• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• pfailax

• Morphy

• Support

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hi, Apologies for not responding sooner. Weirdly, that behavior has now stopped - it happened about 5 times within the first hour after updating to v4.1.1, but has not happened again in over

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Support said:

What email did you send this from?

I sent it in with the email associated with my TG VPN and TG Forum email. I will submit again via a ticket.

Support
On 9/17/2020 at 3:55 AM, C.C. said:

4.1.1 on windows 10 2004 build 19041.508 with kaspersky antivirus is having registry reading errors "RegGetValue failed with UNKNOWN(2)" when doing the block dns portion, which leaves it with an empty list and thus dns blocking fails and torguard does its best to keep all traffic blocked. I tried reinstalling and rebooting several times but got the same error.

Here is the probably the most relevant excerpt of the log for 4.1.1:

"Blocking outside DNS"
includeCurrentVPN  true  includeAllVPNs  false  includeLoopback  false  includeUp  false  includeDown  false
"Adapter[adapterName={redacted},friendlyName=Ethernet,ifType=6,ifIndex=26,ifIndexIPv6=0,staticNameServers=[],componentId=PCI\\VEN_REDACTED&DEV_REDACTED&SUBSYS_REDACTED&REV_12]"  includeCurrentVPN  false  includeAllVPNs  false  includeLoopback  false  includeUp  false  includeDown  true
Adapter rejected
Can not read value of ComponentId, skipping registry key "SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Class\\{redacted}\\0022" , error message:  "RegGetValue failed with UNKNOWN(2)"
!---- snip -------- snip --- working through the list of adapters pretty much a repeat of above errors-------snip ---------!
"Error blocking OutsideDNS! Adapter list is empty!"
DaemonFrontendCloser::error -  "Could not block outside DNS-Servers,\nplease check your firewall settings!"  ,  ""
Daemon::error -  "Could not block outside DNS-Servers,\nplease check your firewall settings!"  ,  ""
TrayIcon::error -  "Could not block outside DNS-Servers,\nplease check your firewall settings!"  ,  ""
MainWindow::error -  "Could not block outside DNS-Servers,\nplease check your firewall settings!"  ,  ""
includeCurrentVPN  true  includeAllVPNs  false  includeLoopback  false  includeUp  false  includeDown  false

Rolling back to 4.1.0 fixes the problem.

"Blocking outside DNS"
"Adapter[adapterName={redacted},friendlyName=Ethernet,ifType=6,ifIndex=26,ifIndexIPv6=0,staticNameServers=[],componentId=PCI\\VEN_REDACTED&DEV_REDACTED&SUBSYS_REDACTED&REV_12]"  includeCurrentVPN  false  includeAllVPNs  false  includeLoopback  false  includeUp  false  includeDown  true
Adapter rejected
!----snip -----snip -----. working through the list of adapters pretty much a repeat of above, working smoothly------snip ---- snip--------!
Blocking IPv4 port 53 (DNS)
Blocking IPv6 port 53 (DNS)
No VPN executable to allow
Allow TAP adapter IPv4 port 53 (DNS)
Allow TAP adapter IPv6 port 53 (DNS)

Can you try this test version and report back if it works please?

https://torguard.net/downloads/torguard-setup-v4.1.2-pre.2+g449d2b5.test.exe

Support
On 9/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, SplittingDistant said:

Release torguard-v4.1.1, 2020-09-15

I'm seeing strange Task Bar Icon behavior since upgrading to v4.1.1 - once connected via OpenVPN the taskbar icon disappears after a few minutes, although the Torguard client seems to still be running. This does not seem to happen when connecting via Wireguard.

The period of time before the Task Bar Icon disappears seems pretty variable - it's been visible now for about 5 minutes - the longest it's managed so far.............

I'd really like to revert to v4.1.0 pending a fix - it would be nice if Torguard kept older versions available, just in case.

We are unable to reproduce this problem - do you by chance have auto start on boot enabled? is this a laptop?

SplittingDistant

Hi,

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Weirdly, that behavior has now stopped - it happened about 5 times within the first hour after updating to v4.1.1, but has not happened again in over two days.

So, I guess we should just forget about it........................ Unless it happens again!

But in answer to your questions: No auto start on boot, and not a laptop, it's Win10 Intel NUC.

Apologies for messing you about, & I'll just get my coat.

• Like 1
Support
1 hour ago, SplittingDistant said:

Hi,

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Weirdly, that behavior has now stopped - it happened about 5 times within the first hour after updating to v4.1.1, but has not happened again in over two days.

So, I guess we should just forget about it........................ Unless it happens again!

But in answer to your questions: No auto start on boot, and not a laptop, it's Win10 Intel NUC.

Apologies for messing you about, & I'll just get my coat.

Thank you for letting us know, we have been trying all we can to reproduce but couldn't.

Regards

14 hours ago, Support said:

Can you try this test version and report back if it works please?

https://torguard.net/downloads/torguard-setup-v4.1.2-pre.2+g449d2b5.test.exe

I got two thousand eight hundred forty eight "Can not read value of ComponentId, error message:  "RegGetValue failed with UNKNOWN(2)" errors through just about every part of the logfile as adapter iterations occur quite often. This error does not occur in 4.1.0 .

It does connect in the end as it gets past the blockdns portion, despite these errors, which was keeping the torguard internet connection from working in 4.1.1

"Blocking outside DNS"
"Adapter[adapterName={redactd},friendlyName=Ethernet,ifType=6,ifIndex=26,ifIndexIPv6=0,staticNameServers=[],componentId=PCI\\VEN_10EC&DEV_REDACTED&SUBSYS_REDACTED&REV_REDACTED]"  includeCurrentVPN  false  includeAllVPNs  false  includeLoopback  false  includeUp  false  includeDown  true
Adapter rejected
Can not read value of ComponentId, error message:  "RegGetValue failed with UNKNOWN(2)"
------------ snip iterates through the adapters getting UNKNOWN(2) errors ----------------------
Friendly Name Adapter not targeted - remove from the list:  "torguard-wg"
Blocking Outside DNS... "{redacted-torguard-wg-apadpter-guid}" ""

Support
2 hours ago, C.C. said:

I got two thousand eight hundred forty eight "Can not read value of ComponentId, error message:  "RegGetValue failed with UNKNOWN(2)" errors through just about every part of the logfile as adapter iterations occur quite often. This error does not occur in 4.1.0 .

It does connect in the end as it gets past the blockdns portion, despite these errors, which was keeping the torguard internet connection from working in 4.1.1

"Blocking outside DNS"
"Adapter[adapterName={redactd},friendlyName=Ethernet,ifType=6,ifIndex=26,ifIndexIPv6=0,staticNameServers=[],componentId=PCI\\VEN_10EC&DEV_REDACTED&SUBSYS_REDACTED&REV_REDACTED]"  includeCurrentVPN  false  includeAllVPNs  false  includeLoopback  false  includeUp  false  includeDown  true
Adapter rejected
Can not read value of ComponentId, error message:  "RegGetValue failed with UNKNOWN(2)"
------------ snip iterates through the adapters getting UNKNOWN(2) errors ----------------------

Can you email me the full log please to [email protected] - thanks

Support
5 hours ago, C.C. said:

"Blocking outside DNS"
Adapter rejected

Please try this build: https://torguard.net/downloads/torguard-setup-v4.1.2-pre.8+g42cdcbe.test.exe

Let me know how you go - thanks

I have a raspberry pi 4, I installed torguard and vpn from Terminal, but torrents speeds are very slow (i tried ubuntu torrent  and it went at 1Mb/s), with windows all perfect.Is there a visual app for raspian OS, or another OS officially supported from Raspberry Pi4?

12 hours ago, Morphy said:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=277111

You get the info for the servers on Wireguard network from TorGuard menu :)

. Just activate and download config . Follow the guide ( not server ) . Then you are good to go. 

In peer1.conf I must copy and paste what I see in the config file I downloaded from torguard server?Or I must insert local private and public key? 

Here is what you do: 

First go to : https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=277111

Do this on the rasp4: 

Code: Select all

1) sudo su

2) apt install raspberrypi-kernel-headers libelf-dev libmnl-dev build-essential git

3) git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat

4) git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-tools

Compile and install the module

5) make -C wireguard-linux-compat/src -j$(nproc)

6) sudo make -C wireguard-linux-compat/src install

Compile and install the wg(8) tool

7) make -C wireguard-tools/src -j$(nproc)

8) sudo make -C wireguard-tools/src install

9) sudo perl -pi -e 's/#{1,}?net.ipv4.ip_forward ?= ?(0|1)/net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1/g' /etc/sysctl.conf 10 sudo reboot

10 sudo reboot

After rebooting, verify that IP Forwarding was enabled before proceeding to the next part. To do that enter the following, your output will be 1:

Type : sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward

Should post output 1

Then: 

sudo su

cd /etc/wireguard

In there you make a Wireguard VPN profile ( config )

sudo nano /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf

Go to https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-wireguard enable a server and download the config. 

Copy paste the info from the file into wg0.conf and save.

To start up Wireguard with the profile at boot/reboot

sudo systemctl enable [email protected]

Start wireguard manually

sudo systemctl start [email protected]

check if you get the server ip from TG :

curl ifconfig.me , and you see the ip to the left of the ssh screen.

9 minutes ago, Morphy said:

Here is what you do: 

First go to : https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=277111

Do this on the rasp4: 

Code: Select all

1) sudo su

2) apt install raspberrypi-kernel-headers libelf-dev libmnl-dev build-essential git

3) git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat

4) git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-tools

Compile and install the module

5) make -C wireguard-linux-compat/src -j$(nproc)

6) sudo make -C wireguard-linux-compat/src install

Compile and install the wg(8) tool

7) make -C wireguard-tools/src -j$(nproc)

8) sudo make -C wireguard-tools/src install

9) sudo perl -pi -e 's/#{1,}?net.ipv4.ip_forward ?= ?(0|1)/net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1/g' /etc/sysctl.conf 10 sudo reboot

10 sudo reboot

After rebooting, verify that IP Forwarding was enabled before proceeding to the next part. To do that enter the following, your output will be 1:

Type : sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward

Should post output 1

Then: 

sudo su

cd /etc/wireguard

In there you make a Wireguard VPN profile ( config )

sudo nano /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf

Go to https://torguard.net/tgconf.php?action=vpn-wireguard enable a server and download the config. 

Copy paste the info from the file into wg0.conf and save.

To start up Wireguard with the profile at boot/reboot

sudo systemctl enable [email protected]

Start wireguard manually

sudo systemctl start [email protected]

check if you get the server ip from TG :

curl ifconfig.me , and you see the ip to the left of the ssh screen.

I must compile /etc/wireguard/peer1.conf?

53 minutes ago, Morphy said:

Did I write you should do that?

Ok, I leave it blank.

When I do curl ifconfig.me, I see the ip from Torguard.

But If i try to downlad ubuntu torrent i se no seeds and peers and torrent doesn't download.