TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
TorGuard Admin

TorGuard Android App (BETA)

Rate this question

Question

TorGuard Admin

Members,

This weekend we're launching the beta version of our TorGuard OpenVPN android app and we need your help in test driving it.

Do you have a rooted Android device? If so, we'd like to talk to you. Beta testers will receive a FREE copy of the TorGuard OpenVPN app, and two weeks FREE service credit just for lending a helping hand. To join, just reply to this thread, and/or send an email to beta[at]torguard.net. Your free service credit will be sent to you via email or private message.

Watch this forum for the latest news on the release - There will be a GooglePlay download link posted here in the coming hours.

Let us know if you have any questions,

TorGuard Android Dev Team

TorGuard Admin

Thank you all for your interest!

We are very pleased to announce that the TorGuard OpenVPN beta app is now live on Google Play. For a step by step on how to install, please visit this link in our knowledgebase:

http://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=34

Everyone who is participating in our Beta testing program and has replied to this thread will receive a PIN code via private message shortly...

If you want a total novice ... Rooted 1 tablet and (2) phones but never used any VPN service before 2 days ago, and do not torrent.

I would like to help you sir,

i have a samsung galaxy y phone that had been rooted along with cm7..

Definitely count me in... I'd love to help! I have a rooted SGS3 (Vzw), plus a couple of tabs (Asus, Samsung).

Hello,

I have a rooted Google Nexus S 4g, a rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII and a rooted Asus Transformer TF300T tablet. They all run a rooted version of stock JellyBean 4.2.2? or 4.2.1 firmware. I'd love to offer up my services to help you refine your App and/or Service on the Droid platform.

In addition, I've been looking for a new OpenVPN provider to use in general and I was considering your service among a few others'; as such, getting a two week free trial of your service would be wonderful so I can test it out before purchasing a subscription from you. I really hope the offer is still open, I'm certain I'd be of great help. Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing back from you, hopefully with details on getting set up. Please reply via email if possible. I also sent u a PM just in case.

Best Regards

Annonymous

I got rooted note 4 and note 10.1 tablet. All run custom roms with custom kernels.

Tablet is on kitkat and phone is on lollipoop.

I have tried the torguard app on lollipoop/note 4 mobile and its stuck on the connect screen and nothing happens when i click on the connect button...

Android's own vpn in settings works fine on the phone it self but it wont work when i thether it to laptop.

While the phone vpn is active and thethered to laptop then the laptop internet dont work but meanwhile on the phone it self it works great.

Would be great if torguard would be fixed to work with note 4 rooted custom lollipoop and support some form of thethering capabillity.

Hope it adds to the beta program.

I will be happy to test futher if needed, just let me know...