TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  
JimMc

Port Forwarding Help

Rate this question

Question

JimMc

I'm afraid that I'm lost. I just signed up for Tor Guard. I want to open port forwarding for two purposes: (1) Use Transmission for P2P and (2) Get remote access to Calibre.

I went to "Request New Port Forward" but nothing has an explanation. For Transmission, in the left-hand box, I pick a random number above 2048 and TCP and hit the green plus-sign. Then, for the right-hand box, I connect via the VPN, go to https://torguard.net/whats-my-ip.php and get my IP number (209.95.50.119) and put that in the "IP Address" box. I suppose that I also want TCP here, but what do I pick for Port/Auth? I had to pick a random number for the left-hand box but here I'm stumped. Which one is best.

Then, I do exactly the same to open a different port for Calibre?

ANY help here would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 5.50.09 PM.png

1 answer to this question

PeterDiva

Select UDP from the drop down arrow (on the left) as well for P2P on port 33344. You can add a second port for Calibre here at the same time.

You also want to use UDP for P2P (on the right). Leave Port/Auth as it is. That's it. It should show as active down the bottom straight away.