TorGuard
Support

WireGuard Windows and Mac OS Beta 1

Rate this question

Question

Support

Hey guys,

We have an early beta available, everyones very eager to use it so we thought we would just release this to everyone who wishes to test it - keep in mind this is a very early beta, there will be bugs...

It would be great if you could all please report any bugs you find via this thread - we know occasionally sometimes when you connect you may see an SSL error, this is purely to do with some servers still in the process of being setup, just reconnect again.

To enable Wireguard check it under more settings... --> Network tab, all locations supporting Wireguard should show the Wireguard logo.

Windows: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/torguard-setup-v3.99.4-pre.65+g730448e.test.exe

Mac OS: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/TorGuard-v3.99.4-pre.54+g4139983bd.test.dmg

Linux: 

Let us know how you go - thanks

Regards

• Like 1

g2159687
1 hour ago, Support said:

This is the default port for the time being yes - in regards to Japan, these IP ranges are in different DC's, as we just done with Singapore its likely best we separate into 2 separate Japan locations, I will do that today.

Thanks for your effort towards Japan servers! As you are going to optimize the servers' locations, I'd like to make a request about this, please move some of servers in DC which has this 103.*.*.* IP range to other DCs. Also please consider moving them into IIJ network (instead of original NTT network), while I've tested out that those 2 fast servers (*.*.174.50) are on IIJ, and slow servers are on NTT.

Anyway, it seems like my request is a bit too much😅, please simply ignore it if it's difficult to understand or implement. However, please keep the two fast servers unchanged (*.*.174.50 and 66), as they are the only two servers has <100 ms latency in the whole Torguard network when being connected here. (My poor geographical location is the main cause that I have high latency with the servers so I have nothing to blame, but those two fast servers are the only ones I can rely on so please keep them.) Thanks a lot!

Edit: Fast IIJ network traceroute (from me to *.*.174.66): https://imgur.com/G9NLEwA

Slow NTT network traceroute (from me to *.*.221.186):https://imgur.com/efOK709

The two screenshots are a bit strange as they show that NTT is faster than IIJ, but this situation only happens during <10% of all the time and IIJ is more stable than NTT on screenshots. Also the latency is higher than normal because it's "network busy time" here.

Edited by g2159687

Kratos

Windows 10 (1909)
Initial install over stable version (3.99.3).  Wireguard was previously installed. Servers did not show wireguard icon even after a full system reboot.  But I figure this is because I had the 'Kill Switch' option selected from the previous install since they immediately showed up after connecting then disconnecting from a OpenVPN location. 

1) NYC shows wireguard icon but doesn't connect. It goes through the process of Preparing Wireguard, Starting Wireguard but then sits at Reconnecting as status.

2) Once connected to a working wireguard server, a popup displays 'Could not block outside DNS'. Not sure if this is actually happening or if its just cosmetic. The NewJersey server is hosted on QuadraNet: 

Torguard IP Test shows connected to: 23.226.134.90
Torguard DNS Leak Test shows dns as: 23.226.134.90
DNSleaktest sites (https://dnsleak.com/ and https://dnsleaktest.com/) show connections to 2 servers in their tests: 108.162.213.6 (cloudflare) and 23.226.134.90 (quadranet)

3) There's a slight hang on disconnect where it shows as "not responding" in the app title bar.

4) In the windows task bar if I right click and select Connect then I would expect a quick connection to the last connected server.  Instead I get an error "Insufficient Data Found Please start a connection from the main window"

Speeds are remarkably better than both OpenVPN and OpenConnect, however still wildly fluctuates throughout the day but this is expected.

No crashes or connection drops in the last 4 hours of testing. 

blockoutsidedns.png

NYC-Reconnecting.png

NYC-Reconnecting01.png

QuickConn-InsufficientData.png

James8078
19 hours ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

We have an early beta available, everyones very eager to use it so we thought we would just release this to everyone who wishes to test it - keep in mind this is a very early beta, there will be bugs...

It would be great if you could all please report any bugs you find via this thread - we know occasionally sometimes when you connect you may see an SSL error, this is purely to do with some servers still in the process of being setup, just reconnect again.

To enable Wireguard check it under more settings... --> Network tab, all locations supporting Wireguard should show the Wireguard logo.

Windows: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/torguard-setup-v3.99.4-pre.65+g730448e.test.exe

Mac OS: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/TorGuard-v3.99.4-pre.54+g4139983bd.test.dmg

Regards

hi, Im connected but I dont have access to internet. I use windows  and I think it is incompatible with dnscrypt v2 on my dd wrt router.

but it works great when I use wireguard app, the ''original app''

EDIT: finaly it works when in : '' setting'' - ''network'' , ''when vpn is connected'' , I have to uncheck '' pushed dns'' and I have to choose any dns option servers......

Support
55 minutes ago, Kratos said:

Windows 10 (1909)
Initial install over stable version (3.99.3).  Wireguard was previously installed. Servers did not show wireguard icon even after a full system reboot.  But I figure this is because I had the 'Kill Switch' option selected from the previous install since they immediately showed up after connecting then disconnecting from a OpenVPN location. 

1) NYC shows wireguard icon but doesn't connect. It goes through the process of Preparing Wireguard, Starting Wireguard but then sits at Reconnecting as status.

2) Once connected to a working wireguard server, a popup displays 'Could not block outside DNS'. Not sure if this is actually happening or if its just cosmetic. The NewJersey server is hosted on QuadraNet: 

Torguard IP Test shows connected to: 23.226.134.90
Torguard DNS Leak Test shows dns as: 23.226.134.90
DNSleaktest sites (https://dnsleak.com/ and https://dnsleaktest.com/) show connections to 2 servers in their tests: 108.162.213.6 (cloudflare) and 23.226.134.90 (quadranet)

3) There's a slight hang on disconnect where it shows as "not responding" in the app title bar.

4) In the windows task bar if I right click and select Connect then I would expect a quick connection to the last connected server.  Instead I get an error "Insufficient Data Found Please start a connection from the main window"

Speeds are remarkably better than both OpenVPN and OpenConnect, however still wildly fluctuates throughout the day but this is expected.

No crashes or connection drops in the last 4 hours of testing. 

blockoutsidedns.png

NYC-Reconnecting.png

NYC-Reconnecting01.png

QuickConn-InsufficientData.png

Thank you for the feedback guys - much appreciated

We have resolved most of these already - when going from stable to test versions  the server list issues will happen until you hit restore defaults under the general tab.

Regards

Stung

The WireGuard speeds seem to be great so far.

However, my client only shows data upload amount. It's showing a 0 Mib for amount downloaded.

Another issue I ran into is the kill switch with torguard. It works, but after it kills my network connection it is a bear to get working again. At times I've tried resetting all network adapters. It won't connect to the internet, tor guard client says it's connecting but then never does. Only thing that fixes it is rebooting the computer. I will try flushing the DNS and resetting TCP/IP next time it happens to see if that will let me to re-establish a connection.

Zaheer
On 8/3/2020 at 4:28 AM, Support said:

Hey guys,

Regards

iOS and iPadOS app updates can be expected soon too?

Support
9 hours ago, Stung said:

The WireGuard speeds seem to be great so far.

However, my client only shows data upload amount. It's showing a 0 Mib for amount downloaded.

Another issue I ran into is the kill switch with torguard. It works, but after it kills my network connection it is a bear to get working again. At times I've tried resetting all network adapters. It won't connect to the internet, tor guard client says it's connecting but then never does. Only thing that fixes it is rebooting the computer. I will try flushing the DNS and resetting TCP/IP next time it happens to see if that will let me to re-establish a connection.

If you have the kill switch enabled once you disconnect and close the app completely it should bring back your connectivity, are you saying this isn't happening?

Support
9 hours ago, Zaheer said:

iOS and iPadOS app updates can be expected soon too?

Once the desktop app is done we are implementing this to our Android app, then iOS, iOS has some updates coming within a few days, this will include fixes/OpenVPN etc

Regards

• Thanks 1

jpgk82

Tried to use it, but can not see any wiregaurd options to connect to and tried the fixes other suggested

Then kept causing my internet to connect and disconnect even when VPN was not on

Ill try again when next beta comes out

Support
3 hours ago, jpgk82 said:

Tried to use it, but can not see any wiregaurd options to connect to and tried the fixes other suggested

Then kept causing my internet to connect and disconnect even when VPN was not on

Ill try again when next beta comes out

Under the general tab hit restore defaults and then refresh the server list, under the network tab check to enable WireGuard.

Regards

• Like 1

jpgk82
5 hours ago, Support said:

Under the general tab hit restore defaults and then refresh the server list, under the network tab check to enable WireGuard.

Regards

Yeah that worked thanks

Very disappointing speeds, about ten percent of what I get from my ISP, I thought wire-guard was meant to be much better on speeds :( 

Support
59 minutes ago, jpgk82 said:

Yeah that worked thanks

Very disappointing speeds, about ten percent of what I get from my ISP, I thought wire-guard was meant to be much better on speeds :( 

For the vast majority of people there will be a huge difference yes but of course it can still depend on other factors - what is your raw line speed?

Zaheer
10 hours ago, Support said:

Once the desktop app is done we are implementing this to our Android app, then iOS, iOS has some updates coming within a few days, this will include fixes/OpenVPN etc

Regards

Yes iOS needs OpenVPN support now, the exiting protocol don’t work in countries with DPI. 

Stung
11 hours ago, Support said:

If you have the kill switch enabled once you disconnect and close the app completely it should bring back your connectivity, are you saying this isn't happening?

That did the trick, I quite the app in the system tray and that fixed the problem. When using OpenVPN I would let it automatically re-enable the adapters so I never had to do that. Thanks for the response.

zerotikin
On 8/2/2020 at 9:28 PM, Support said:

Hey guys,

Regards

Servers in Brazil none work.  Brasil02 just keeps reconnecting

https://imgur.com/a/V9nPqwt

https://imgur.com/IUWQAIY

jpgk82
9 hours ago, Support said:

For the vast majority of people there will be a huge difference yes but of course it can still depend on other factors - what is your raw line speed?

1.Wireguard Porgramme
2.Torguard using wireguard 
3.Isp without anything 

2020-08-05 09_08_06-Window.png

uNc
2 hours ago, jpgk82 said:

1.Wireguard Porgramme
3.Isp without anything 

2 hours ago, jpgk82 said:

1.Wireguard Porgramme
3.Isp without anything 

Windows or macOS?

jpgk82
1 minute ago, uNc said:

Windows or macOS?

Windows 10

g2159687
1 hour ago, jpgk82 said:

Windows 10

These speed test services can be inaccurate (they are never accurate for me tbh, usually shows only 1/5 of my actual speed for me 🤔). I'd recommend you to try to download a big file from a popular server instead, also using multi threaded downloader like IDM will be better to get accurate results. For example, I usually download a Windows 7 image from MS by IDM to test my network speed and stability.

jpgk82
4 minutes ago, g2159687 said:

These speed test services can be inaccurate (they are never accurate for me tbh, usually shows only 1/5 of my actual speed for me 🤔). I'd recommend you to try to download a big file from a popular server instead, also using multi threaded downloader like IDM will be better to get accurate results. For example, I usually download a Windows 7 image from MS by IDM to test my network speed and stability.

Thanks for suggestion, but if my up to speed from ISP is 500 and speed-test is giving me over that, then its the VPN or a driver or something is the issue

Id love to no what other people are getting with and without VPN, i did post in speeds thread myself

uNc
32 minutes ago, jpgk82 said:

Thanks for suggestion, but if my up to speed from ISP is 500 and speed-test is giving me over that, then its the VPN or a driver or something is the issue

Id love to no what other people are getting with and without VPN, i did post in speeds thread myself

I have a 500/500Mbps fiber service in Thailand and speed is about 700Mbps w/o VPN and about 600Mbps with Wireguard Singapore server using macOS TG app, tested via the cli, over CAT6 ethernet.

• Thanks 1

g2159687
1 hour ago, jpgk82 said:

Yep if you are getting better speed results without VPN connected then it's definitely a VPN/driver/app issue. The max speed is only 100Mbps here so both OpenVPN/Wireguard can max out my network easily. As for my thoughts towards speed test services, it's hard to reach them without VPN so I don't make tests without VPN connected, this is one of reasons I test my speed by downloading files.

jpgk82
10 minutes ago, g2159687 said:

Yep if you are getting better speed results without VPN connected then it's definitely a VPN/driver/app issue. The max speed is only 100Mbps here so both OpenVPN/Wireguard can max out my network easily.

I don't expect 500 from isp and vpn, but definitely not 90% loss 

Trying on phone wifi and the same, only 10% of speed via vpn

Screenshot_20200805_144537_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

g2159687
13 minutes ago, jpgk82 said:

Then changing servers is recommended I guess. Resolve torguard hostname into IP addresses, then try them one by one and find out the server with highest speed. I took lots of time to research and find the best servers for me (it's proven my experiments are worthy, I found two best servers over ~20 ones in total). However, please don't blame me if this doesn't work, the network environment can be quite different 😅

• Thanks 1

jpgk82
17 hours ago, jpgk82 said:

Screenshot_20200805_144537_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

Someone on reddit getting 3/4 their speed by doing the same as me