TorGuard

Openvpn on Asus AX1100 setup

Rate this question

19736_1511348121

Question

19736_1511348121

Hello,

I'm trying to setup the vpn client service on my asus AX1100. I clicked on the vpn tab, vpn fusion tab, clicked on add server list, open vpn, typed in description, username and password, uploaded the openvpn file from torguard, uploaded the ca file and pressed ok. When I try to activate the service, it just keeps spinning. I also rebooted the router. Any ideas of what I might be missing or need to do? Thanks all. 

2 answers to this question

Chinaa108

Hi, I had the same issue on my Ax11000 Asus.  Make sure the file you generate is OpenVPN Version: 2.3 or older. Select a port that supports sha1. and specify cipher none. 

The router is very fast with open vpn im almost maxing my isp speed of 100mbps

Hope this Helps

Asus AX11000 is a monster device, however, the price sucks, compared to as example 7 archer C7's for the same price you get way more wifi coverage, can run 28 VPN connections on every LAN port and considered to use wireguard, all 7 of them would max out. Let's say I would take 6 archer c7 and one 8port PoE+ switch to power them as addition, all that would be cheaper than that one router.

That router is more expensive than my hystou device with 6 gbit lan ports and intel i-series cpu which is a little bit more powerful than asus ax11000. Like I said, it is very good router, but it is quite overpriced.