.9'

config specification 'spec_proxy_hostnames'
	list hostname 'proxy.torguard.org'
	list hostname 'proxy.torguard.io'
	list hostname 'proxy.secureconnect.me'

config specification 'spec_socks5'
	list port '1080'
	list port '1085'
	list port '1090'

config specification 'spec_proxy_http'
	list port '6060'
	list port '1337'
	list port '1338'
	list port '1339'
	list port '1340'
	list port '1341'
	list port '1342'
	list port '1343'

config specification 'spec_proxy_ssl'
	list port '23'
	list port '592'
	list port '778'
	list port '489'
	list port '282'
	list port '993'
	list port '465'
	list port '7070'
set globalVars
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
wget: OK - found: - /usr/bin/wget
Set script messages
initialize luci configs
Found bin: /usr/bin/tgfunctions ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/tginit ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/tginit-uci-basic ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/tginstall ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/tguninstall ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/tgsetup ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/tgupgrade ... not downloading
Found bin: /usr/bin/speedperf ... not downloading
dI1mOMT8mRwIDfOfBJc=
cfg01df4d
cfg02df4d
cfg0328fd
cfg045b80
cfg058a39
cfg066b78
cfg0795a6
cfg0895a6
cfg0995a6
cfg0a95a6
cfg0b95a6
cfg0c95a6
cfg0d95a6
cfg0e95a6
cfg0f95a6
cfg1095a6
cfg1195a6
cfg1295a6
cfg1395a6
cfg1495a6
cfg1595a6
cfg1695a6
cfg1795a6
get TGUSER value... XXXXanoXXXX
get TGPASS value... XXXXXXX
get WGIFNR value... 0
get FIREWALLZONE value... 1
get WGINTERFACE value... wg
get NOHOSTROUTE value... 0
get TGUSER value... 51820
get MTU value... 1420
get FWMARK value... 0xFE
get DELEGATE value (use IPv6) ... 0
get ROUTEALLOWEDIPS value... 1
get KEEPALIVE value... 25
get ENDPOINT value... 192.252.213.198
get WGPRIVKEY value... wLyyyzYaox1HK1+7wXXXXXXXXXXIj6fXinebou9lo=
get WGAPIPUBKEY value... 03FhlS2c1ELpAmbkYLvXXXXXXXXXXXXDaog6BoGVPFI=
get WGUPGRADE value... 0
get WGAPIFIX value... 1
get WGAPIFIXTIMEOUT value... 1d
get ENPOINTPORT value... 1443
starting /usr/bin/tginstall...
set global vars
dI1mOMT8mRwIDfOfBJc=
consturct download and git vars (requirement for setTginitMsgs), set Info message Variables passed by script, usage info, examples vars and current script messages
---
Example single ip usage:
  tginit "VPNUsername" "VPNPass" "wg" "0" "0" "41820" "1420" "AA" "25" "0" "1" "1" "AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJLLL=" "1.2.3.4:1443" 
---
Example serverlist usage:
    tginit "VPNUsername" "VPNPass" "wg" "0" "1" "41820" "1420" "AA" "25" "0" "0" "1" "AAAABBBBCCCCDDDDEEEEFFFFGGGGHHHHIIIIJJJJLLL=" "1.2.3.4:1443 5.6.7.8:1443 9.10.11.12:1443"
---
In example about with serverlist:	route allowed ip's is disabled for each entry
									Do not create host routes to peers enabled, please uncheck before use.
---
Cleanup/Uninstall:
   rm -f /usr/bin/tgapitest /usr/bin/tginit      /usr/bin/tginstall      /usr/bin/tginit-uci-basic      /etc/init.d/tgapi      /etc/config/torguard
---
Download with curl:
    curl -o /usr/bin/tginit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tginit && chmod +x /usr/bin/tginit
    curl -o /usr/bin/tginstall https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tginstall && chmod +x /usr/bin/tginstall
---
Download with wget
 	wget -O /usr/bin/tginit https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tginit && chmod +x /usr/bin/tginit
 	wget -O /usr/bin/tginstall https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TorGuard/openwrt-scripts/master/usr/bin/tginstall && chmod +x /usr/bin/tginstall
---
Change your credentials and server:
	  TGSERVERLIST='123.123.123.123:1443 124.125.124.125:1443'
	  sed -i 's/YourVPNUsername//' /usr/bin/tginstall
	  sed -i 's/YourVPNPassword//' /usr/bin/tginstall
	  sed -i 's/TorguardServer1:1443 TorguardServer2:1443 TorguardServer3:1443/192.252.213.198:1443/' /usr/bin/tginstall
---
--- # Variables passed by script --- TorGuard VPN username: ninjanoir78 TorGuard VPN password: HBKpMict..2Udx2 Wireguard interface name: wg Wireguard interface number: 0 do not create host routes to peers: 0 UDP port for out-/incoming packets: 51820 Maximum Transmission Unit of tunnel: 1420 32-bit mark for outgoing packets: 0xFE Seconds between keep alive messages: 25 Use builtin IPv6-management: 0 Route allowed IPs: 1 TorGuard firewall zone: 1 TorGuard wireguard private key: wLyyyzYaox1HK1+7wPIda0hC8+rHsIj6fXinebou9lo= API Fix /usr/bin/tgapitest API Fix timeout 1d Sevice file path /etc/init.d/tgapi TorGuard Server List: 192.252.213.198:1443 ---
API key from /etc/config/torguard OK - wLyyyzYaox1HXXXXXXXXXXXX6fXinebou9lo=
createwgpubkey... generating public key ... OK: 03FhlS2c1ELpXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD2X1PDaog6BoGVPFI=
set vars for server for ip: 192.252.213.198:1443 ...
PORT: 51820
FWMARK: fe
Wireguard interface number: 0
Description: wg0 (TorGuard)
Firewall zone: wan
Endpoint host: 192.252.213.198
Endpoint port: 1443
delete wireguard interface with same name... (192.252.213.198:1443)
delete existing default peer 0 and commit changes...
delete existing wireguard interface and commit changes...
restart network...
'radio2' is disabled
my current IP address after deletion of wg0: 24.XX.XX.57
using API key from /etc/config/torguard: OK (wLyyyzYaox1HK1+XXXXXXXXXXsIj6fXinebou9lo=)
createwgpubkey... generating public key ... OK: 03FhlS2cXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX2X1PDaog6BoGVPFI=
USED PUBLIC AND API KEYS:
Private: wLyyyzYaox1HK1+7wXXXXXXXXXXXXXXIj6fXinebou9lo=
Public:  03FhlS2c1ELpAmbXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDaog6BoGVPFI=
API Public key:03FhlS2c1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX7D2X1PDaog6BoGVPFI=
API: https://XXXXXXXXX:[email protected]:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI=
#!/bin/sh
# Copyright (c) 2021 TorGuard forum user 19807409
# endless loop running every 1 minutes (60 seconds)
WAITTIME=1d
while true
do
	/usr/bin/wget --ca-certificate /etc/torguard/ca.crt -qO- https://ninXXXXXXXXXX:[email protected]:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=03FhlS2c1ELpXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXog6BoGVPFI=
	sleep ${WAITTIME}
done
Make cronjob script executable: /usr/bin/tgapitest
#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common
# Copyright (c) 2021 TorGuard forum user 19807409

START=50
STOP=50

USE_PROCD=1

reload_service() {
	procd_send_signal /usr/bin/tgapitest
}

start_service() {
	procd_open_instance
	procd_set_param command /usr/bin/tgapitest
	procd_set_param respawn
	procd_close_instance
}
Make init script executable: /etc/init.d/tgapi
Public key: 
Peer server: 
IP Addresses: 
Allowd IPs: 
DNS1: 
DNS2: 
Endpoint host: 
Endpoint Port: 
Expiration date epoch: 
create new wireguard interface with torguards server: 192.252.213.198:1443
add new network interface (torguard wireguard interface)
cfg066d96
rename new interface to: wg0
set new interface's proto: wireguard
set new interface's private key: wLyyyzYaoXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfXinebou9lo=
set new interface's listen port: 51820
set new interface's addresses: 
set new interface's MTU (default 1420): 1420
set new interface's fwmark (default 0xFE): 0xfe
use of builtin IPv6-management (disabled by default, 0): 0
set new interface's nohostrouter (disabled by default, 0): 0
add wireguard peer wg0
cfg0796fc
add wireguard peer wg0 description: wg0 (TorGuard)
add wireguard peer wg0 public key: 
add wireguard peer wg0 allowed ip's: 
add wireguard peer wg0 Endpoint host: 
add wireguard peer wg0 Endpoint port: 
add wireguard peer wg0 Keepalive: 25
add wireguard peer wg0 Route allowed ip's: 1
commit network ...
Add created wireguard interface to lan zone (this will overwrite any other [email protected][0].network setting, please recheck if using non default settings)
'radio2' is disabled
TGINIT - RESULTS

Show Network inteface: wg0
network.wg0=interface
network.wg0.proto='wireguard'
network.wg0.private_key='wLyyyzYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXinebou9lo='
network.wg0.listen_port='51820'
network.wg0.addresses=''
network.wg0.mtu='1420'
network.wg0.fwmark='0xfe'
network.wg0.delegate='0'
network.wg0.nohostroute='0'
network.cfg0796fc=wireguard_wg0
network.cfg0796fc.description='wg0 (TorGuard)'
network.cfg0796fc.allowed_ips=''
network.cfg0796fc.persistent_keepalive='25'
network.cfg0796fc.route_allowed_ips='1'
wait 10 seconds before checking for current IP...
IP ADDRESS - 		24.XX.XXX.57
Torguard wireguard initialization finished, please reboot to complete
install speedperf: yes
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/base/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/base/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/luci/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/luci/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/packages/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/packages/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/routing/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/routing/Packages.gz

apifix:         enabled
apifixtimeout:  1d
Enable apifixtimeout service: yes
tgapi status: running
tginstall script finished
### â„¹ï¸ How to FAQ - Torguard wireguard server ###
How to show your configs
- Show full torguard config:      uci show torguard
- Show only default server:       uci show [email protected]_tg0[0]

How to set your configs
- Set/edit/change server:             uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].endpoint_host='173.244.200.119'
- Set/edit/change description:        uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].description='wg0 (TorGuard)'
- Set/edit/change allowed ips:        uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].allowed_ips='0.0.0.0/0'
- Set/edit/change endpoint port:      uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].endpoint_port='1443'
- Set/edit/change keepalive:          uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].persistent_keepalive='25'
- Set/edit/change route allowed ip's: uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].route_allowed_ips='1'
- Remove allowed ips list entry:      uci del_list [email protected]_tg0[0].allowed_ips='0.0.0.0/0'
- Add additional allowed ips:         uci add_list [email protected]_tg0[0].allowed_ips='0.0.0.0/0'

After changing value with uci, you have to commit changes
- Commit changes:                 uci commit torguard

Also, public key is not from me, they only asked me the private. And the script seems to have created the public, it is not the one from my torguard config generator.

14 minutes ago, James8078 said:

Also, public key is not from me, they only asked me the private. And the script seems to have created the public, it is not the one from my torguard config generator.

thanks for the log, yes, public key is always delivered from private key. You can share your public key with other users etc.. but you should never share your private key with anybody.

From what I see in your log, it clearly runs but does not get any reply from api, that is clear because those values are empty:

set new interface's proto: wireguard
set new interface's private key: wLyyyzYaoXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXfXinebou9lo=
set new interface's listen port: 51820
set new interface's addresses: 
set new interface's MTU (default 1420): 1420
set new interface's fwmark (default 0xFE): 0xfe
use of builtin IPv6-management (disabled by default, 0): 0
set new interface's nohostrouter (disabled by default, 0): 0
add wireguard peer wg0
cfg0796fc
add wireguard peer wg0 description: wg0 (TorGuard)
add wireguard peer wg0 public key: 
add wireguard peer wg0 allowed ip's: 
add wireguard peer wg0 Endpoint host: 
add wireguard peer wg0 Endpoint port: 
add wireguard peer wg0 Keepalive: 25
add wireguard peer wg0 Route allowed ip's: 1

This happens if api does not deliver a reply, as example wrong username/pass, or server. However, assuming everything is correct, the only issue which is known to cause it if your public key has special signs. According to the log, it builds following api url:

API: https://XXXXXXXXX:[email protected]:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI=

Can you open that url in your browser and tell me if API delivers you any result?

If you get a reply that for this key no config can be created or similar, then convert please your public key

03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI=

into url encoded format (here you can do it).

03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI%3d

Then open your api with url encoded key:

https://XXXXXXXXX:[email protected]:1443/api/v1/setup?public-key=03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI%3d

This should then deliver a reply from server, if it does, you know that those settings are correct, to fix it, you do not need to reinstall, simply set your api pubkey with:

uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].wgapipubkey='03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI%3d'

then run tginstall and it should work.

Not all public keys have signs which have to be converted, but some have for that reason I wrote urlencode where urlencode is for now disabled as it was buggy and I did not have time to finish it, but will reenable it sometime next week.

I will try the url just after that, I uninstall an hour ago and now start again, I dont know if it could be one of the  problem, but between : ''Do you want to install/reinstall required dependencies (y/n)?'' and that : ''APIFIX INFO''

So, the script seems to download many packages to my build, probable opkg update/upgrade, but I can't with my custom build,  snapshot/master... so here :

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/base/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/base/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/luci/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/luci/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/packages/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/packages/Packages.gz

Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/routing/Packages.gzCollected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/base/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/luci/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/routing/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.

*** Failed to download the package list from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu//packages/arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16/routing/Packages.gz

installing dependency packages installs simply wireguard packages, errors which you see are failed opkg update, it fails to download package lists, meaning that your device is not online which would be explanation of why api does not deliver you any reply.

Why are you offline?

54 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

According to the log, it builds following api url:

Can you open that url in your browser and tell me if API delivers you any result?

here the result from api url: (from new script) 

Whitelabel Error Page

This application has no explicit mapping for /error, so you are seeing this as a fallback.
Thu Jan 14 23:56:46 UTC 2021
There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).
Can not add peer with public key '7v9J/PNAM 5GCZ2oxK3Dht3LSpZMhKpbFcQylx7ubBs=' and IP 10.xx.xxx.225/32. /usr/bin/wg returned with exit value 1

ok so I did  the url thing to change, it is working, I got respond from server, the infos are correct, dont know where I had to put :

uci set [email protected]_tg0[0].wgapipubkey='03FhlS2c1EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPDaog6BoGVPFI%3d'

I paste in my terminal and reinstall after that, after, the wg interface in open wrt, is gone 😉 lol

20 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

installing dependency packages installs simply wireguard packages, errors which you see are failed opkg update, it fails to download package lists, meaning that your device is not online which would be explanation of why api does not deliver you any reply.

Why are you offline?

no, Im online, as I said I cant download with my build, but I can manualy