TorGuard
Support

WireGuard Windows and Mac OS Beta 1

Rate this question

Question

Support

Hey guys,

We have an early beta available, everyones very eager to use it so we thought we would just release this to everyone who wishes to test it - keep in mind this is a very early beta, there will be bugs...

It would be great if you could all please report any bugs you find via this thread - we know occasionally sometimes when you connect you may see an SSL error, this is purely to do with some servers still in the process of being setup, just reconnect again.

To enable Wireguard check it under more settings... --> Network tab, all locations supporting Wireguard should show the Wireguard logo.

Windows: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/torguard-setup-v3.99.4-pre.65+g730448e.test.exe

Mac OS: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/TorGuard-v3.99.4-pre.54+g4139983bd.test.dmg

Linux: 

Let us know how you go - thanks

Regards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uNc said:

What server location(s) did you test?

Wireguard servers which you can see on your account under wireguard servers when you login to torguard.net, tested all UK1-UK5, NL1-NL5, US1-US5 (did not test asian, should work too if in those countries those services are available), I do not want to write all IP's, is 159.65.251.93

John19
3 minutes ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

We have an early beta available, everyones very eager to use it so we thought we would just release this to everyone who wishes to test it - keep in mind this is a very early beta, there will be bugs...

It would be great if you could all please report any bugs you find via this thread - we know occasionally sometimes when you connect you may see an SSL error, this is purely to do with some servers still in the process of being setup, just reconnect again.

To enable Wireguard check it under more settings... --> Network tab, all locations supporting Wireguard should show the Wireguard logo.

Windows: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/torguard-setup-v3.99.4-pre.65+g730448e.test.exe

Mac OS: https://torguard.net/downloads/beta/TorGuard-v3.99.4-pre.54+g4139983bd.test.dmg

Regards

Is Wireguard with (Streaming) IPs already supported with this beta?

Support
Just now, John19 said:

Is Wireguard with (Streaming) IPs already supported with this beta?

Not just now - this come very shortly.

Regards

Best10VPN

Just tested this with a ubuntu ISO. Got 52 Mb/s at the peak. Looks like its around 20 MB/s faster than OpenVPN for me.

So far I've noticed two problems:

When it starts up, it says "cannot block DNS" some  type of error. Secondly, I had to click on "install wireguard drivers" when it was installing, or it would not work. I have also noticed a bit of a buggy nature / hang time while connecting. I would love for the connection process to feel more smooth / quicker, and hopefully that is something that comes with the full release. 

Testing it out with Fast.com, I got 150+ Mbps than Openconnect (490 Mbps with WireGuard + 340 with openconnect)

Great job so far Torguard team!

-Tom Spark Reviews 

https://www.vpntierlist.com/

Support
16 minutes ago, Best10VPN said:

Just tested this with a ubuntu ISO. Got 52 Mb/s at the peak. Looks like its around 20 MB/s faster than OpenVPN for me.

So far I've noticed two problems:

When it starts up, it says "cannot block DNS" some  type of error. Secondly, I had to click on "install wireguard drivers" when it was installing, or it would not work. I have also noticed a bit of a buggy nature / hang time while connecting. I would love for the connection process to feel more smooth / quicker, and hopefully that is something that comes with the full release. 

Great job so far Torguard team!

-Tom Spark Reviews 

https://www.vpntierlist.com/

Thanks Tom - we know of these and we are working through them - thanks for your feedback :)

g2159687

Just tried Wireguard beta on Windows 7. The speed is fine, 100/100 Mbps with both WG/OpenVPN (maxed out my poor 100Mbps connection). There are some bugs too.

1. As Tom said above, there is a hang time when connecting.

2. The app is creating a new virtual network adapter upon each connection, so I have to select "network connection type" (home/work/public) during each connecting process too, which is inconvenient and shouldn't be necessary.

3. After connected, pushed DNS address is 10.0.0.1, which is unreachable so I can't visit websites if I didn't have them DNS cached before. This doesn't happen with OpenVPN.

Stung

Just downloaded it and testing it out now. I'll report any bugs that I find.

Best10VPN
1 hour ago, g2159687 said:

Just tried Wireguard beta on Windows 7. The speed is fine, 100/100 Mbps with both WG/OpenVPN (maxed out my poor 100Mbps connection). There are some bugs too.

1. As Tom said above, there is a hang time when connecting.

2. The app is creating a new virtual network adapter upon each connection, so I have to select "network connection type" (home/work/public) during each connecting process too, which is inconvenient and shouldn't be necessary.

3. After connected, pushed DNS address is 10.0.0.1, which is unreachable so I can't visit websites if I didn't have them DNS cached before. This doesn't happen with OpenVPN.

Jesus man, Windows 7?

g2159687
22 minutes ago, Best10VPN said:

Jesus man, Windows 7?

Windows 10 is too stupid to use for me. Too many crap "features" (nonsense in fact), and that stupid "Settings + Control Panel" dual configuration design frightened me a lot. So I'll stick to Win 7 until there is completely no HARDWARE support, and I might switch to Linux then.

James8078

I will try but later , you will support android and routers? 

kx9134

Does not work on Mac. Enabled in the network settings but can't get an option to select WG. I don't even see any WG icon beside the servers

Boopa-dee

Interface kill switch seems to be missing in the network tab.

kratoscratus1891
8 hours ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

Regards

Hello, didn't see any WG logo on any servers that WG has been implemented? Tried uninstalling and reinstall. Already checked the enable WG.

g2159687

Just found another issue.

When I'm trying to connect with OpenVPN by quick menu (right click on app icon in system tray -> Connect), the app says "Insufficient data found" and asks me to use normal method to connect (connect by clicking on "Connect" button within main app window).

The issue is related to OpenVPN (not tested Wireguard yet), but it's an issue related to latest beta.

Support
1 hour ago, James8078 said:

I will try but later , you will support android and routers? 

Yes for sure, that’s whats planned.

1 hour ago, kratoscratus1891 said:

Hello, didn't see any WG logo on any servers that WG has been implemented? Tried uninstalling and reinstall. Already checked the enable WG.

Under more settings... --> general tab --> hit "refresh" then recheck the server list.

Regards

Support
37 minutes ago, g2159687 said:

Just found another issue.

When I'm trying to connect with OpenVPN by quick menu (right click on app icon in system tray -> Connect), the app says "Insufficient data found" and asks me to use normal method to connect (connect by clicking on "Connect" button within main app window).

The issue is related to OpenVPN (not tested Wireguard yet), but it's an issue related to latest beta.

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into all these you pointed out.

kratoscratus1891
14 minutes ago, Support said:

Yes for sure, that’s whats planned.

Under more settings... --> general tab --> hit "refresh" then recheck the server list.

Regards

Nothing happened. No WG logo appeared. Maybe it's a bug. No option for WG too.Only OpenVPN and OpenConnect.

PeterDiva

Reinstall and check that Install Wireguard is ticked on the Choose Components screen.

If it still doesn't show, untick Enable Wireguard. Restart the client and then enable Wireguard again.

This is what worked for me.

kratoscratus1891
30 minutes ago, PeterDiva said:

Reinstall and check that Install Wireguard is ticked on the Choose Components screen.

If it still doesn't show, untick Enable Wireguard. Restart the client and then enable Wireguard again.

This is what worked for me.

Already did and repeated for many times. Sadly didn't work. 😅

uNc
11 hours ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

Regards

Hello, 

Is it possible to download the conf. files for manual configuration at this time?

Thanks.

g2159687
2 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking into all these you pointed out.

Okay, thanks for looking into those issues.

Please consider pointing out Wireguard port on servers as well, because servers in a same country can be quite different, so it's better to let me select my favorite server and test. I guess it's 1443 after some simple inspections, but I'm not quite sure.

As for "different server" thing I said above, I have an example. I'm using Japan servers, one server with IP  *.*.174.50  has <100 ms latency when connected here, but another server with IP  *.*.221.182  has >400 ms. So being able to select my favorite server to connect is quite important I think. These server things are a bit off-topic, I may open a support ticket to explain this further if you are interested.

Support
2 hours ago, kratoscratus1891 said:

Already did and repeated for many times. Sadly didn't work. 😅

Try restore defaults under the general tab, this should resolve your issue.

1 hour ago, uNc said:

Hello, 

Is it possible to download the conf. files for manual configuration at this time?

Thanks.

At the moment no but we will make that possible.

1 hour ago, g2159687 said:

Please consider pointing out Wireguard port on servers as well, because servers in a same country can be quite different, so it's better to let me select my favorite server and test. I guess it's 1443 after some simple inspections, but I'm not quite sure.

As for "different server" thing I said above, I have an example. I'm using Japan servers, one server with IP  *.*.174.50  has <100 ms latency when connected here, but another server with IP  *.*.221.182  has >400 ms. So being able to select my favorite server to connect is quite important I think. These server things are a bit off-topic, I may open a support ticket to explain this further if you are interested.

This is the default port for the time being yes - in regards to Japan, these IP ranges are in different DC's, as we just done with Singapore its likely best we separate into 2 separate Japan locations, I will do that today.

Regards

Reboot
14 hours ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

Regards

can't see any wireguard logo in windows 10. already done everything mentioned above

Support
7 minutes ago, Reboot said:

can't see any wireguard logo in windows 10. already done everything mentioned above

• Like 1

Reboot
39 minutes ago, Support said:

now i can see servers but indian wireguard server showing error in connection..also there is dns leak in other servers..