TorGuard iOS App 1.5.1

Support

Release torguard-ios-v1.5.1, 2020-08-21
====================================

- Added OpenVPN Support
- Added In-App Purchases by request from Apple
- Many Internal Improvements and bug fixes

Downloads

P.S. If you already have an account you do NOT need to purchase again, please tap "Connect with VPN Credentials" to login directly - we will change the login flow shortly.

We are also working on Wireguard for our next release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Zaheer
11 hours ago, Support said:

- Added OpenVPN Support

Downloads

P.S. If you already have an account you do NOT need to purchase again, please tap "Connect with VPN Credentials" to login directly - we will change the login flow shortly.

A feedback for TG iOS app for ad blocking. And I’m aware you working on DNS Ad Blocking too  

There's another VPN provider called https://www.ivpn.net/antitracker have a look into their AdBlock code and try to add an option like this in your updates ahead for iOS. :)

FYI, I haven't used their service ever just saw their marketing material on their website. 

secretprobation

Are the only encryption options Blowfish and AES 128-CBC?  There’s no setting to manually change this to 128/256 GCM. 

secretprobation

As of now, the best option for me to to make openvpn config files for the nearest locations to me and save them in their app for my iPhone. Shame I can’t configure the settings manually like on the desktop, and that there isn’t transparency about what settings are hard coded. CBC isn’t even an option anymore on the desktop app so it shouldn’t be the default for iOS unless there’s some underlying reason. 

John19
On 8/23/2020 at 9:56 PM, Support said:

Also on Wireguard with Dedicated IPs in the iOS app? Would be awesome if I could have "all" in one app on iOS :)

billybob

Would like to know ...  What happened to my dedicated isp??

It tells me ... “server is not reachable”.

Using this ver. 1.5.1 

rdaf2014

The new IOS version 1.5.1 totally drain the power of my phone. 

I couldn't understand why my phone lost battery so fast over the last couple of days, until I looked at battery usage on my Iphone SE.
Torguard app used 67% of all used power.

So I think you need to look at this version. The previous version wasn't even near this power usage, typically below 10%.

Best regards

Anders

givemewhatipayedfor

I open my app on iOS and my IPs are gone. I log in and it tells me to buy a subscription which I already have. What a shitty scam of a company.

"P.S. If you already have an account you do NOT need to purchase again, please tap "Connect with VPN Credentials" to login directly" Again, total bullshit and lies.

Support
6 minutes ago, givemewhatipayedfor said:

I open my app on iOS and my IPs are gone. I log in and it tells me to buy a subscription which I already have. What a shitty scam of a company.

"P.S. If you already have an account you do NOT need to purchase again, please tap "Connect with VPN Credentials" to login directly" Again, total bullshit and lies.

Excuse me but if you care to close the app, then reopen it, you will see the connect with vpn credentials link under the login form, there is no need to purchase again, so no, it’s not bullshit and lies...

The login flow is changing very soon, hopefully within the next few days.

Ming Ming

Will you add Wireguard support for Android app in the future? And also ad blocking for iOS app, that would be nice!

Support
11 hours ago, Minh Tran said:

Will you add Wireguard support for Android app in the future? And also ad blocking for iOS app, that would be nice!

This is development right now as is ad block and wireguard on iOS yes

Regards

• Like 1
humongous74

There's something wrong with the ios app, first it was eating up my battery power and now its not working at all. I log in and all I get is the spinning wheel then the app crashes. It doesn't work on my iphone and ipad.

Zaheer
On 8/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, Support said:

- Added OpenVPN Support

Downloads

In your new app version 1.5.2 while connected via WiFi with custom DNS 10.26.0.1 connection to Salt Lake City server the app crashes and don’t connects if I remove the dns then it connects. Protocol OpenVPN.

i haven’t tried with other servers yet. On iPhone and iPad both platforms same issue. 

• Support unfeatured and unpinned this topic