• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• pfailax

• Morphy

• Support

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hi, Apologies for not responding sooner. Weirdly, that behavior has now stopped - it happened about 5 times within the first hour after updating to v4.1.1, but has not happened again in over

Posted Images

I use TG WG on Rasp, TG gui client on Mac , IPhone, MacBook , Intel Nuc with Ubuntu Desktop . 
Dont need port forwarding for Rasp and since WG use less CPU than OpenVPN , then I have WG on Rasp ;)

1 hour ago, Morphy said:

I use TG WG on Rasp, TG gui client on Mac , IPhone, MacBook , Intel Nuc with Ubuntu Desktop . 
Dont need port forwarding for Rasp and since WG use less CPU than OpenVPN , then I have WG on Rasp ;)

Don't you use torrents on rasp pi4?

On 9/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, Morphy said:

Nope - I went back to OpenVPN by the way, seems much faster for for me.

I formatted the OS and reinstalled Wireguard and now goes well and fast.

3 minutes ago, Morphy said:

Great happy you solved it :)

Thanks to your guide!Now I have oher little problems but not related to Torguard.So if you want we can hear through email to compare our experiences with Rasp Pi4.

Laptop has Ver 4.1.1 - Keep getting the cannot block outside dns error like others are reporting. Also says connected but no internet connection. I switched from Wireguard to OpenVPN and it works and now tells me there is an update. I'm almost afraid to update at this point.

Desktop has 4.0.1 and no problems.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:26 PM, 19807409 said:

on aarch64 (ubuntu) I had to manually install it,

Can you share the steps of how you installed it? I've been trying on my RPi4 Ubuntu MATE and I get an error about dependencies.

3 hours ago, jdaosk said:

Can you share the steps of how you installed it? I've been trying on my RPi4 Ubuntu MATE and I get an error about dependencies.

Sure, a guide was written:

37 minutes ago, jdaosk said:

Oh, you meant WG. Thought you meant that you managed to manually install the TG UI.

Thanks anyway.

Yes, sorry if I confused you. RPi4 is kinda same as Rock Pi4 (rock pi4 managed to relase it before raspberry and rock is actually way better device, mainly as you can run m2 disks on it, I managed to get with USB3 in RAID0 in a lvm speeds of 1600Mbits read/write, rpi4 cant be even close to that, m2 disks in single reach easily 1000Mbits read and write).

For TorGuard client you will have to wait some short time until they compiled it for aarch64, guess one of issues they might have is no availability of wireguard on repos for aarch64 and that it has to be  compiled, to include then wireguard in a package would probably require static builds which have to be tested first, on arm wireguard can be installed from PPA and its kinda big task to offer support for wireguard packages too, however, this is in works as well as wireguard is available on ubuntu 20.04 and later which resolves the issue.

On my rocks I run 20.04, did not check for rpi4, but assume you there is 20.04 version. On rock, if you want to use kernel 5, you have to actually compile it all by yourself as only 4.4 is officially available but even that will change quite soon and we will see kernel 5.