TorGuard

My problem

Rate this question

Question

I am trying to use my torrent proxy, and torrents are not downloading.

I have a Mac, with Mac OS 10.6.8. I am using uTorrent (for the first time) version 1.8.4.

Under the "BitTorrent" pref pane, under Peers, I have Enable DHT checked. I have Enable PEX unchecked, although I also tried it checked.

Under the "Network" pref pane, I tried it with a fixed Incoming TCP port, and a randomized one. "Automatically map port using NAT-PMP or UPnP is checked. Proxy server is SOCKS5. Under Address, I first tried "proxy.torguard.tg." Later I tried one of the servers I found in the "My Servers" section. Right now, it is "93.numbersIwon'tsay" The port is 1080. Authentication has my correct username and password. "Use proxy for hostname lookups" and Use proxy for peer to peer connections" are both checked.

On my router, I tried forwarding the ports. I tried "93.xxx" and 1080, both individually and together. I downloaded that test torret to see if my proxy is working. It is. It says "Failure: Success, your torrent client IP is 93.xxx."

Somehow, I got 1 torrent to download. But nothing else. Especially magnet links. They don't find the meta data.

I have 1 torrent trying to download. When I click on it and select trackers, it says the following. DHT-waiting for announce. Local peer discovery-working. Peer exchange-working. Then 6 tracker sites-connection timed out.

Can anyone help me? I just bought a year of this proxy server thing today. Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Support

Hello there - unfortunatly uTorrent on the Mac lacks any kind of UDP support - can i get you to test with Vuze please ?

Regards

Support

Hey there - BitTorrent is exactly the same as uTorrent by the same people - even though Vuze is not the nicest it has the best support on the Mac - if you want to stick with utorrent, we suggest you switch to our VPN.

Regards

Thank you for all your help. I forwarded the ports like you said, but when I check online to see if they are open, it says 1080 is closed. Is this a problem? Could it be because I have my computer's local IP entered into the port forwarding list instead of the proxy IP?

Torrents are downloading, but Vuze is telling me "The tracker is OK, you're connected to peers, but you don't have any remote connection. You may have a NAT problem if your torrents stay on yellow status all the time."

Support

Its ok as long as the port is open at our end you can connect to it - it doesn't have to be open on your end, just open int he router so that you can connect to us.

If you are downloading while the proxy is set then your good to go, NAT errors are common when using a proxy you can ignore them.

Regards