TorGuard

TorGuard Icon Disappears from Tray

Rate this question

RCM

Question

Since updating to version 4.01, the green TorGuard icon in the system tray disappears randomly.  I'm still connected but can no longer summon the interface. So if I want to disconnect or change servers, I'm out of luck. Is this a known bug and can you suggest a solution? Also, are WireGuard config files available? I've looked but can't find them. Thanks.

17 answers to this question

Support
8 hours ago, RCM said:

Since updating to version 4.01, the green TorGuard icon in the system tray disappears randomly.  I'm still connected but can no longer summon the interface. So if I want to disconnect or change servers, I'm out of luck. Is this a known bug and can you suggest a solution? Also, are WireGuard config files available? I've looked but can't find them. Thanks.

Hi RCM, it’s not hiding in the system tray at all?

No, it vanishes entirely.  I think I know what you mean by hiding but it's just gone. This happens after I've been connected for a while. It's happened twice while running qbittorrent and once just out of the blue. It's odd because the connection is still good (verified at various check IP sites). I'll also mention that I was using Wireguard in each instance. That might not be relevant. It doesn't appear on the taskbar, either.

Support

Could you enable debugging under the debug tab, set it to log to file, note the location they are held - restart the app, once this happens grab the logs and send them to sysadm[email protected] - please

I have had this happen with earlier releases a couple of times,but was able to click the  ^ up arrow that shows hidden icons located to the bottom right next to the speaker in windows,and then click the green torguard circle which immediately brought back the Disappeared torguard icon.

No, this is different than what you're thinking djsi. It's completely gone. I'm experiencing it as well.

I have it set to have an icon in the task tray, and I keep the program interface up. But they both disappear. Opening up the interface through the executable opens up another one entirely. However, the connection is still working, and can be seen if you hover over the internet connection and when checking the IP. I haven't had it happen when I'm looking at the screen. The 2 times it happened to me, was when I locked my screen and do other things.

I thought it might've been a wireguard thing as it happens when I use that, but it seems not to be.

Support
2 hours ago, List said:

No, this is different than what you're thinking djsi. It's completely gone. I'm experiencing it as well.

I have it set to have an icon in the task tray, and I keep the program interface up. But they both disappear. Opening up the interface through the executable opens up another one entirely. However, the connection is still working, and can be seen if you hover over the internet connection and when checking the IP. I haven't had it happen when I'm looking at the screen. The 2 times it happened to me, was when I locked my screen and do other things.

I thought it might've been a wireguard thing as it happens when I use that, but it seems not to be.

Can you enable debugging + restart the app, then try to reproduce the problem and send the log explaining the issue to [email protected]? thanks

By the way, to the OP, I was able to disconnect by opening up another interface and trying to connect. It'll give a warning, and if you proceed, it'll disconnect the current connection and attempt a new one.

13 hours ago, List said:

By the way, to the OP, I was able to disconnect by opening up another interface and trying to connect. It'll give a warning, and if you proceed, it'll disconnect the current connection and attempt a new one.

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

Is there a way to generate a log? Or does it generate a log when you exit Torguard?

It happened again, but not sure if my logs captured the time it happened, as the last update to it was 3 hours prior from me noticing it.

image.png.16a4ee5c45ba4d1b5f7374c3cb5b3bf2.png

Support
9 hours ago, List said:

Is there a way to generate a log? Or does it generate a log when you exit Torguard?

It happened again, but not sure if my logs captured the time it happened, as the last update to it was 3 hours prior from me noticing it.

image.png.16a4ee5c45ba4d1b5f7374c3cb5b3bf2.png

We are working on this now - what windows 10  version and build number are you running?

Support
11 hours ago, List said:

Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 Build 18362.476.

Thanks, we are onto this.