TorGuard

I redesigned TorGuard's UI--what do you think?

Rate this topic

Best10VPN

Best10VPN

TorGuard's UI gets a lot of flack for being out of date while still being one of the best apps out there in terms of functionality, user features, and security. Here's what I thought could be an interesting re-design with some various concepts. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I like the idea tom,but I think its a bit to minimal.I really think the green light showing that you are connected or not is important,and also think that the software version should be present as in the original.

I agree. Love the service, hate the clunky Win98 GUI. I tried another VPN last month and the GUI was great. But that was the only thing great about it. Needless to say I stayed here but would really love for them to modernize the app. Maybe have a 'Simple' and 'Advanced' mode as well.

Support
On 8/12/2020 at 8:49 PM, Yogi said:

I agree. Love the service, hate the clunky Win98 GUI. I tried another VPN last month and the GUI was great. But that was the only thing great about it. Needless to say I stayed here but would really love for them to modernize the app. Maybe have a 'Simple' and 'Advanced' mode as well.

We will bet updating the UI very soon, not major but a more rounded modern feel/look - the beginner and advanced modes we already have planned :)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
kurisu

That's more a reskin rather than a redesign.

A redesign to me would be a complete modification of the main UI. I think it could benefit from a change to how connection setups are done (and the process for saving favourite servers), but on the whole a fair amount of information is displayed fairly neatly. The options panels need a bit of reorganisation as there's some quite powerful / dangerous settings (if misconfigured) butted up against more general ones like "auto-login on connection". 

I like having more information shown at a glance, it's all useful. People shouldn't be scared of seeing more info, as long as it's explained. Don't dumb down an interface for no reason...