TorGuard
Chinaa108

SORTED! Install Wireguard on Wireguard app or Router

Rate this topic

Chinaa108

I think I have figured out how to make wireguard work on the wireguard app/router. Using a MAC only

First we need to connect to wireguard using the torguard app and then close the app. Look into the log files for the torguard app to find the keys etc.

Log file location is in the app. Make sure you enable it and restart the app for it to start logging.

FOR [INTERFACE] Part

look in this file you will a line like this "MacOSXUtilities"  ===  "stdout"  ==>>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=/ the xxx... is your private key!

look for "client_ipv4" that is your address

DNS: 1.1.1.1 (this is what I used and it works)

Delete the listening port.

FOR [PEER] Part

look for "server_public_key" this  is your public key

Allowed Ip = 0.0.0.0/0

Endpoint = dedicated ip:1443

persistent keep alive = 25

Thats it save file and enjoy!

Now Im not sure if the private key mentioned above changes everyday looking at my log files it looks like it does! if it does change then you'll have to change the config everyday - I hope this is not the case but I think it is. I am not a technical person so if it doesn't work, I don't think I could provide the troubleshooting required.

Hope this helps someone.

Chinaa108

The only error I have experienced is that my ip shown is not my dedicated Ip but its my "ALT" IP. 

Support

Well done :) we are close to finishing a wireguard config generator which will help make the process much easier :)

Regards

Chinaa108

@support any idea why my IP is getting the alt IP instead of the dedicated IP? I've tried using the alt IP instead but it still shows up as the ALT IP. Please do let me know

Support
3 hours ago, Chinaa108 said:

@support any idea why my IP is getting the alt IP instead of the dedicated IP? I've tried using the alt IP instead but it still shows up as the ALT IP. Please do let me know

You need to use the internal IP assigned, you will see that on the TG interface - can you post your config omitting any sensitive info?

Regards

22 hours ago, Support said:

Well done :) we are close to finishing a wireguard config generator which will help make the process much easier :)

Regards

Config gen would be good, I already suggested it in some other thread. You probably could look up at this (I wrote it just as scratch, can be pretty printed but it does exactly what it should and lets me recreate it at any time), it might give you ideas if you did not finish yours. You can add as many servers as you want with one command. You could release also own app for openwrt, probably also ddwrt with some additions etc.. . I do not require for myself something like luci-app-torguard-* or luci-app-full with openvpn, wireguard, opeconnect (maybe l2tp etc if the size allows it for specific router models).

However, the method for luci is quite the same for all, in ubuntu and debian only firewall part and interface creation would differ.

The script from guide would require adaption only if you change your api in the way that required data differs, like as example var names in api reply.

For mac, I do believe also all commands are available and as for debian and ubuntu, firewall and interface creation part would differ in simply creating wg0.conf on the fly, where in Luci no files are created and no keys are saved somewhere, the config is placed into /etc/config/network. Port forwarding and rest works too but the guide would be out of scope if addressing some advanced ways of how it could be used.

I might write a guide how one can create it all in browser, it is also very easy on openwrt.

Chinaa108
14 hours ago, Support said:

You need to use the internal IP assigned, you will see that on the TG interface - can you post your config omitting any sensitive info?

Regards

Thanks for the reply. I used the internal IP assigned as well and it shows me the same internal IP when I connect using both the internal or dedicated IP. 

Here is the config

# TorGuard WireGuard Config
[Interface]
PrivateKey = qDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
DNS = 1.1.1.1
Address = 1x.1x.6x.1xx/32

[Peer]
Endpoint = dedicated ip(8x.xxx.xxx.xxx) or internal ip (1xx.xxx.xxx.xxx):1443
PublicKey = JAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
PersistentKeepalive = 25