TorGuard

Torguard service shutingdown after sleep/hybernation

Rate this question

Eyup

Question

As of the update a few days ago, each time I wake up my pc from hybrid sleep, the torguard service will appear to be running in the task tray but after a minute or two it disappears and I have to relaunch the client. This has happened twice so far and, only when I am connected to the wireguard service. (note i have not tested otherwise so far so, this could be happening on the other connection types as well) This did not happen on the previous version so i do not know whether it is the new client causing it or wireguard.

I will be doing more testing on my part soon when I get some spare time, until then I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

2 answers to this question

secretprobation

I had the same exact experience except mine was not even during a shutdown. I looked down at my windows taskbar and noticed the green TG icon was gone will I was connected via wireguard. It seems to have shut itself off and the app crashed or closed without warning. 

This seems windows related, on Ubuntu 20.04, 18.04 and fedora 32, none of them crashes the app after recovering from sleep/hibernation. I do not use windows and can not test it now, but  maybe your swap file is not big enough, do you experience the same if you create a swap file with a size at least as big as your memory is available, especially if we speak about hibernation?