TorGuard
Milo6T

Can't re-install Torguard on Mageia due to libxkbcommon-x11 dependency

Rate this question

Question

Milo6T

I have just re-installed my Mageia 7.1 system onto a new SSD.

After successfully updating the system files I have been installing my applications.

When I  try to install Torguard I get an error msg:  

"Some packages cannot be installed: torguard-4-0-1-0.x86_64 (due to unsatisfied libxkbcommon-x11) Continue installation anyway? Abort or Okay" 

I searched he previous posts and found some entries but no solutions that work. I also found (as did others) a package named  ' libxkbcommon-x11-s0'  (No good.

I have also installed these (Also to no9  avail!):

libxkbcommon0-0.8.4-1.mga7.i586.rpm

lib64xkbcommon0-0.8.4-1.mga7.x86_64.rpm

So what is going on???? This has never happened in the past when I have installed Torguard.

So what do I have to do to obtain and install this file/s to make Torguard install?  

3 answers to this question

you need to install it, not sure on which architecture you are and if you use any package manager, if you use yum, try something like this:

sudo yum install libxkbcommon-x11-0

those packages which you have installed are wrong and you installed also different architectures

Milo6T

Whoops, I hadn't noticed that I had installed for different architectures, I was just desperately looking for a solution and overlooked that.

I'm on x86_64.

I don't know why this is suddenly an issue when TG has always happily installed in the past.

Anyway, a person on the Mageia forums assisted me - pointing to a topic I had posted a while ago that also included TG not starting. In that answer was my solution.

Anyway, TG is installed, but still isn't functioning (see attached screen dump).

As part of the procedure to start TG, I set my firewall to accept "everything", then I start TG and when it is "connected" and "verified", I then reset my firewall back to the normal settings. So why would this be failing when the FW is wide open? Is there ports that I have to configure (that I have forgotten about since the original install of TG a couple of years ago on my original Mageia 7.1 system)

Any help greatly appreciated. although I won't be in a position to anything about it as I am going away tomorrow morning for a week.

Error msg - cannot connect to VPN mge port in Firewall - Screenshot_20200919_130018.png

please install latest version downloaded from dowloads, the bug you made a screenshot from was resolved, beside that it clearly shows you used 4.0.1 where v4.1.1 is available as well as there was also 4.1.0.