TorGuard

VPN Questions

Rate this question

Question

Ok, so I have two problems Im looking for a VPN to solve:

1) My ISP (Cox) has given us 5 warnings, and is threatening to cut off our internet if they catch us again (perm ban on address). I subscribed to the VPN, so can I for sure download torrents without them knowing?

2) My work has a firewall on everything (of course). Could this let me through them, and can they be tracked back to me?

I ask only because I tried BTGuard out and the service was lousy and it didnt even work. Any help would be appreciated!!

4 answers to this question

Willenator

The Stealth VPN capability helps bypass firewalls that workplaces place on their connections. I use it at work when I need access to a website that our network admins have blocked, and it works really well.

Support

Hello

1) Yes you can be sure while connected to the VPN that they wont see your traffic. You can also implement a killswitch in the event of a disconnection for any reason which will kill your torrent client if the vpn drops.

2) It certainly can but it really depends on what ports they block and what they filter, normally 443 TCP is enough if not then stealth and SSTP are options.

Regards

Is there a way to setup VPN or Viscosity to maintain a constant connection? When my PC goes to sleep, I want the VPN to remain active. also, for some reason if I were to loose the VPN connection, i there a way to drop all internet connectivity regardless of the medium

hi James, you can uncheck the option to power down you interfaces to save power - or you can have Viscosity reconnect on wake instantly.

What is it your trying to prevent leaks to exactly ?

Regards