TorGuard
Lars A.

TorGuard 4.0.1 with wireguard macOS Screen Sharing issue

Rate this question

Question

Lars A.

Hi,

the latest torguard client with wireguard has been really good with bandwith and all but I noticed that I can't seem to do any screen sharing for any of my macOS devices.

Is there any work around regarding this?

5 answers to this question

Support
21 hours ago, Lars A. said:

Hi,

the latest torguard client with wireguard has been really good with bandwith and all but I noticed that I can't seem to do any screen sharing for any of my macOS devices.

Sorry for the delay, does this only happen on wireguard or with openvpn as well?

Regards

LCJR
On 8/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, Lars A. said:

Piling on to this question.  I agree with Lars A, I too am having the same problem, not only does screen sharing no longer function my Apple HomePod no longer connects.  The issue seems to be any shared device on the same network trying to connect to the main computer where I am running TorGuard.  This problem only began with the latest update with the wireguard feature.  Originally I thought this issue was with Apple however after doing some very basic workarounds after following the suggestions on Apple forums such as disconnecting from TorGuard all streaming/screen sharing etc features are restored.  The issue is with the latest TorGuard update.. Any recommendations on resolving this.. Thanks.

EDIT- I found the answer to my issue - Uncheck the firewall in the network tab, viola' ! (this was in an thread)

Hi,

• Like 1

Lars A.

loving this TG client with wireguard, minimal bandwith reduction;

But I noticed if the client is set to autostart/auto-connect on OS startup login, it messes up all other apps during startup thus, making macOS freeze every 2 seconds or worse, gets unresponsive. I have to unplug the ethernet cable to cut trying to connect to the internet, and then macOS quickly resolves all kernel tasks, then I plug it back in to connect.

But sometimes, the internet connection isn't resolved and thus plugging the ethernet back in or connecting back to the network freezes the whole thing up. 

Currently, I'm just setting TG client to autostart but not autoconnect, I have to manually connect it through wireguard as a workaround.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Lars A.
On 8/18/2020 at 3:55 PM, Support said:

Sorry for the delay, does this only happen on wireguard or with openvpn as well?

Regards

Sorry for the late reply.

Found the workaround by unchecking active firewall.