TorGuard
lucky

must reinstall torguard to use it

Rate this topic

lucky

past few weeks been having issues with 3 97 4 saying not responding and so i had to reinstall and it worked. i updated to the latest version and still have the issue. if i reinstall any version it always works but i dont want to have to reinstall every time. any ideas what is going on .

win 10 machine.

Support
5 hours ago, lucky said:

past few weeks been having issues with 3 97 4 saying not responding and so i had to reinstall and it worked. i updated to the latest version and still have the issue. if i reinstall any version it always works but i dont want to have to reinstall every time. any ideas what is going on .

win 10 machine.

Hey there,

Do you have Kaspersky by chance? when you say "not responding", is the app itself freezing or whilst connecting to the VPN?

Regards

lucky

i have norton. the app window says (not responding) on the top of the window , it never connects until kill it and reinstall

Mick2020

Reinstall the latest torguard, but this time install tap ver 9.9.2_3 in the install menu.Its a well known issue.

Support
4 hours ago, lucky said:

why would that work sometimes but then need to be reinstalled again?

Hey there, you shouldn’t need to reinstall - please install the latest build here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Let me know if this resolves your problem.

lucky

sadly a new problem with both previous version and now the new one. i can connect using TG but when i disconnect i have no internet. i cannot keep connected all the time for practical reasons nor should i have to as i didnt before. i must reboot then its fine every time. so basically its a pain to use and i hate to reboot every time i want to disconnect.

Support
19 minutes ago, lucky said:

sadly a new problem with both previous version and now the new one. i can connect using TG but when i disconnect i have no internet. i cannot keep connected all the time for practical reasons nor should i have to as i didnt before. i must reboot then its fine every time. so basically its a pain to use and i hate to reboot every time i want to disconnect.

Hi,

Are you using the kill switch under the network tab? if this is enabled and you disconnect you will have no connectivity until you either reconnect or close the app completely - it is designed to stop leaks.

Regards

lucky

well that fixed it. wow. i thought a kill switch only affected utorrent and expected that to stop downloading if TG disconnected. i had no idea kill switch killed all connectivity if you disconnect it.

is there any way to set it up that if TG gets disconnected that only utorrent gets killed and all other programs work ok

Support

You could disable the kill switch and use App Kill for this.

Regards

lucky

i was under settings/app kill when i did this. i dont think i ever changed anything under network actually.

the kill swtich box is not checked but seemless reconnect is checked.

are you saying i should be able to go under app kill and only TG would be disconnected (if i added it back) as i would like to do, while keeping all others connected? if so then it's not working as designed.