TorGuard
Support

iOS Design Concept

Rate this topic

Support

Hey guys,

I know you have all been asking for some time for a new design - we are thinking of something like the following for all platforms, let us know your thoughts:

Regards

Screenshot_2020-08-31_at_14_10_14.png

• Like 3

Kratos

Looks nice and I appreciate the dark theme as some VPN apps have way too much white in the interface and it's almost blinding. 

Since this will be across all platforms, can we be reassured that you won't take away functionality of the current apps to make them all more iOS "user friendly".  Ideally on Windows/Android/AndroidTV we should still be able to fully customize the app settings i.e the ability to select servers, ciphers, adblock dns, lan bypass etc. 

Other than that fear of losing features I like the look.  Don't lose too much of the Torguard green theme tho. 

Best10VPN

Looks good overall. However, I'm not to sure about the orange, I think maybe a bright neon green or blue would look sweet. I also am not a huge fan of the navy scheme.

Support
3 hours ago, Kratos said:

Looks nice and I appreciate the dark theme as some VPN apps have way too much white in the interface and it's almost blinding. 

Since this will be across all platforms, can we be reassured that you won't take away functionality of the current apps to make them all more iOS "user friendly".  Ideally on Windows/Android/AndroidTV we should still be able to fully customize the app settings i.e the ability to select servers, ciphers, adblock dns, lan bypass etc. 

Other than that fear of losing features I like the look.  Don't lose too much of the Torguard green theme tho. 

Absolutely not, we will keep all functionality - we will have a simple and advanced mode on the desktop side.

1 hour ago, Best10VPN said:

Looks good overall. However, I'm not to sure about the orange, I think maybe a bright neon green or blue would look sweet. I also am not a huge fan of the navy scheme.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - will get that changed.

CiaranVisuals

Really like the modern look of this, very clean and fresh. Maybe look into black and pink similar to PrivateMail, that would look really cool!

• Like 1

Ming Ming
On 8/31/2020 at 9:14 AM, Support said:

Hey guys,

I know you have all been asking for some time for a new design - we are thinking of something like the following for all platforms, let us know your thoughts:

Regards

I just want the orange to be changed to be something more “TorGuard”. Maybe something like green or blue I guess? Also I don’t like the bubble thing around the “connect” button, the app overall might look better if you remove it. Otherwise, this looks even better than some other VPN clients!

Best10VPN

Having an amoled black and neon theme would be amazing. It would be cool if there was three themes, neon green, neon blue, neon pink (like private mail). 

• Thanks 1

I like new design, but I am a guy who would be satisfied by a terminal window too, I really do not put any value on design which I by the way like, be it orange, green or whatever color, important is like support already confirmed that it will not be cut on functionality. Currently I use origianl wireguard client which is also quite good.

Yx2xY
On 8/31/2020 at 3:39 PM, Support said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - will get that changed.

I think orange works great as a warning that you are not connected to any server and thus are unprotected. If it works that way and then when connected to a server changes to a more torguard green as others have suggested then I think it's a great design choice as would visually show when you're being secure and when you're not

Zaheer
On 8/31/2020 at 5:14 PM, Support said:

Hey guys,

Regards

Love the new design! But do add option like ads and tracker blockers plus the most important percentage load of the selected server.

Brainbleach

I really like the new design.

EliteTQ

Can you guys try adding stealth proxy support for iOS or will that be too hard? The app sadly cannot bypass my school wifi and I would love it to if there was a stealth proxy option like in the android or pc version

Ming Ming
15 hours ago, EliteTQ said:

Can you guys try adding stealth proxy support for iOS or will that be too hard? The app sadly cannot bypass my school wifi and I would love it to if there was a stealth proxy option like in the android or pc version

Use Anyconnect!

https://torguard.net/blog/tag/anyconnect/

• Like 1

Ming Ming
On 9/12/2020 at 3:24 PM, EliteTQ said:

Im not that tech savvy but when i try to connect it tells me to add a server address? how do i do that?

Here is the server address list:

https://torguard.net/network/anyconnect/

Remember to disable “Block Untrusted Server” in Anyconnect setting before connect!

blob

Looks nice. Better than pretty looks though would be to make all settings accessible while connected.