TorGuard

TorGuard 4.1.0 Wireguard VPN connection issue

Rate this question

Lars A.

Question

6 answers to this question

Definitely had a lot of issues with this as well on multiple computers with various platforms (macOS and Linux).  I'm pretty sure this is a bug with the way the app saves / applies / loads configuration settings.  To work around this, I found that it's best to delete any servers you've configured, click the "Restore Defaults" button (I had to do this even on a fresh installation), and close the app entirely.  Then, I added my server information in the settings and closed the app again.  Afterwards, I am able to log in without the handshake error.  For whatever reason, a combination of resetting to the defaults even on a fresh install and closing the app after every settings change was the only way I was able to get it to authenticate correctly.  Definitely a frustrating bug.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dustkick said:

Definitely had a lot of issues with this as well on multiple computers with various platforms (macOS and Linux).  I'm pretty sure this is a bug with the way the app saves / applies / loads configuration settings.  To work around this, I found that it's best to delete any servers you've configured, click the "Restore Defaults" button (I had to do this even on a fresh installation), and close the app entirely.  Then, I added my server information in the settings and closed the app again.  Afterwards, I am able to log in without the handshake error.  For whatever reason, a combination of resetting to the defaults even on a fresh install and closing the app after every settings change was the only way I was able to get it to authenticate correctly.  Definitely a frustrating bug.

This worked for me too! Restored to default, quit the app, logged in using OpenVPN and then switched to Wireguard.

I hope they fix this!

Yep "Restore Defaults" in the settings worked for me too. It's a fresh install on Pop!_OS so I was skeptical this would be the answer but it worked.

Version 4.4.0